How to ensure Quality Backlinks
What are backlinks?
For a website to be seen as an authority by a search engine a number of other websites should link back to it. This set of links leading from different websites to a specific one are called the backlinks for the specific website.
Very often for purposes of search engine optimization we use keywords terms that are commonly searched for in search engines and those which are related to our website as the anchor text for the back links. Anchor text is essentially the text to which the hyperlink to the website is added.
The keyword terms that you use as anchor text for a weight loss site could be terms like weightloss, weight loss, fat loss, lose fat, lose weight, etc. These are actual terms that people can type into the search engines like google, bing or yahoo. Many tools are available online to guide your usage of keyword terms.
Why do we need backlinks?
Back links help you generate organic traffic from search engines. This means that you get people who are genuinely interested in what you have written reading what you have to say. This kind of niche specific traffic is very good for your rankings in the search engines as well.
Since most revenue sources depend on traffic coming to your website it makes sense to have enough good quality backlinks generated to bring in traffic to the website. For instance a hub you write about weight loss could have a good back link on a website that offers weight loss tips as well.
Such a hub could be monetized with ebay and amazon capsules that offer products related to weight loss as well. The traffic that targets the keyword term and reaches your hub is more likely to buy from the page than anyone on hubpages just browsing around.
Good Quality Backlinks Needed
Not all backlinks are made alike. Even the search engines know a good link from a bad one, so it is imperitive that you know what traits make a good quality back link to your hub or website. Here is a list that you can refer to.
1. Links must be from websites in the same or closely related niche.
2) No farm links, No links tagged as "No follow". This gives you no leverage in search engines.
3) No direct URL post, only hyper-linked text link counts. A direct url is not appealing to your human reader but anchor text is.
4) No reciprocal links, one-way link only. Search engines do not see reciprocal links as genuine backlinks.
5) Link page Page Rank needs to be high for the website to feature in the search engines.
6) No forum links, No blog comment links, No general directory links as they are unlikely to give you the SEO advantage for organic traffic.
7) General directory links are not acceptable - niche directories are fine.The niche directories are more likely to have potential buyers from your website.
More by this Author
Get rid of that stuffy head cold and cough using these home remedies. Simple home remedies that help you beat the flu.
Freelancing online to make money can take place in four different forms. These are outsourcing, micro tasking, cloud sourcing and revenue sharing. Here I give details of each type of work and sites on which to find open...
These 5 homemade weightloss drinks are easy to make and nutritious to boot. You don't have to empty your wallet for weight loss drinks anymore! Just follow these free recipes and sip away!