Useful tips -Hubpages profile widget
Here's where you locate the Tool
The hubpages Widget
What is a web widget for starters?
- A profile "widget" is a fancy name for a cool way to embed a web page presentation, image or text or both, that will lead users back to a particular web location of a specific origin.
Whats the purpose of a widget?
- A widget makes it easy for website owners / blog owners to display external sources of web based information or content, by using a preset embed code without prior knowledge of such web design codes.
How does a Widget get utilized?
- This is done simply by using the text feature of your desktop copy/paste techniques or by using your mouse right click function after highlighting the field of interest.
Whats an embed code?
- Embed codes are cool developer codes (html codes), that have been written out for you, to make it easier for website owners to share useful content onto their very own website or blog from any external source also known as third party web locations.
Here's how the hubpages profile widget looks and after clicking the link to it from any hubpages profile above the accolades
How do I add a hub profile widget to my site or blog
Follow these Basic Steps below:
These steps below only apply to website or blog owners or those who have administrative rights to such as web developers to edit or change websites, & if you're not one as stated here, than these steps won't get you to far at all.
(You cannot add a widget to your Facebook profile, or many other social networking profiles, find out prior to attempting such from the network developers section of such web locations.)
A closer look at how the Profile widget looks
- You need to have access to your website or blogs control panel, graphics editor, digital control platform, or lines of html code (for web developers).
- Locate a place to put the widget, prior to making any changes to your site.
- Go to the hubpages profile your wanting to utilize on your site or blog.
- Hit the link on the hubpages profile, that you would like to use the profile widget from.
- If your having trouble locating the link go to your profile and look above the accolades.
- After hitting the Widget profile link, you should be in the hubpages page for the widget.
- Look for the embed code, make sure to copy the code to your desktops clipboard.
- Copying the embed code can be done with your mouse over the highlighted area, using the right click, copy option, or by holding the control-C buttons on your keyboard.
- Copy & paste into your area you've already set for the widget on your site.
- Make sure to publish any changes on your blog or site & you should be good.
Test your site for effective embedding by opening up a new web browser tab or page to it, to check & see if the changes of the profile widget embed code worked properly on your website or blog area you've placed it in.
Having trouble finding the widget link? Look above the Accolades
The benefits of adding the widget to a website or blog
Well its pretty obvious that everyone on hubpages in someway or another is here to get people to view their hubs, the main purpose for hub writing is to get the word out, since this is the web.
With that said the benefits of placing a profile widget onto a personal website or blog is also obvious. It's meant to demonstrate to those who may be trafficking your blogs or websites, you've already worked so hard to maintain and develop, that you also own an even more reputable resource on the web & since Hubpages is well known and popular today its sure to improve your chances of your hubs becoming even more popular as well.
People may find such a resource as your hub profile to be a verifiable way to prove to themselves, that whatever juicy content on your site location is preaching, is actually worth every bit of what its putting out to the viewers of such.
Since the web is such a vast place to communicate any efforts to others in general, its also very difficult to get the word out, and so we as writers, web developers or blog owners all need as many sources of tooling to provide such info to others, and in every way possible. I've written other hubs on helping more people, get to see the light behind this digital tunnel of sharing web based info. Just by knowing a tad bit more, of the overall functions of a network will carry you a long way.
We all need to just get much more familiar with the tools we have at our disposal, because it can make a world of difference. Especially once a person learns to grasp all the tools they have been given to make such an effort possible. You truly never know how far it all can take you, and that goes for both new comers as well as the old on hubpages as well as beyond.
Other great hubs that can help hub authors get the word out.
Why should I join hubpages
Hubpages is a powerful writers network that helps writers worldwide in their efforts to get their message across, its similar to a blogging platform, but its far better.
Hubpages has a professional dedicated community of awesome writers, who dedicate their time to communicating with each other, the staff here is also the best in helping the community, there's loads of forums, Q&A areas for feedback, and Hubpages is out right fun to interact with real people & utilize daily. The tools for placing all web content into action is user friendly and there's loads of help to get you on the way by the Hubpages Elite members & more.
I highly recommend all writers worldwide to give hubpages a try, Join us and earn a passive income over time using Google Adsense, Amazon, and Ebay ad marketing & page impressions programs, as well as meet some truly awesome individuals collectively in its hub writers networking community of over 200,000+ Authors.
To become truly successful here, you simply have to write well thought out articles that people enjoy reading, and learn how to communicate effectively with others, self promotions can be done via your online profile here, and isn't really recommended much on your hubs. Be wise and join today!
More by this Author
This article is about one single hub that topped all hubs I've had the pleasure to write since being a hubpages author, when it comes to web traffic views, hubscore, and overall popularity after being launched onto the...
Just achieved 100,000 hubpages views, thanks to all those who dared to follow me, to read and share any of my articles here. This article is for us all, and hopefully new comers can learn a great deal from it as well.
How to improve your hubs traffic in some truly simple yet informative steps, showcasing how SEO works for us hubbers, and the usage of keywords, great titling, and other useful tips.