Amazon-Philippines Shipping Guide c/o Johnny Air Cargo
Amazon and Johnny Air Cargo
UPDATE: I just wrote a much more detailed post about this over at my blog. So if you want to read that you can head on over to that post: Amazon to Philippines shipping.
Amazon-Philippines Shipping is one of the biggest problems for local (Philippines) online shoppers. Amazon is a great place to buy items that aren’t available here but one of their biggest turnoffs is their policy to not ship a lot of items out of the US.
I’ve been wanting to buy a certain pair of earphones for a while now and when I saw that they were being sold on amazon for half the local retail price I jumped the gun. I’ve never bought anything online before so I was maybe halfway through the purchase process when I found out that shipping to the Philippines was not an option.
Luckily I didn’t give up immediately and through one of the forums I frequent I learned about Johnny Air Cargo.
The company basically caters to people like myself who need items shipped between the US and the Philippines.
How did I do it?
The process is actually rather easy. I found their employees to be helpful and informative.
- I called their local branch (Makati Branch 817-0781, SM branch 631-7101) and asked them about
the service and what it involves. They actually have a couple of branches here
in the Philippines so you can either give them a call or visit one of their branches.
- I talked to the employee that they assigned this type of service to and she explained how the whole thing works. I was hooked and so I gave her my email address and she sent me the email address of an employee in their foreign branch.
- I sent their foreign branch a query email and the lady abroad replied promptly. She explained that I can either buy the item myself with my credit card and have it shipped to their foreign branch or they can buy it for me and I pay the item price here in the Philippines plus a service fee. I chose the former option.
- I bought the Item from Amazon and inputted Johnny Air’s New York Branch office address in the part where Amazon asks for the shipping address.
- It took Amazon (Amazon seller) about 6 days to have the item shipped to Johnny Air and then 5 days to ship my earphones to the Philippines
- I then picked the item up from Johnny Air’s
Makati branch and paid the shipping fee. Mine was only 900 pesos since earphones are really light. They have a standard rate per pound.
During the whole waiting period I was in constant communication with Johnny Air’s employees and they were always quick to reply to my emails.
I'm really happy that I discovered this service and I hope many others will use it too. I am not affiliated with Johnny Air in anyway. I just wanted to share my discovery to Filipinos who might find it useful.
I'm a bit of a PC and gadget freak so its nice to be able to order directly from Amazon and have them shipped here. Local retail prices are usually very high compared to how much these cost abroad even with the shipping fee that Johnny Air charges.
So far this is the only company I know that does shipping from amazon to the Philippines. If i find other alternatives that ship to the Philippines I'll let you all know.