Understanding Hubscore, Hubber score and what makes them both tick
Hubber score of 99 is shown here
Do you know how to hub?
I'm not going to try to tell you that there's some magic trick or formula to learning how to score high stats on Hubpages as a writer, a hub community member or whatever you've come to Hubpages to do.
What I will tell you from my 16 months of intense hubbing experiences is, this thing takes true dedication, and a true devotion to communicating your efforts here on hubpages, if any sort of success is to be attained here at all, unless you get lucky and hit the SEO jackpot.
Statistically your hubscore will float all around, and at times it may drive you nuts trying to figure it all out. You will find hubs written about how to do this, and how to do that, but one things for certain, there isn't one direct way to get to the top of hubpages, because there are many.
I believe that time is the only teacher of such things, as well as a bit of trial and error, and for every writer starting here on hubpages. It's a totally different experience overall for each and every person who joins Hubpages, mainly due to the undeniable fact that we all come from entirely different backgrounds, geographic locations, and from different time periods of our life experiences on earth.
Many of us hubbers are also armed with entirely different skill sets to offer from our real life career's on the ground, or have differing job related work experiences as well, if any. Most of all, our web experiences overall and knowledge of its application, web page optimization (SEO), or usage really does come into play as well. Your overall knowledge of online tooling, image tooling, and video tooling makes a huge difference for most hubbers too.
On the way up to that cool number that keeps bouncing around
Don't get them confused
If you go to the Hubpages learning center, you will find the true definition for this ultimate key and dominant factor of measuring a hubbers performance ratings. The hubber score is not only a statistical tool of sorts, its also something of a measure of a single hubbers success when it comes to the hubpages community here.
I look at things this way on hubpages, and in terms of a hubber's score; when all the hub love pores in to a persons account, leaving trails of messages all over their my account section, well this is an indication to the system here that you have been doing something right.
How does it work? or doesn't?
There are many differing factors that affect a persons overall hubber score, and many of them include the improper usage of hubpages community area's for all communications purposes. If you wanna lower your score pretty much, then do these things below. (Not wise though)
The Drum Roll Please:
- Randomly commenting on peoples hubs without reading them.
- Trying to spam any location here on hubpages is a violation.
- Getting flagged for writing overly promotional content repeatedly.
- Abuse the forums section, by posting links to your hubs.
- Continuously following hubbers aimlessly without caring to communicate efforts in any other way.
- Answering or asking loads of aimless questions in the Q&A areas.
- Publishing of copy-written digital content into your hubs.
- Using the message area here to email contact people for spam purposes.
- Getting constant hub violations for writing substandard hubs.
- Writing poems in area's not sectioned off for poetry, or the subject of poetry.
- Writing irrelevant content to that of your subject matter, or submitting content improperly titled purposely for self promotional means, in the wrong hub categories, or not befitting of a good hubbers conduct or practice.
- Having more low ranking hubs then anything in terms of hub scores, not to be confused with hubber scores.
- Publishing hubs super quick to try to game the system with loads of numbers in a single day, very low in quality.
- Each time you publish a hub realize that the hubscore will drop slightly, to make room for new hub stats, since the new hub has a low score starting out, and things will only settle in terms of the score after that hub achieves lift off in views, if it indeed does.
Hubbing issues poll
Do you ever have trouble getting things going in your hubs, in terms of views, receiving comments, or trouble with understanding what effective hub writing is?See results without voting
More useful tips-
- When creating questions here on hubpages, try to inspire the writing of a hub with them.
- When answering questions generate entire hubs in union with the question.
- Try to arrange your hubs with all the attractiveness a website supplies, images, videos, polls, relevant ads from Amazon, and Ebay.
- Create hub recipes & even try to learn to create hubpages videos, they both help increase your stats on hubpages big time.
- Utilize at least 3 text capsules, and multiple misc capsules in your hubs where applicable.
- Utilize the forums on hubpages in the order of the rules there, and don't create havoc or try to spam users or anything else wrongly, communicate effectively there.
Now that you know what lowers a hubber score, here's a few useful tips to increase it
A Hubber score is something very interesting to write about, because it pertains to your overall activities on hubpages.
It's the sum and average of every single thing you choose to do here, as well as not do. With that being said below is a few tips to get things going for new and old hubbers looking to boost things up in the correct ways of doing it.
- Create relevant links to your hubs contents using the links capsule for fellow hubbers and your hubs (Increases hubkarma & hubber score).
- Use the referral tracker when sending hub links out outbound for social sharing (On places like Facebook, Google+ etc...) share hubs with social networks, to friends, family members, etc... but share sparingly
- I limit my social shares to 5 per day tops directly to my Facebook timeline, no duplicate posts neither, 1-3 post per FB group per day tops, but share other folks hubs too.
- Keep in mind Pinterest isn't a good location to share the referral tracker, and may lead to your account having issues there, if you've joined it already.
- Comment on hubs, but make sure you read the hub or your comment will be in-genuine.
- Communicate to your fellow hubbers on and off of hubpages, establish friendships.
- Participate in hubpages contests and challenges, which scores you differently at times due to your hubs receiving more communications during those periods, when many hubbers are helping each other during its high tides of viewing and judging as well.
Did you know that hubpages has a system in place to actually detect everything we do on the network here, thoughts to ponder on.
Have you learned something from this hub, that you haven't learned yet?See results without voting
More by this Author
Content writers have suffered a great deal on the Internet in terms of web traffic, and lately people are losing huge, but hope lies in your efforts alone, and your knowledge on how to fight back! read more...
This hub goes into detail as to how a single hub gained 5000 views in its first three months of launching onto hubpages, which is a grand achievement in itself.
Rap lyrics have always been controversial, here's a great perspective view on it all.