HubPages Earnings Daily Checklist For Success
If you're looking to maximize your HubPages earnings, this daily checklist will be helpful. New members to HubPages can become demotivated due to unrealistic expectations when they first begin, and the lack of a specific formula to follow to get them moving in the right direction. Whether you are new to the site, or have been creating hubs for some time, there's some essential actions that if you take regularly, will go a long way toward increasing your earnings and traffic.
I put together this as a rough guideline to follow for those who benefit from a more structured approach to making money on HubPages. Here you will find the specific steps I take each day to make the next day better than the previous. My goal is not to make tons of money overnight, but to encourage a steady increase in income potential and traffic building. To do that, I've found it easiest to take a methodical approach to building an online presence.
The following recommendation are only as "set in stone" as you decide to make them. You can do less or you can more. The guiding philosophy here is just to do something on a regular schedule so you can develop the good habits that will carry you through the more difficult times, as you build your visitor base.
From personal experience I can guarantee that if you implement this strategy, modified or as presented, you will get results:
1. Comment on Hubs
Using the "hop some hubs" feature at the top of the page under "my account", find hubs that look interesting to you. Read them and leave a constructive and encouraging comment. While you're doing this, rate the hubs and follow any of those users who either write on similar themes as you do, or who stand out to you, for whatever reason, as being remarkable.
Commenting on hubs helps you in a variety of ways:
- Provides a link to your profile, encouraging visitors to check out your hubs
- Internal backlinks lead to higher PageRank for your profile, and subsequently your hubs, which leads to better rankings from Google
- Opportunity to set the stage for building of network of fellow HubPages users who will read your hubs regularly and help keep you motivated
- Reciprocal comments on your hubs increase relevant search terms and provide higher word counts
Easy Mode: 5 comments per day. (15 minutes)
Normal Mode: 10 comments per day. (30 minutes)
Hard Mode: 20 comments per day. (60 minutes)
EPIC Mode: 30 comments per day. (90 minutes)
2. Follow Other HubPages Users
While you're hopping hops or looking at the related hubs listed beside your own, follow other users who either write on similar topics, or who seem remarkable to you. This is a great way to connect with others on the site and benefits you in these ways:
- Internal backlinks from their profile to yours, which boost your PageRank
- Encourages visitors to their profiles to visit yours
- Reciprocal follows will help boost your reputation with visitors to your profile
- You'll build a nice group of interesting and relevant HubPages users to inspire, entertain and educate you
Easy Mode: 5 follows per day. (5 minutes)
Normal Mode: 10 follows per day. (10 minutes)
Hard Mode: 20 follows per day. (20 minutes)
EPIC Mode: 30 follows per day. (30 minutes)
Note: You can consolidate the commenting and following to make both more efficient for you, as far as time spent.
3. Leave Fan Mail for Your Favorite Users
While you are busy hopping hubs and commenting, as well as looking for interesting users to follow, you're going to come across some who really impress you, and you'll want to leave them fan mail, to let them know. Make sure it tells them and their visitors exactly why you appreciate them. This will help you in the follow ways:
- Internal Backlinks for your profile from theirs to boost your PageRank
- Encourages their fans to take a look at your profile
- Reciprocal fan mail will help boost your reputation with visitors to your profile
- Leaving fan mail will demonstrate a higher level of engagement and interest on your part, and invite more engagement and interest from that user for your own hubs
Easy Mode: 5 fan mail per day. (15 minutes)
Normal Mode: 10 fan mail per day. (30 minutes)
Hard Mode: 20 fan mail per day. (60 minutes)
EPIC Mode: 30 fan mail per day. (90 minutes)
Note: Take the time to leave something sincere and well thought-out and make sure you have browsed though that users hubs first, and genuinely have an appreciation for their work.
