How I rate on Hubpages through Google Analytics
That's what Google Analytics, one of HubPages affiliates, will offer once you linger on it and see at the same time learn how you rate at this virtual writing site.
I used to ignore the reports being presented by Google Analytics, being eager to see my passive income every month at Google AdSense.
I was wrong. After a year of hubbing (since September, 2009), I realized that I need to know the people who's reading or visiting my hubs, what country is the number one user of HubPages and the hot hubs they visited on my site.
Better yet, I am able to plan a set hubs for the month in order to cater for those who are less interested on my hubs. I want to capture their interests and be part of this fast-growing community of writers.
Rating is the name of the game
Monitor Your Hubs
What to expect on Google Analytics
I am personally commending what Google Analytics did for hubbers in order to truly monitor, understand and plan the next move for a more wonderful, fruitful and interesting way of hubbing.
We all know our most fierce competitor is only ourselves. It's up for us to really thrive at the top, along with Hubpages Elite and HubNuggets. I am sure, HP staff wants all hubbers to reach the pinnacle of our own 'Mt. Everest'.
Just remember not to overlook the following for a more sensible hubbing in the next days. At the dashboard of your own Goggle Analytics, you'll find:
- Site Usage - It includes: visits, pageviews, pages/visit, bounce rate, average time on site and new visitors. (For example: For the period of Oct. 8,2010-Nov. 7, 2010...i had 9, 979 visits; 16, 815 pageviews; 1.69 pages/visit; 80.79 % bounce rate; 00:1:12 ave. time on site and new visitors of 64.60 %). I'm just an average hubber. I am targeting to be at the top next month or maybe next next month.
- Visitors Overview - It is a line graphic statistics about your visitors view.
- Map Overlay - This is very interesting because it provides the exact number of persons, reader and hubbers alike, who viewed, commented or rated on my hubs. So far, this is the Top Ten Visitors on my HubPages account: (1. Philippines -3,342; 2. USA - 2, 624; 3. India - 604; 4. Canada - 438; 5. UK - 378; 6. Australia - 253; 7. Malaysia - 166; 8. United Arab Emirates - 138; 9. Saudi Arabia - 134; and 10. Singapore - 125). You can see that the country with most readers have a deep green color and the least, pale yellow. I appreciate that internet is now servicing even the remotest country in African continent. I can also see some curious readers out there. My former colleague in Jpan, said he's reading my hubs but not leaving comments, though. (He's lazy, hehehe!). As of now, 146 countries/territories have visited my HP site.
- Traffic Sources Overview - reveals how I fare at Search Engines (like Google Search or Yahoo), Referring Sites, Direct Traffic on HubPages and other sites as in links at blog sites.
- Content Overview - also exposes my 5 most visited hubs, its pageviews and percentage.
Not only that! You can also view Intelligence Daily Alerts on your site. There are lots of interest for you to discover.
Know your ups and downs
Connecting with the readers
With my little 'discovery' on Google Analytics, I am able to track down my readers, their numbers, their favorite hubs at my site.
Although, many of them are too busy to make comments, I'm still grateful that they visited my site in HubPages.
My highschool classmate who's working in Kazakhstan also read my hub reagarding the cuisine of the country. I was happy to hear that he perused it, although not leaving any comment. He just informed me through Facebook.
My former radio colleague who's in Japan right now also told me that he's lazy to make comments ("Is it necessary?" he quipped.). But, he's reading my hubs (especially about those sexy ladies, err beauty titlists I've featured, hehe!).
Most intra-net or off-line users can still make comments at HubPages articles. (It is indicated by the black account name, although, I cannot connect with them.)
Trending topics are mostly revealed by the number of visitors at my site. I mean, they read or even just open the 'hot topics' that I've written by showing it on the number of visitors/readers who visited my page.
Google Analytics Interface Tutorial c/o Goggle
More by this Author
It's a scary society. Effects of moral decay are everywhere.How can we live in a society that more than half of the population are committing immoral acts? Find out what are these I'm talking about.
Some of early users of this coffee-saving tip gained an ample reduction in their electrical consumption. This is good news to the skyrocketing prices of electricity in the Philippines.
Aside from raising your own children, or just starting a family, why not indulge yourself into another interesting hobby: raising herds of ducks in your own home at your backyard? This will be suitable for you while...