How to Improve Poetry Hubs
How to Improve Your Poetry Hub
If you love to write poetry and want to share it with others online, there are many sites you can post your written poems on. HubPages is one of those sites.
Creating a poetry hub is easy and publishing it is a breeze but if your poem is very short you may have a problem. HubPages most likely will give you a warning that your hub may be at risk of being identified as Substandard and you might not be able to publish it at all. And even if you won't get that message and HubPages will let you publish the hub it won't even hit the 700 words mark, which is the lowest one available in the Need Some Goals? box on the upper right side of the page when you create your hub.
The more words your hub has the better it is for both you and the hub. Of course don't just write anything to fill up the hub and get a higher word count. Write something of substance that relates to the poem that you are sharing with the world. Even if your poem is a long one and may manage to hit the 700 mark add more valuable content to the hub anyway. This way the hub will be more meaningful, more insightful, and will be ranked better by Google.
Suggestions on Improving Poetry Hubs
While quantity doesn't necessarily mean quality including more in your poetry hubs will benefit you by making the hub more insightful and interesting.
Here are some suggestions to the types of content that you can add to your poetry hubs that will help you improve them, ensure that HubPages will allow you to publish them, and that they will be more insightful as well.
- Discuss what inspired you to write this poem.
- Give a short summary of what the poem is about.
- If the poem is written about a certain topic/issue that is of great importance, like eating disorders for example, write a few paragraphs talking about the topic/issue before you go ahead and share your poem or poems related to it.
- Talk about what this poem means to you.
- Mention where you wrote this poem and how it came about.
- Discuss if there are any sequels to this poem that you plan to write or if this poem inspired the creation of other poems, songs, or stories.
- Describe how you felt while writing this poem and how you felt after it was done.
- Explain how writing this poem has helped you if that applies to you.
- Would you ever consider publishing this poem? Was it ever published anywhere like an anthology or a magazine?
- Has this poem helped, in any way, anyone who's read it? Has writing the poem help you in any way?
- Did you have to edit the poem in any way or did the poem come to you exactly as it is written in the hub?
- If you had to edit the poem, what was the editing process like? How did you go about modifying what you have written?
- Did you face road blocks when writing this poem and if so what were they and how did you go around them?
You can always add some more poems to your poetry hubs. But if you do, make sure that they are related to each other in some way. This way your poetry hubs will be more specific.
Also, try to add at least one image to your poetry hubs but when you do that make sure that the image fits with the content of your hubs. The image doesn't have to be highly professional. It just has to complement the hub content.
If you have made a YouTube video for your poem be sure to include the link to it in your hub. You can use the YouTube capsule, which will embed the video right into your hub. If you don't have a video made for your poem it may be a good idea to create one and include it in your hub. This will make your hub more engaging. Make sure that the video of your poem has accompanying music as others will find it more enjoyable.
If there is a song that goes well with the poem you can include a YouTube video of it as well. Besides this you can include links in your hub to other hubs (written by you and others) that talk about different poetry styles. Including a poll in your hub asking people what their favorite poetic style or genre is, or some other relevant poetry question is also great. If you've written and published any poetry books you can share them as well by providing a link to your books on Amazon.
I hope that you will find these tips useful and that they will help you improve your poetry hubs.
Some poetry related hubs...
- Bringing Poetry to Life with Poetry on Images
Bring poetry to life and make it stand out by creating poetry on images. It's a fun creative project that will make your poetic creations that much more memorable and effective...
- Writing and Publishing Poetry Books
There are two ways to write a poetry book: gather your written poetry into a book or come up with a concept for a book and write new poetry for it. To publish it self-publishing is the best way to go!
- Tips on Formatting Poetry Books
Useful tips on formatting poetry books and getting those manuscripts ready for publishing...
- Difference Between Freestyle, Free Verse, Traditional Poetry
There are many different forms and styles of poetry you can write - free verse, freestyle, traditional, acrostic, limerick, narrative, etc. Learn about them here...
© 2012 Lena Kovadlo
More by this Author
Tips on how to increase your hub count and your hub traffic
Useful tips on writing and improving hubs that may help you become a more successful hubber...
Here is a list of useful Microsoft Word shortcuts that will save you valuable time and are easy to use. Save this list for future reference. It will come in handy.