How AdSense Detect Fake Click
Anyway, in this article i am going to talk about Invalid click. It is one of a common issue for publishers. Many bloggers face the problem of Invalid/Fake clicks on the Advertisements which can get their Accounts banned or suspended.
Google uses various filters to identify if a click is valid or not.
- Address Checking
- Internet Cookies
- Click-Through-Rate etc
When a click is made, it goes into further analysis through the invalid clicks filter and if Google finds that the click is:
- Click fraud (e.g. Click bombing or bot click)
- Invalid Clicks (accidental clicks or mechanically generated traffic)
According to the last paragraph of the link:
The vast majority of all invalid clicks on AdWords ads are caught by our online filters. These filters are constantly being updated and react to a wide variety of traffic patterns and indications of click fraud attacks. On average, invalid clicks account for less than 10% of all clicks on AdWords ads. At our current revenue run rate, the aggregate value of the clicks that we've identified as suspicious or invalid and excluded from what we've charged advertisers is in the hundreds of millions of dollars.
- You can bet that you'll see > 10% invalid click anytime
- Once the filter identifies that the click is not valid, Google does not charge the advertiser (they are more friendly to advertisers, then to publisher, then to clickers)
- Since the ad is not charged, the publisher also doesn't get the due amount for the click.
- How to Block AdSense Being Shown In Specific Countries
One of my friend got the problem, when one of his idiot friend constantly clicking to his ads to getting him banned or see what happens next.
Courtesy: Asif Anwar Pathik
No comments yet.