4. Answer Questions
Answering questions on HubPages is a great way to connect to others and it helps to promote your hubs by keeping you active in the community. focus on the questions you have an interest in, fit into a theme you write on, or would expand your own knowledge. Specifically you'll receive:
- Expanding your knowledge by reviewing other users' answers
- Discovering other users with similar interests to network with
- Internal backlinks to your profile from the question's page
- Witty or informative answers will draw people in to your profile
Easy Mode: 1 answer per day. (5 minutes)
Normal Mode: 2 answers per day. (10 minutes)
Hard Mode: 4 answers per day. (20 minutes)
EPIC Mode: 6 answers per day. (30 minutes)
5. Ask Questions
Asking questions is a very valuable habit to incorporate into your daily routine. This is an excellent way to broaden your knowledge. Ask questions that will help you to achieve something, or get new perspectives and this is time extremely well spent. You can also use the questions to help you build your hubs. For example, if you want to make a hub listing popular science fiction novels, go ahead and ask people which they'd recommend, and you'll have some excellent leads. Here's what you can expect:
- Great way to get answers that will help you with your hubs or anything else
- Useful material to inspire new hubs and provide content ideas for planned hubs
- Internal backlinks to your profile from the question's page
- Interesting or clever questions can draw new users to your profile
Easy Mode: 1 question per day. (5 minutes)
Normal Mode: 2 questions per day. (10 minutes)
Hard Mode: 4 questions per day. (20 minutes)
EPIC Mode: 6 questions per day. (30 minutes)
6. Participate in the Forums
Posting a new thread or replying to an older thread are both useful ways to interact with the community. There's so many great topics in the forums to choose from, and a wealth of knowledge to be hard there. The HubChallenge section is a great way to keep motivated and on target with you hubs, but there's a number of other useful discoveries you can make in HubPage's forums. By participating in the forums, you receive these benefits:
- Internal backlinks to your profile (you're probably noticing a theme here, by now)
- Great tips and information for you to use to help making your hubs better
- The opportunity to engage in useful discussions with veteran members of the community
- More traffic to your profile from other forum users
Easy Mode: 1 post per day. (5 minutes)
Normal Mode: 2 posts per day. (10 minutes)
Hard Mode: 4 posts per day. (20 minutes)
EPIC Mode: 6 posts per day. (30 minutes)
7. Post Links to Social Sites
Whether you use Facebook, Twitter or some other social networking tool, posting your hubs is extremely useful. Getting into the habit of doing this daily will give you a big boost overtime. The benefits are:
- External backlinks to your hubs which help them to rank better in Google
- Opportunity for your friends and family on the social networking site to join up under your referral ID
- Increased traffic directly from links generated online through searches and other forms of syndication relating to the keywords in the social network post
Easy Mode: 1 post per day. (3 minutes)
Normal Mode: 2 posts per day. (6 minutes)
Hard Mode: 4 posts per day. (12 minutes)
EPIC Mode: 6 posts per day. (18 minutes)
Note: A great way to really leverage this process and cut down the time is by using a tool such as Ping.fm or OnlyWire, which can allow you to post to multiple sites all with a single message. This will enable you get dozens of posts out of a single action.
8. Post Links to Hubs with Social Monkee
Social Monkee is an excellent tool to incorporate into your routine HubPages promotion strategy. It's a free service (with premium option available), that allows you to gain a minimum of 25 backlinks with every use. With the free service you can use the tool once per day. You gain the following advantages for using this:
- External backlinks to your hubs which raise their ranking in Google
- Opportunity for increased search engine presence through the generated blog posts
- Increased traffic coming to your hubs from the autoblogs the tool posts to
Easy Mode: 3 posts per week. (15 minutes per week)
Normal Mode: 1 post per day. (5 minutes)
Hard Mode: 2 posts per day. (10 minutes)
EPIC Mode: 3 posts per day. (15 minutes)
Note: In addition to upgrading by paying the one-time fee, you're able to earn an upgrade to premium on Social Monkee through referrals. I highly recommend this service and use it myself daily. If you sign up via my link, it will help get me one step closer to the premium, which would be great!
9. Create New Hubs
New hubs are, as you might expect, the single most important thing for gaining traffic and increasing your HubPages earnings. The number of successful hubs you have is going to pretty much determine your traffic and income level. All the other activities that we've talked about will count for very little if you do not have a broad collection of hubs to benefit from them. By regularly making new hubs, you will see a sustainable gain in traffic, which will translate to a sustainable gain in money from the hubs themselves. Specifically making new hubs offers these benefits:
- A greater amount of content for your regular visitors to read
- Increased traffic from search engines due to different keywords drawing different traffic
- Increased PageRank for your profile (and via that, your hubs) through the internal linking provided with every new hub
- Builds your reputation as a regular publisher, which expands your influence
Easy Mode: 1 hub per week. (time varies)
Normal Mode: 3 hubs per week. (time varies)
Hard Mode: 1 hub per day. (time varies)
EPIC Mode: 3 hubs per day. (time varies)
This is the strategy I use daily to build traffic and increase earnings on my hubs. It can be done, at it's minimal levels in under an hour day (not including hub creation), and in time usually becomes much faster. As you might expect, the more time you can put in upfront, the quicker and more extreme the results you will achieve.
It generally takes about 90 days to see the full benefits from this strategy, as backlinks take time to register and be figured into your rankings, but it's certain that if you use this checklist daily, you will see results. You should start noticing a much higher level of engagement and increased traffic within only a day or two, and once your backlinks come into play, you'll really see things take off as Google begins sending you more and more traffic due to your better rankings in the search engine.
This is just a general guideline that I use, so if you have your own working promotional strategies, feel free to incorporate them, and also please share them in the comments section. Other strategies you may want to implement are:
- Using Yahoo! Answers to promote your relevant hubs if they provide the solution to a problem
- Incorporating your hub or profile links into the signature field on an external forum you post on
- Performing regular edits and updates to your hubs
- Posting links to your hubs or HubPages profile on your external profiles and blogs
You'll also want to make sure to reply to your comments, and reciprocate back to users so you can maintain the gains you build by promoting your hubs.
What promotional strategies do you use?
Do you follow a set routine to promote your hubs?
More by this Author
I recently signed up with RedGage, after hearing some positive things about it on HubPages from other authors. I liked the idea of getting paid for backlinks! That's a pretty sweet deal. I've spent enough time there to...
Anton LaVey was an infamous musician, occultist, writer and the founder of The Church of Satan, which he oversaw as High Priest until his death on October 29, 1997. Lavey, who was born Howard Stanton Lavey, authored...
One of the most important aspects to being successful is mindset. In fact, some people argue that this is the single most important element, and that if you have a mindset that is welcoming and accepting of success,...