Update Your Old or Idle Hubs
Tools to Upgrade Your Writing
How to Create Fresh Content
There are many hubs on this web site that were written several years ago. When was the last time you looked at one of your old hubs? Is the topic still relevant? Has it been marked on your account as an 'idle hub'? Could it use photographs, some links, or an Amazon book list?
I took some time one day to read over my articles. I discovered that for the most part, they were decent. But, I wanted them to shine and find an audience. Also, since writing those older hubs, my writing skills had improved. I wanted those improvements to be reflected in all of my hubs.
If you wrote a hub a few years ago, but it now appears outdated, make it an Evergreen. Evergreen content is an article that doesn’t age over time. It is as relevant today as it was two or even four years ago. Take a look and see if it can be changed into an updated, fresh article.
Other ways you can review your old hubs are:
- Look at your hubs with the lowest scores. Why do you think they are rated so low? What is missing? Can you improve the writing in those articles?
- Research the subject again. Have there been changes or updates to the content you wrote?
- Remove all copy written photographs and replace with free stock photos at www.shutterstock.com, www.freedigitalphotos.net or www.Wikimedia.com;
- Add a phrase or a few words of wisdom under the picture captions to emphasize your points;
- Could the hub use a video?
- Add links on your older articles to other hub articles on this website;
- Are your tags relevant to the article?
- Are all of your articles put into Hub Groups? Are there still some hubs lingering in your Orphan section of Groups? A Group is another way of saying Categories. It is helpful because you will be able to find all of your articles by category. It is much easier than doing an Excel spreadsheet;
- Add capsules that may not have been available when you first wrote the hub;
- Add a follow up evergreen article;
- Look at your hub summary. It's usually the first item seen of your hub. Does it grab the reader's attention, or is it just adequate?
- Are there typos you didn't see before? I found one in this article even after reading it several times;
- Are there Google Keywords you can add to bring more traffic to your hubs?
- Go to the HubPage Learning Center and see what else can be done to improve your articles. TheLearningCenter can help you understand and implement those phrases and content ideas mentioned here. You can also learn about ways to increase followers and make more money
We can always improve our articles. Something you wrote a year ago may look childish to you now. You have grown creatively since your initial writings. All of your hubs should reflect that growth. Look at your older hubs with a fresh eye. You may reclaim some followers who like your recent work, and have not yet read your earlier ones.
Other Articles by Carolyn2008
- Hold the Bus Seats for the Elderly and Disabled
Chivalry and common courtesy may be dead on public transportation these days, but the elderly and handicapped still deserve respect on a bus or train. They are entitled to consideration and priority when there are empty seats. Especially when those s
- My Life Choices
Resolutions have repurcussions that sometimes result in frustration and guilt. Life choices are a way of life. These are my assessments of how I want to live my life with purpose, free of fear and full of laughter, fun, and acceptance. How do you cho
- What I Learned from Hub Camp
Hub Camp executives provide information on the best ways to improve hub ratings. It also allows the exchange of ideas from hub campers in a think tank environment. Hubbers can even get one-on-one attention. Learn about evergreen articles, the referra
More by this Author
Your responsibilities to your tenant do not end with serving them with the eviction notice. You may have to remove their belongings if they don't leave on their own. There are laws that govern what to do with your...
Think about what you are doing if you require a co-signer. You expect the person who will not actually live in the apartment to have better credentials than the proposed tenant. A co-signer is an addition to the lease....
Overpowering hot weather does not have to keep you trapped in the house. There are activities that you can do that are both fun and cool. Take advantage of these places and activities that you can enjoy during a heat...