Five Things I Do After Publishing a Hub
Five Easy Steps to Backlinks and Search Engine Indexing
Getting your hubs indexed by search engines and acquiring backlinks doesn't have to be painful grueling work. I find it easier to create backlinks immediately after publishing a hub because the keyword(s) I'm targeting are fresh in my mind. To make everything simple, I like to create methods that are quick and provide results. That way, I just rinse and repeat the process for every hub, Squidoo lens or blog post. There are times that mmore link building is necessary because of the competitiveness of the keyword(s). In those instances, I use more social bookmarking sites, adsense revenue sharing sites and blogs. I have provided the details for those other methods on the hubs: How to Create Backlinks and Social Bookmarking Strategy to Get Targeted Traffic.
So, let's get started!
As soon as publish a hub, I complete the following five steps:
- Link my new hub to older hubs that share the same content. If I don't have similar content, I try to publish two hubs in the same category and link them together. This helps the search engines index your hubs in a shorter amount of time.
- I bookmark my hub on Redgage. This gives you a backlink and can get you some quick views.
- I post my hub on the wahm.com forum to a thread dedicated to HubPages. Another quick backlink and some possible views and/or votes from fellow hubbers. There are times I can't post my hub because my hub is the last post on the thread and you can't make consecutive posts. When that happens I skip the step and try to go back to post it at a later date.
- I post my hub on ping.fm. By doing this, I send my hub link out to friendfeed, twitter, and a dozen other social media networks from one location. This saves time and gets you multiple backlinks with one action.
- I add my hub to Facebook group called HubPages Writer's Community. This site has a nice community of hubbers that are active on the site. Many of them have visited my hubs, given me some votes and left feedback. Oh and you get a backlink!
If you are participating in a 30 day challenge or a hubmob topic, you can also post a link in the HubPages forum in the appropriate thread. These little quick steps increase your visits in a short amount of time.
That's it. Wasn't that easy and painless? Now go take the same steps and watch your results improve. I hope you enjoyed this hub. Please, take the time to share this with your followers by email, Facebook, Twitter, pinterest or your favorite social media network. Thanks in advance!
- HubPages Ad Program: Getting My First Payment May 2012
- Amazon Affiliate Program: How I Made 93 Sales in One Day
On April 18, 2012 I had 93 sales in one day. Discover a few important things you should consider when you are creating Amazon sites, hubs or lenses.
- 30 Hubs in 30 Days Challenge: My Strategy to Increase Earnings
I am taking the 30 Hub / 30 Day Hub Challenge. This hub shares my goals and strategies for the challenge. Subscribe to follow my progress.
More by this Author
Clickbank is a marketplace for digital informational products and software. It is one of the most popular methods that internet marketers use to make money online. There are gurus that claim Clickbank has helped them...
As a mother to 7 kids, I've attended more birthday parties than the average mom. The following ten suggestions for kid's birthday parties in Middletown NY are personal recommendations. I have to admit, I don't like to...