HubPages 2011: Travel Man's Way to Start the New Year
Happy New Year, HubPages!!!
Leftovers of 2010
I still can't get enough with my highs and lows on HubPages last year (2010).
I received my first payout from Google AdSense last November 26th, but I just savored my long-year earnings last December 28th.
When I converted it to Philippine peso (from US dollars) at the Western Union branch in Naga City, I was glad to know from the agent that I was one of the local bloggers/HubPages writers who are earning from Google AdSense.
It erased the notion of my sister (a policewoman in the city) that it was only a scam, which I argued with her earlier.
What I did with my earnings
- I filled my SIM card (used as business for loading) with text/call loads that can also be used as load for internet browsing. It's hard to get a signal from internet satellite in our place, especially if one is using a broadband connection. I'm using one and it will take days just to write a hub (sighs).
- I went to the nearest church (St. Francis de Assisi) to thank the Lord for blessings I've received the whole year.
- Ordered some brunch at my fave fastfood outlet. I had to eat my lunch early (around 10 am), beef patties with mushroom sauce and rice, with macaroni soup, too.
- Then, I went to the bank to pay for Reader's Digest subscription. I was declined because they can't find the business code of the local distributor. I decided to pay at the post office this year (2011).
- Still early to go home, I went to the LCC Mall then bought ingredients for pasta as main dish for the New Year. Then, I went home telling my sister about my payout.
Note: Google AdSense issues payment once a hubber reaches a threshold of US100.00 dollars or more. It will also depend on the agreement you've chosen when you activated your account.
What to expect on HubPages this year
The world is all eyes on HubPages this year, their 5th year of continued popularity among budding writers/bloggers. Thanks to the hardworking Founder/CEO Paul Edmonson for bringing it to this planet. The concept is very unique and other sites are beginning to imitate it.
It is becoming a byword, thanks to the word-of-mouth promotions of hubbers, including me.
With it's major backlinks, like Twitter and Facebook, it is sure to double or even triple its popularity among internet users and can even encourage them to write the things that interest them through this virtual writing community.
Year 2011 opens with a bang to the HubPages Management & Staff as it sponsors a contest that will widely delve on Finance or Money issues. HubPages Staff Simone Smith expounds on the subject and if you're interested to join, you can compose your hubs as early as possible.
There are lots of possibilities that will interest you, if you join HubPages community now.
- At the Forums, you will know what other hubbers are doing and you can also share your opinion on something that interests you.
- Volunteerism is also a thing here on HubPages. Special tasks are given to willing hubbers as to all Elites, HubMobs, HubGreeters and all in order to perform duties, like choosing new sets of HubNuggets and featuring topics for HubMob weekly. I'm sure you are familiar with the names, like Patty Inglish, Princessa, De Greek, Szusy Bee, Red Elf and members of Elite Squad and HubMob. They inspired most of us to do more on HubPages, not only for financial income but by becoming dedicated writers.
- College students are also participating in the contest of HubPages via the College topics contest.
- HubCamps started last year and is continuing now; and probably we could sponsor a local Meet and Greet here in Naga City. I'm still waiting for the confirmation about it from my fellow hubber, who's also a very busy instructor at one of the known colleges in the Naga City. I'm keeping my fingers crossed about this. I really want to encourage college students to write (I mean seriously write).HubPages Staff Jason Menayan is still waiting for my solid reply.
Actually, I seldom post questions because I'm busy composing my hubs. With a very erratic connection, I must complete my article at one setting; afraid of being victimized by flatline - zero reception on my broadband connection (again and again!).
Travel Man's resolution for 2011
My fellow hubber, who's one of my favorites, encouraged me to manage multiple accounts in order to have faster payouts on HubPages. He was aghast when I told him that I'm just maintaining one account last year.
I tried adding one more last year. My other account focuses more on issues and experiences about my career.
He told me further that others are also mainting 3 or more accounts in order to get more payouts in just a short span of time. As long as it never violate the rules and regulations of HubPages, a hubber can have a multiple account or personalities here on HubPages.
What am I thinking this year?
Well, maybe, I can also join the wagon. I can be a poet, a health expert, a freelance storyteller, or a culinary expert here on HubPages.
Where should I belong: to a commercial or more serious writers? You see commercial writing is becoming the trend of today's virtual writing. A topical subject will be featured on HubMob every week, interested hubbers will develop it.
I joined HubMob after a year of hubbing and it did gave me another stage of euphoria, by exploring and widening my horizon in this virtual writing site.
At the start of this year, 2011, more unexpected things will come my way. And I'm ready to face it, head on, here on HubPages.
How to Hub - A HubPages Guide for Noobs c/o lyrialzander
More by this Author
Last summer of 2013, I braved to make a bamboo basket, with the help of an elderly, dubbed as the 'basket lady' in our barrio (county). Look what I've done. You can do it, too!
Filipino cuisine is truly the melting pot in Asia. We have all the influences among other leading cuisines around the world.
Jessica Cox, the first-ever female armless pilot Jessica Cox, driving her car using her feet The first week of December ,as the Advent season opens, is dedicated to all handicapped, in all forms (armless, no feet at...