How To Hire Hubpage Writers To Write For You
If you are a business looking for article writers, then one option you shouldn't overlook is hiring exisitng good writers to write articles for you - and one high profile website with plenty of good, clear, writers is Hubpages. So, how do you hire Hubpage writers to write for you?
Well - the obvious thing is that you can simply ask them!
Many of the top and most prolific writers on Hubpages are professional writers, copy-writers, English graduates, or keen to break into the industry but unsure of how.
So, the simplest way to ask a Hubpages writer to write a piece for you is to contact them and ask. And the simplest way to do that is to leave a message in the Comments section at the bottom as you don't even have to be a member to do that!
A savvy Hubpages writer will:
- Be monitoring comments and reading them daily or weekly.
- Have their settings so that they choose whether a comment is published or not (we have the ability to not publish spam comments).
- Consider any offers made.
If you are attracted to the writing style of any individual writer, then that writer is likely to have the right "voice" for your business too.
It's a no brainer.
What Can Hubpages Writers Write For You?
The full range of writing options are available to you, but some key ideas might be.
- You might have something already written that you simply want published on a high profile site - bear in mind that Hubpages content and articles must be unique, so you can't simply pass a Hubpages writer your standard press release and get them to publish it as it'd be picked up as duplicate content.
- You might have some keywords you want a Hubpages writer to write around, simply pass them the keywords and let them have free rein over the content. Once published it's easy for them to tweak/amend anything you don't agree with or that needs correcting.
- You might have an outline article that you can pass to your chosen writer - giving them the free rein and ability to reword it in their own voice and style.
Invite a Local Hubpages Writer to Visit Your Business
If you've identified a local Hubpages writer that you want to do some writing for you, then another option would be to get them to visit your premises to take photographs, or to document processes to write about.
e.g. if you are a crafts person who runs day-long workshops, you could invite a local Hubpages writer to attend the workshop, to create a simple tutorial from the class activity and to take the supporting photos.
Think outside the box!
The rate you pay for this would be a little more as they're having to commit to several hours on site as well as the writing time and photo post-processing time. It is a model that can work well for many businesses. It's even worthwhile paying an author to attend a workshop and to create a tutorial on your behalf, that's for resale - with the writer then writing an article about the workshop, including a few generic photos and directing website traffic to where people can book onto a similar workshop or buy the tutorial.
Offer Unique Images
If you can provide the writer with original images, or permission to lift any images from your existing website, then that will make the article more visually appealing - so it's worth your time to dig out any photos you have.
While writers might be able to source generic images on your behalf, this does take some time for some subjects, so can make the writing job harder and take longer, so you might get quoted a higher price than you might have been quoted if you'd supplied images.
How Much to Pay
How much you pay a writer is quite fluid, however, offer peanuts and you get monkeys.
The rate you should pay will vary, depending on the subject matter, how much of the article you provide and other variables such as image acquisition.
The UK National Union of Journalists (NUJ) publish a fees guide to give you a clue, This suggests a rate of £275/1000 words (US$400) is the correct rate to pay a good writer. Many people who hire online writers have much lower expectations or budgets, but you should bear in mind the rates that online writers could be charging elsewhere. The rate for writing/day is set at £160/day (US$240), with a hubpage article taking 2-3 hours to write, which would put a rate of £50/article (US$75) as not being too offensive to the writer.
Additionally, the Society for Editors and Proofreaders, have a fees guide showing rates in excess of £20/US$30 per hour for copy-editing, proofreading and re-writing.
Many link building agencies are offering rates of pay typically US$50 to write an 800 word article, based around keywords the agency provide, with two links back to their client sites.
Official Rates for Writers, Journals and Editors:
Writing: 1000 words
per 1000 words
Resarching and compiling a database
Substantial editing, rewriting, development editing per hour
Paying for a Link in an Existing Article
If you've seen an article on Hubpages and want to have your website link placed in it - this is something you can negotiate with the Hubpages writer too. A Hubpages writer can insert two links to a website into any article, if they've written a good article that you think can drive traffic to your website, then contact the author and make them an offer - they will know how many visitors their page has had because Hubpages provides each author with basic stats for every article. Those with Google Analtyics would be able to provide more detailed stats.
You can even ask the author to swap out their existing images with your own images if you wish, crediting you with the image as another subtle marketing move.
Two links in an existing article could cost $10-50.
Link cost/success should be viewed as part of a long-term strategy. You can judge the success of those links after 1-3 years, rather than on a weekly basis.
Make an author an offer - they can either say yes or no!
You might like to consider a Hubpages writer to write posts on your own blog, or to produce articles for other sites for you.
Hubpages makes it easy for you to find writers that are for hire - but that doesn't mean you're limited to having them write on Hubpages.
All Hubpages writers are independent, freelance, writers. You deal directly with them, individually. Hubpages doesn't hire out its writers, nor does it get involved in projects off-site at all. Simply contact your writer direct, agree a fee, pay them direct.
- Signup For HubPages
Create your own username and account on Hubpages to promote your business. Register your own brand name as your sub-domain.
Own the Username and Hire Ghostwriters
If you're more of a control freak, or simply want to protect your brand, you can start your own account on Hubpages and either give the writer the login details, or get them to provide their article to you and you can log in and create the layout/modules and copy/paste the articles into your own account.
This is fine if that's what you want to do - it's perfectly valid.
However, a few things you should bear in mind to compare this with using a Hubpages' writer's regular account:
Using the Hubpage Author's Existing Account
The benefits of simply asking a Hubpages writer to write articles on their own account include:
- Existing Hubpages authors have already taken time to learn and improve the way they layout and write their articles. They know and follow the rules, so articles aren't spammy or unpublished.
- You've ended up on the writer's page - so they must be doing something right - and they can do that magical "something right" for your business.
- Hubpages authors are active in the community, bringing more visibility to their work.
- Hubpages authors are more motivated to posting a link to your article on other sites/forums if it's part of their portfolio.
- Hubpages authors get an "author score", which is a lot of work for a new member to build up. An author score of over 75 is required for links to websites to become "dofollow", some authors attain an author score of 100 on a regular basis - it takes months of activity to achieve this and tends to indicate an author is prolific within the community.
- Hubpages authors gain followers, which gives greater exposure to their writing - this is a lot of work for a new member to build up.
So it's your choice. You might even decide to join Hubpages and write your own content for now, adding in the occasional extra article or link by specific authors you've discovered on the site.
Do You Use Writers?
Do you use paid and freelance writers as part of your marketing mix?See results without voting
More by this Author
Reheating cooked chicken meat is not dangerous, but you do need to know how to do it safely. Find out how to safely reheat leftover cooked chicken so it turns out perfectly every time.
Want to know how to increase your author score to 100 on hubpages? Discover the simple way to increase your author score to 100 - and realise it's not as important as you first thought....
Do you ever ask yourself, "Why is my house so damp?" Every house can suffer from moisture problems for many reasons, but here are some things that will work to get rid of damp once and for all.