How travel_man1971 fare online through HubPages
As I anticipate my third year on HubPages...
Come September 2012, I'm going to celebrate my third year anniversary as a hubber (blogger-cum-writer-contributor) on HubPages.
There are many things to celebrate as I continue sharing what's happening in this side of the world.
One thing for sure, I found out that it's good to write hubs in the countryside because of the kind of peace I'm feeling when I'm home. Unlike in the city, there are many disturbances that can alter your concentration and yet, it is also worth sharing.
So, here I am again, trying to recollect my thoughts as I simply google or search travel_man1971 on HubPages.
Well, I am surprised to know that my moniker is becoming popular among bloggers and other sites.
Although, you can only search this hubber until ninth pages of pc.search.yahoo.com, I am convinced that his hubs and other articles are now being sorted out by other online users in order to be shared or linked at their sites.
I'm thankful that other people appreciate my effort in sharing topics that magnify relevance and inspiration in our lives.
I'm humbled by this experience.
Aside from being paid as we all earn through the 40% payout at Google AdSense, commissions from eBay and Amazon and another payout from the Ad Policy program of HubPages, it's overwhelming to be recognized as one of more productive hubbers.
A flicker of limelight was also given to me by local and national television stations here in the Philippines as their production assistants sourced out several of my topics and advocacy that were featured in their magazine shows.
The benefits grow on HubPages.
Other sites are referring us to other readers, including me. It's the effects of sharing on Facebook and tweeting on Twitter. Other social media sites are also being tapped by HubPages in order to widen our sharing sites.
Well, as long as sharers will acknowledge my copyright on the article, I will always be grateful on what I'm experiencing now regarding online writing.
(With personal opinion and writings from travel_man1971 aka Ireno A. Alcala, July 12, 2012)
How Travel Man is faring at Yahoo and Google Search
These are some of the results at Yahoo Search commending my HubPages' site, including articles and comments.
- My hub: Chiffon Cake and its Filipino Variants is featured at THETEMPLEPUB.COM. If you're going to search pinoy ube cake recipe, there are related articles that will flash on the site, including mine. The cached page will give instruction to the original write-up.
- AdChoices also showed search results on my account at HubPages via www.internetcorkboard.com and www.Answered-Questions.com.
- Yahoo! Canada Answers has a user quoting my hub on Filipino Inventions and Discoveries that Shaped the World regarding the true inventor of armalite (coined from its Filipino inventor Armando Malite, although it was patented by US military for the massive reproduction of that rifle during the war in the Pacific. Much dispute with the similar subject also referred my hub at Yahoo! UK Answers.
- ask.reference.com has my food and drinks information on my Christmas hub: Misa De Gallo: A Set of Nine Masses before Christmas Eve in the Philippines. This is the suggested topic regarding Misa de Gallo or the so-called 'rooster mass' as devout Catholics attend the 4:00 AM mass for nine consecutive mornings.
- 4Bicolanos.com curated my hub on 100 Uses of Coconut. It's a neat site dedicated to fellow Bicolanos of the Philippines.
One site almost copied my whole article but translated it in their vernacular language, not in English.
I am thankful that most of my articles are cached, that it can also be retrieved along with other similar information once I search for it or type the tagged words on a particular article.
Idle Hubs: The ZzZz Factor
As the HubPages management introduced a new application branding hubs with ZzZz for Idle Status, this hubber have to review those old hubs with titles lacking 'green element' on it.
Admit it, the redundancy of titles and narratives on many articles can be of similar innuendos, but not a duplicate one.
So, we must be thankful with what the HubPages team are doing in order for those bunch of hubs to earn monetization and be recognized by a large number of audience or chunk of viewers or readers.
I've been saving my idle hubs in order to make it lasting. One by one, I review on what factor did I fell short on each article. You, too, can make your hubs worthwhile.
It should be suited with photos, videos, linkages and ads that are suited for the hub.
We usually forget that we can't write that short in order to earn an active hub. The rating will always fall once we can't adhere with the rules and regulations being implemented on this online community writing site.
Points to ponder on
The kinds of hubs that we published will also reflect on how we do our obligation online through HubPages.
Writing is not just what we do just for the heck of it. It's not just earning money from it. The accolade we receive will fill in the thirst we want for recognition when we truly dedicate ourselves to this kind of craft.
Writing is life in itself. It's good to share information we know that will benefit others or the whole of humanity.
Travel Man on HubPages
- I am now two years old on HubPages!
Celebrating two years of hubbing on HubPages prompted me to feature a hub relating what happened to me during the period. It's a long winding road and at the end of the day, I am now seeing the outcome of my inputs on this writing site. I was able to
- Tips on HubPages #2 : Revising, Updating and Editing...
It's not the 'Green Lantern' that I want to find. Green element is like a 'breath of fresh air' on HubPages that is believed to stay for a long time in an old hub or article. Let's say, it can last for a decade due to the benefits the readers will...
More by this Author
Some of early users of this coffee-saving tip gained an ample reduction in their electrical consumption. This is good news to the skyrocketing prices of electricity in the Philippines.
Many forms of government are implemented around the world to secure the sovereignty of those nations. From elementary. high school and collegiate levels, students researched and studied the differences between the...
Aside from raising your own children, or just starting a family, why not indulge yourself into another interesting hobby: raising herds of ducks in your own home at your backyard? This will be suitable for you while...