How to Get Visitors to Read Old Blog Posts and HubPages
How Receive Hits to Your Blog and Site
How to Visitors to Read Old Blog Posts and HubPages
When posting a new blog post or HubPage most of us submit our links to Twitter, Digg, Stumbleupon, search engines and other media outlets.
After that sometimes a post lives out a life of it's own and becomes lifeless and unread. After all the work a person puts into a blog post or HubPage article how do you get visitors to view old posts and continue to in the future? How do you avoid having old content that no one ever reads? Here are a few ideas.
For HubPages there are many ways of making posts interesting and getting return visits.
- Refresh and update your Hubs from time to time. Some Hubs may get out of date and need some revisions and changes made to them.
- Post a blog or article linking to your existing Hub and letting other know about it.
- Re-Tweet your Hub with some additional information or questions
- Submit your Hub to Google Ping, search engines and other places
- Post your Hub link in forums when answering questions related to the hub.
- Add your Hub link to Newsletters
- Send your Hub links to friends and share with other Hubbers
- Create a best of list and post it on Web site such as Best-reviewer.com and other sites.
How to Get Visitors to Read Old Blog Posts
After watching a video at Problogger.net there were many helpful ideas and information on receiving traffic to old blog posts.
- Post a best of section on your blogs that links to other blog posts and lets readers know about great content articles on your site.
- Place a suggested or related reading list at the end of a blog post and link to other articles, Hubs or blog posts you have written
- Create a new post out of an old post by updating the post, rewriting some content, adding new ideas and posting it as a new blog article.
- Create a top 5 blog posts of the month, year, etc. or create a must read or best articles list on your site.
- Make a tab, side bar or navigation link on your front page of your site and link it to articles, blog posts, HubPages, etc. Letting others know where to read about other things you have written.
- Make a Hot list and create a new blog post or a link on your front page to these posts or articles.
- Write a Newsletter and provide suggested reading ideas on old blog posts. (Recommended reading, related reading, etc.)
- Optimize your posts for keywords that may already be driving traffic to your site
- Freshen up old content by removing signs that it is ageing.
- Make old post titles more functional
- Rewrite Old articles and add a new twist to them.
- Post articles to EZaritcles, Hubpages, Squidoo, etc and link them to your blog posts for further reading and information
- Don't forget to create backlinks to articles, and retweet them once in a while
Introduce new readers to your blog by making existing articles and guides available to them.
Learn about SEO, Choosing great content, building quality links and more...Read More...
How to Receive More Traffic to a Blog
It takes time to get visitors to read a blog. Creating a niche or blog about something that people follow will create more traffic to a blog or Web site.
Write about things you enjoy or create a fun topic that is marketable. Writing reviews can be fun for you but they have to have something to offer like advice, what to look for and where to buy and item.
Most people like to read articles and posts about "How to, Where to, Why," etc. Entertainment articles can be popular if written correctly. Not all blogs will attract readers. Research popular blogs and find out what they did to corner the market. Introduce your blog to new readers and ask them what they are looking for.
It takes time and patience to attract readers to blogs and HubPages. If something is not working after writing for a while try and change directions and look for another niche.
If you have a good idea and want to share it with the world a blog is a great way to represent ideas, information or write about a subject you are knowledgeable in and enjoy.
There are many subject ideas for starting a new blog here are a few suggestions:
- Blog about Writing sites and how to earn money on them
- Blog about Affiliate marketing
- Medical and Health Blog
- Craft Blogs
- Eco-Friendly Blog ideas
- Jewelry Blogs
- Fashion Blogs
- Entertainment and Media Blog
- Political blogs
- Photography blog
- Scrapbooking blogs
- Cooking Blogs
- Pet Lover Blogs
- Garden Blogs
- Hobbies and Home Improvement Blogs