50 Ways, Topics & Ideas to Write A Hub or Online Article!
In honor of my 50th published hub!
I wanted to write my 50th hub about some aspect of HubPages and thought it'd be fun to brainstorm some ideas, topics and tips to give others inspiration to write hubs. There are so many things to write about, but sometimes a little inspiration can go a long way.
Tips for writing when you're stuck!
- Brainstorm your next hub by using this method.
- Look through your old computer files and publish old research papers or essays from class that are interesting. (Make sure they haven't been published online before!)
- Write a hub on topics from your major.
- Write about a topic that you know nothing about, but want to know more.
- Browse Google Trends for ideas.
- Write about your favorite celebrity.
- Look around your house for products that absolutely love and review them.
- Write about your last trip.
- Think of topics that your friends might be interested in reading.
- Write about your experiences in life. College; parenting; relationships, etc.
- Write a "How to" article on your favorite hobby!
- Look through the phonebook classifieds to get ideas on topics.
- Ask your family and friends what topics they'd like to see.
- Write a review on your favorite movie!
- Look through some old family cookbooks and publish your recipes.
- Write about ways that you, personally, save money.
- Bring a little notebook with you wherever you go to write down your ideas!
- Write a hub on every car you've ever owned and what your experiences were like.
- Write a hub on your worst date, EVER!
- Write about your favorite places to write your hubs; your porch, the coffee shop, etc.
- Write about your favorite websites that you use online.
- Get ideas by searching through news message board forums where people have constant discussion about the issues.
- Write about your favorite form of exercise.
- Watch the evening news and write about of the major headlines and give your opinion on it.
- Read through the dictionary; look for words that inspire you.
- Write about what it's like to be an owner of your breed of pet/s.
- Write about one of the activities you did today. I.e., I got an oil change, so I'll write about oil changes, how important they are, how much they cost, etc.
- Go shopping and purchase a few similar products for you to try, review and compare.
- Write about your favorite music album, ever and give reasons why!
- Constantly be aware of things happening around you and make a note to write about them; i.e. crazy neighbors and how to deal with them, how to teach your child to tie his shoe, etc.
- Write about issues that you deal with at work.
- Watch television to get ideas; pay attention to the commercials, be inspired by images and quotes.
- Write about an illness or disease that you or a family member have to deal with on a continual basis.
- Write a review on your town or a major city in your country or state.
- Concoct your ultimate dream vacation and write a hub about exactly what you'd do there.
- Read National Geographic and other travel magazines to inspire travel hubs.
- Look through flickr to gain inspiration on topics.
- Write about your favorite season (fall, winter, etc.) and why!
- Write about the characters from your favorite television show.
- Start to build or create an item and photograph your progression and final product; hub about it!
- Write about what your ultimate, dream job would be and why.
- Listen to the radio to get ideas from commercials and radio announcers.
- Get inspired by your favorite music! Write hubs that remind you of lyrics to your favorite song.
- Write about the best date that you've ever had, and why!
- Write about your favorite sport and favorite sports team.
- Write about your family's traditions.
- If you're humorous, write a bunch of jokes on different topics to make others smile.
- If you speak another language, write about it and inform others on how they can learn the language, too.
- Provide insight and inspiration on what it's like to be a mother, father, sister, brother, grandmother, grandfather, aunt, uncle, etc!
- Write about your HubPages experience so far to give other readers, tips, tricks, inspiration and advice.
Great Hub Writing "How To's!"
- Writing Hubs That Score 100 - Don't Ask ME!
is a red-letter, circle-it-on-the-calendar day! Two of my hubs are at 100! Woohoo! This isn't the first time my pennings have scored 100, but the first (that I know of) that two hubs reached the magic...
- How To Write a Flagship Hub
Hubpages have announced a program encouraging hubbers to contribute high quality hubs which include a minimum of 1500 words of original content plus relevant photos, videos and links. Now in academia 1500...
- How To Create A Search Engine Friendly HubPage
Whether your writing at hubpages for fun, or to make a little extra money, your HubPages are going to benefit from having a search engine friendly format. Hubpages is a fantastic community of diverse...
- How to Increase HubPage Income by Cultivating Your H...
One of the major attractions of HubPages is the opportunity to make money by writing and publishing articles on HubPages. Many writers who are new to HubPages as well as some not so new ones often get...
- How To Make Money From Hubpages
I am writing this article on Hubpages, which is a free site where you can publish any article about any subject that you like and make some extra money for your efforts. there are six ways at the moment that...
More by this Author
Find out the basics of weight loss.
Authors Note: I wrote this paper several years ago for a class. I chose the topic because a friend was suffering from gaming addiction. Please watch out for your family, your spouse, your significant other and your...
I started looking into electrolysis when I was 17 or 18. I used to have very unruly eyebrows and was getting fed-up with constantly plucking them or going to the salon and paying money to have them waxed. It's literally...