How not to make money at Hubpages
It seems as if I've been here at HubPages for a year now. Not too shabby that I've made it this far and I can still come up with the occasional hub. As I've not earned very much over this past year I thought I'd give you a list of things that you can do to be sure you do not earn any money at HubPages. This is not a comprehensive list, however, if you do even just a few of these things, I am more than certain that you will succeed in not earning very much money at all.
- Do not create a Google Adsense account. Having one of these gives you some potential income that likely you do not want, considering you are reading this hub. I have a Google Adsense account, but fortunately for me, I don't get any revenue from it.
- Create hubs about topics that concern practically no one. I believe I have cornered this market in writing inane hubs, however, it is quite possible that you can come up with some hub ideas that have no marketing value whatsoever. Just off the top of my head I can come up with a few ideas: "How I Walk", "My Favourite Colour of Sock", "In Praise of Dandelions" and so on
- Do not tell anyone that you are hubbing. This is a sure way to generate extremely little traffic. You may occasionally get the odd hub hopper, but apart from that your traffic will be abysmal. I would especially recommend here that you do not mention your hubs on FB or twitter. If you have a blog with a constant readership of three people or less, feel free to mention one out of every thirteen hubs you post on your blog. I think that amount of traffic will be tolerable in terms of low to no income generation.
- Have an inordinate amount of spelling errors in your hub that are not spelling errors. This will be sure to turn some readers off. Four example, they're are two many mistakes too mention, and so there pet dog eight to of them.
- Post only one hub every three or five months. If you post more frequently than that, you may develop a following of people keen to read your hubs.
- Read the hubs of other people only when there is a full moon. You'll leave more succinct comments on those days and it will prohibit you from commenting on so regular an interval that people will come to expect it.
With these tips I should hope that you find success in not earning any money with Hub Pages. Please feel free to participate in the poll I've prepared below, or don't if you feel there is a risk that doing so would cause you to earn some money.
How do you feel about earning money at hubpages?See results without voting
More by this Author
Writing nonsense unlike the parenthetically disinclined author whose left foot is slightly greener than her elbow.
What are the benefits of teaching children how to play Chess.
Advice on how to make use of Montreal's public transit system using the Opus card.