Being a Success on HubPages
I joined HubPages about 2 months ago. I published my first hub on the 23rd of July. I did not realize that my first hub entitled “5 sexual positions better than sit ups for a bikini body” would make it to HubPages front page but also that it would cause such a stir.
A few days after my first hub was published it was flagged and as I could not rewrite it in any other way, to explain the required positions and their benefits to ones body, it was unpublished. A few days later I published my second hub on a less controversial topic and then for my third hub I decided to jump in the 30/30 HubChallenge.
30 hubs in 30 days? Nop! 30 hubs in 60 days!
The 30/30 HubChallenge.
The HubChallenge is a personal challenge to write 30 hubs in 30 days. I started the hubchallenge with no idea of what was involved in publishing a hub a day. I had read that some of the hubbers participating had a strategy for the challenge, some choose a topic and work around it, others made a plan and chose their 30 hubs before starting the challenge. Each hubber had their own style. As far as I was concerned the challenge was about having fun and I did not prepare anything in advance. I decided to write about whatever tickled my fancy on the day.
My strategy, or lack of it, was hectic and I wrote about things that interested me. I had fun finding new topics every day and writing about them. But not planning in advance I started to fall behind schedule and what started as a 30/30 challenge became a 30/60 Hubchallenge. Now two months later I have finally finished my 30 hubs in more or less 60 days.
I do not regret entering the challenge or failing to achieve the 30/30. Even “failing” the challenge I have learnt a lot in these two months while having a lot of fun with the topics I decided to write about.
My hubs with the highest score: 100
- Married Couples Sleeping in Separate Bedrooms
Being brought up within a heavy catholic tradition, the marital bedroom along with the conjugal bed was part of my idea for a perfect marriage. I used to see with horror and sadness those couples who no...
- Animal Print Swimwear
I love animal prints, whether as an accessory or as an entire garment I just cannot resist it. Animal prints never seem to go out of style, the leopard, zebra, tiger and snake prints seem to come back every...
My statistics 2 months after joining HubPages:
Total Number of hubs: 30
First hub published on: the 23rd of July.
Most of my traffic comes from HubPages : 21700 +
Highest HubScore: 100
Number of fans: 154
Average score for my profile: 90s (having reached up to 97)
Average Hubscore: 80s
Money made on my first month here: $10
Money made on my second month here: $25
My animal Print Swimwear Hub scored 100 !
My hub on Married couples sleeping in separate bedrooms scored 100
Another Hub with 100 score: my one on How to get Free Plastic surgery
My 30 hubs for my 30/60 HubChallenge
How to caress a woman’s breast.
1641 views and 13 comments on the first couple of days; this was my first HubChallenge hub. Unfortunately, it was flagged and unpublished. I had the opportunity to edit it and submit for publishing again which I did but still didn’t pass the censorship. I could have edit it again but to be honest I didn’t see how could I explain how women like their breast to be caressed without saying it explicitly.
Animal Print Swimwear It managed to score 100
Quotes reflections and thoughts on Marriage. This one was a lot of fun for me.
How to find a boyfriend. I wrote this one in response to all my single friends who for some “unknown” reason do not seem to be able to find or keep a boyfriend.
Food as a sensual pleasure. This is one of my most loved hubs. Again I wrote this one because I wanted to share my passion for mixing foreplay and food.
Bigger breasts naturally. This is my hub with most views ever, 4000 + in less than 2 months.
Marquis de Sade random quotes and writings. This is the hub for which I have received the most insults. I accepted comments against Sade, but I deleted all the comments that were insulting ME because for me that just shows a lack of respect. I accept criticism but not disrespect.
Married Couples Sleeping in Separate Bedrooms. This is my hub with most comments, 66 so far from people who are both for and against married couples sharing a bedroom.
How to Get Free Plastic Surgery. This hub was part of the Hubmob, I became interested in the topic and started researching free ways to get plastic surgery.
I made it to HubPages front page with my hub on Plastic Surgery, the search for perfection! AND with the Free cosmetic surgery
How to make money writing on HubPages.com
Did I learn anything doing the HubChallenge?
If I had to make a list of the most important things I have learnt doing this challenge, I would say:
- Write about your passion. If you are passionate about a topic your reader will feel the vibes, will want to read more and eventually will click on the adverts in your hub and you will gain a few dollars.
- If you want people to read your hubs, you need to write about something original, perhaps even controversial.
- Becoming a fan of your favourite hubbers has a boomerang effect, as most of them come back to read your profile and your hubs.
- Leaving comments in other hubs allows you to be known in the community and in time other hubbers became interested in who you are and what you are writing about.
- You must be careful choosing your topics and the words and photos that you use in your hubs. In only 2 months I have had 3 hubs flagged and 2 of them unpublished because their content was not appropriate for HubPages. This has taught me to “contain” my passion a bit so I don’t waste my time writing hubs that will be unpublished and I don’t waste HubPages time either having to review my hubs for publication.
- If you want to make money here, write about what people want to read. Sell what they want to buy.
- Not everybody respects your opinions. There are lots of people who think that they are the only ones right and they are very rude with their comments. I have been insulted but I have never responded to them with insults. Do not be put off by those intolerant persons. Be respectful with your answers to their comments. In time your readers will acknowledge that even if your opinion is not the best, it deserves to be respected because you are respecting others.
HubPages Tips: How to find a FANTASTIC Hub topic
More by this Author
Reduced your waist measurements from 2 to 4 inches instantly with a waist cincher. Look Sexy, Reduce your Waistline, Smooth your Curves, and Shape your Figure with waist cinchers and underbust corsets
Tips on how to care for your latex clothes
Love at first sight. Recognize Love at first sight signs. The dangers of love at first sight.