Tips for Hub of the Day Award
Hub of the Day
I have always wondered how a hub page can be chosen for the Hub of the Day. Since I have asked this question on the forum page, I thought it would be a great idea to write on this topic. As a newbie, I was mesmerized by the idea of my article winning the Hub of the Day, but as time went on, I found it was much harder to achieve the “golden status”. New Hubbers may also be anticipating their glorious day while asking the same burning question: How do you achieve Hub of the Day? Well, the best answer I got was from DzyMsLizzy who told me that no one can really explain the choosing process fully, because it is a behind-the-scenes selection by the Hub Page staff. The best we can do is to write great-quality hubs, with correct grammar and spelling. The topics should also be "evergreen" or interesting to a wide range of readers all year round. Well-done photos, either your own or legally used and properly credited are also a great idea.
Logged in page
Here are some things newbies should know about “Hub Of The Day” award:
- One hub article is selected by the Hub Pages staff every day based on three things: an interesting subject matter, good writing, and a striking format.
- The Hub of the Day is showcased before the Hub Pages community and its author is received a special accolade or tribute. This accolade is designed by James Edmondson and built by Fawntia Fowler.
- The amazing part about winning the accolade is that you can see your Hub of the Day from your homepage whether you are logged in or logged out. If you are logged out, you can see it in the large-format carousel at the top of your homepage. If you are logged in, you can see it in the sidebar of your homepage next to your feed or underneath your profile picture and accolades.
- The ten most recent ones can be seen on the logged-out home page. If your Hub has been selected for Hub of the Day, you can see it shining bright on the signed-out homepage for ten days
- Well researched Title with no misspelling and capitalized properly has better chance to win Hub of the day award.
- If your hubs are engaged in a programs like Hub Nuggets, Weekly Topic Inspiration, Hub Pages know It All Contest Entries etc, you have better chance to win hub of the day award.
- Hubs of the Day are most likely to be recently published Hubs, but they’re not likely to be Hubs that were JUST published that very same day. However, all Hubs either new or old are eligible to become Hub of the Day.
- The Hub Pages staff spends so much time reading Hubs every day that they are bound to find Hubs that they would like to feature. So, there is NO need to submit a request to participate in the Hub of the Day Feature/Contest.
Loggeded out Home page
There is also an archive page where you can go and check out all the previous Hub of the Day articles: the archive .
The Hub of the Day Accolade can be seen on a Hubber`s profile page. The Hub of the Day Accolade is very unique and appears on the winning Hub next to the title as a perfect testament to the quality of the Hub.
- Butter Caramels with Himalayan Pink Salt Recipe
How to make homemade caramels using fresh ingredients and finishing salts.
- Growing Seedless Watermelon: 5 Steps to Success!
Love watermelon but hate the seeds? Follow these five tips to grow seedless watermelons in your home garden successfully.
- How To Make Your Own Disinfectant Wipes
Disinfectant wipes sure are handy, but wasteful! Here's how to make your own reusable disinfectant wipes with all-natural ingredients!
- The Healthiest Fast Food
You can order healthy fast food, but they don't make it easy, and you may be eating more calories than you think. Learn how to order fast food that doesn't go straight to your waistline.
It does not matter if you have written a 300 word hub or 1000 word hub. If your hub contains something new, then you have a better chance for the Hub of the Day. Take a look at these 2 Hubs of the Day for example:
1.Saving A Bit of Green While Being Green! (contains only 230 words)
2.The Healthiest Fast Food (contains 1020 words)
One thing that they have in common is that they are both unique and present a new idea which can benefit the readers.
Here is my favorite, 8 “Hub of the day” Hub pages are:
- 25 Ways to Improve Your Life
- An Insider's Guide to Japanese Honorifics
A guide on Japanese honorifics, complete with charts, quizzes, and a picture of an angry cat.
- Money Saving Tips for Movie Tickets and Movie Rentals
Movie tickets can be expensive for families. These money saving tips for movie tickets and movie rentals are easy and fun to try.
Keep up the good work. You never know you might be the next to get the golden globe award:)
The virtue lies in the struggle, not in the prize.
Richard Monckton Milnes
stainless chafing dishes
- Why You Should Buy Stainless Steel Chafing Dishes?
Whether it is a fancy restaurant or a big buffet table for a birthday party, stainless chafing dishes are a great and affordable way to impress the crowd.
- Do you use Stainless Steel Chafing Dishes for big pa...
StainlessChafingDishes.com offers high quality,affordable stainless steel chafing dishes that are perfect for serving food at all events!
- Important Steps before you start your own online bus...
If you are considering an online business and would like to build your own website, you have to perform these initial steps before you proceed any further.
Which following answer is incorrect for the selection of hub of the day ?See results without voting
More by this Author
Best Hydrabadi chicken biryani recipe ever. Step by step instructions how to make this simple mouth watering recipe. Learn more.
Learn top 10 benefits of social book marking sites and increase traffic to your websites, articles, blogs, hubpages, videos or any other information you would like to share online.
Learn how to make tasty, delicious and mouthwatering Chinese Chili Chicken recipe at home.