Adding Amazon Astore to Your Blogger: Method Explained
Adding Amazon Astore to Blogger
Blogger is a great niche site builder if you can use it right. So you have the main page of your blog as the introduction to your niche site. Well know you want to make some money using Amazon Affiliates and their wonderful Astore. Whats great about the astore is that you can set up a real working shop on your website and make it look legit with the shopping cart and payment through amazon. This way your site doesn;t look tacky and scare people away from your site. You can easily increase your revenue by 50% by using this Astore in your blog.
No HTML, CSS knowledge need for Astore
Now after you set up your Astore your looking at the coding wondering how you put that into your blog don't worry this isn't as tough as you think, I have spent hours modifying each little part of the code so that you will be able to put it into blogger pages. Yes the whole entire store will fit. You may have to adjust your blog that is set up right now just a little bit. Unfortunatly this is the only way to fit it in. You will hardly notice the change of your blog outline.
Amazon Astore on Blogger Blog
As you can see above I fit the entire store in the page. Even the listamania and related products, like I said this isn't hard to do. I will walk you step by step on how to make this page.
- Go to your Amazon Affiliate Page
- Click the astore tab
- Click the astore button
- Enter a tracking number this doesn't matter what you pick it just helps you see which astore is performing at what level. I name the trackers after my site. If it's dog training name the tracker "dogtraining1",
- The next step you will get a list of things for setting up your store. The only thing I really worry about is adding a backlink to the store back to your site, that way you don't lose the customer forever and they can surf back to your site. You can check the boxes and fill in required information.
- Click the add a category button. This is where you enter the Category title this will show up at the top of the shop. You can then add individual products, or a group of them by keyword. I find the keyword works best unless looking for special items. Then hit Continue for the next page.
- The next page is the colors, fonts, background. This really all depends on you I recommend that you make it similar to your blog or website as much as possible. The key to the astore is looking professional. Not Professional=No Money. You can also name your store I usually leave this blank since the category title names it already.
- Then you decide what side to put the sidebar, this works best on the right side but you can do it on the left. Then decide what widgets you have on your page. I usually take off my wish list for a niche site or blog.
- Now click the get link and select the Embed my store using an inline frame this is what needs to be used for adding a amazon astore to your blogger.
This is what you will see
<iframe src="http://astore.amazon.com/xxxx-12" width="90%" height="4000" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
- So you only need to change the " height="4000" to " height="1000"
- Next change the " width="90%" to " width="3000%"
- End result <iframe src="http://astore.amazon.com/xxxx-12" width="3000" height="1000" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
Changes to Blogger for astore
On Blogger you will have to change a couple of things and you can even tweak with this a little bit to customize it to your standards. This is just what I found worked for me. For the Entire blog width I make it 1000 px and the right sidebar 150px. Like I said you can change this to work for you.
More by this Author
A Marimo Moss Ball is a type of algae that comes from Lake Akan in Japan. It's just known as the Marimo Moss Ball in Japan, it gets it's name from Mari meaning "ball" in Japanese and "mo" refers to...
My male Parrot Cichlid Check out http://myaquariumbox.com/ it's like a magazine subscription you can use. Sign up for your box today!! Blood Parrot Cichlids have been in the hobby for about 10 years and don't seem to...
If your looking to get into breeding guppies then check out this article it has detailed video, writing and pictures to help with breeding and caring for guppies.