HubPages Success Stories #5 - The HubPages Elite aka Team Welcome Wagon: Riding on Popularity and Dedication on HubPages
Getting ahead of the track
If there's a writing race since the birth of HubPages, the group called The HubPages Elite or the HubNugget Team got the homerun first.
They're ahead of us since 2005, when most of us are tinkering our old laptops having our first attempts on blogging.
Of course, this is not blogging, since this is not just documenting my own experiences.
This is a hub that will introduce newbies, regular hubbers or the seasonal writers who are not really that acquainted with the HP Elite, since we cannot see the HubNugget selection through voting nowadays.
Instead the HubPages Elite are now dedicating their curating jobs on Rising Stars, instead of HubNuggets.
Back then, I don't mind of my working atmosphere on HubPages. I was just contented on publishing my hubs, with occasional posts on Q & A, Forums and the seldom Hub-Hopping spree.
But now, I am more sensitive on issues happening inside this writing community. I might as well do my part in making this online hubbing portal famous and popular as all of us are working to make it number 1 in the years to come.
We have a lot to thank for, if our hubs are nominated by this team. If you are chosen, it means you're on the right track as perceived by the site's core of rules and regulations.
They are given a sensitive job and ample responsibility with the help of HP Staff in order to make our hubbing more fruitful and enjoyable.
Have you known one of them?
The Roll Call: That little 'e' that signifies excellence
The HubPages Elite hubbers have a little 'e' on their profile pictures.
It means they are selected among hopefuls, to be involved in special programs implemented by this writing site.
The Roll Call
It's an honor to be the beadle of an important introduction dedicated to these bunch of hubbers who, sometimes exists conspicuously or unknowingly, will surprise you once your hub is chosen as one of the selected article that shines on a certain topic.
If there's a valedictorian on this team, the obvious one will be the choice of everyone.
I want to keep the you hanging on air in anticipation.
There's will also be salutatorian or honorable mentions among them.
But wait, I want them in equal footings but there's always someone who'll edge out the others because of the popularity and dedication that one have already instilled and put up on her existence on HubPages.
Perhaps, the criteria on being dubbed as one of the HubPages Elite will be:
- popularity - how many hubbers follow a particular HP Elite
- profile - spills out one's educational attainment, including public and private life's achievements
- professionalism - dedication on HubPages
A lot of meeting of ideas happen on the HP Elite table, and now, they are called TEAM WELCOME WAGON.
Instead of that little 'e', we are now being welcome by a 'hi' scribbled in a talking balloon or conversation box pasted on the bottom left side of their profile photos.
Patty Inglish: Best All-Around Hubber for 2011
Patty Inglish: An A1 Hubber and Writer
She's everywhere, whatever popular writing sites you want to be associated with.
- Kids In Mind Film Reviews
- Mr. Wong
One thing that elevates her from the rest of us is her enormous popularity and dedication on HubPages.
HP Statistics reveal that she collated more than six thousand (nearing 7, 000) followers and counting in the span of five years and hubs of more than one thousand (also nearing 2, 000).
Adopting the USA as her second home, aside from Africa, she's now a sought-after-figure in many fields.It ranges from being Medical and Workforce Professional; American Psychological Association. Film, Book and Music Critic. 9th Dan Black Belt Grandmaster to Olympic and World Class athletes.
Her articles were adopted by international publications, especially at the northern territories of America and Canada.
Her profile page, if you'll have an ample time perusing it, will draw your attention to her magnanimous achievements in life.
During my first attempts perfecting my hubs on my first year here at HP, a certain Patty Inglish graced my hubs and taught me through her suggestions on how to earn high score on my hubs and my profile page as a hubber.
Whatever happened to other HubPages Elite? Are they still in the new, upgraded program called Team Welcome Wagon?
- ladyjane1 of Texas is now out of the team. As she opines, she's not taking herself too seriously. She's still an enigma to me although she assures that she's just having fun and has a bunch of friends who are ready to read her hubs.
- Zsuzsy Bee of Ontario, Canada reflects on how she became herself again, as an individual, as an independent person since the moving out of her last baby. No sounds of Mom this-and-Mom that.
- Ripplemaker (Michelle Simtoco) from Cebu, Philippines is worthy of being recognized as such, also coming from my homeland. As she quips, "I joyfully strive to create ripples of inspiration to empower people to be winners of life through writing, life coaching, healing, training, music and the arts!"
- RedElf (Elle Fredine) of Canada is, according to her, an accomplished artist - her profile icon is from one of her pen & ink sketches - singer, songwriter, and poet, Elle is working on her first novel.
- Enelle Lamb of Canada's California (where is that?) is a published author, HubPages volunteer and a member since 2008, webmaster, outspoken advocate for children with ADHD, and regular contributor for several blogs including, RedoRenewRecycle.com, and One Small Step for Parents.
- KoffeeKlatch Gals of Sunny Florida has a confession to make: "When I first started writing for HubPages, I had a friend who was going to do this with me. I did not have enough confidence in myself to feel I could do this alone. As time went by I began to realize that I was the only one writing."
I wonder why they're out of the Team Welcome Wagon?
Anyways, their contribution on HubPages brought half-decade of inspiration on the writing site.
I recently read and commented on the hub of former Elite cardisa regarding the importance of this program.
If you're still acquainted with DeGreek, he's an elite who really expound on a simple subject that will get you occupied from the first sentence and until the last word of the man.
If you happen to frequent the hubs of artist waynet, you'll surely miss his presence on your hubs through his comments encouraging you to make good on HubPages.
There are many prolific hubbers who attained the Elite status, but the HubNugget Team are the most exposed among them.
They're the ones who really curated hubs that are worthy of recognition as HubNuggets.
Some of my hubs were recognized by them as my effort paved the way in order for me to attain some slices of success on this writing community.
How success was measured by the HP Elite Team
I haven't seen another hubber,except Patty Inglish who has the new 'hi' badge on their profile pictures.
Hubbers who go the extra mile and manage special programs are a team called Hubpages Elite!
This team consists of-
1) HubNugget Team was our very own curators. Every week, they select some of the finest Hubs published by promising new Hubbers, and present these Hubs for a vote. Those Hubs with the highest number of votes are included in our weekly newsletter.
2) HubMob Team was the group who administered the weekly HubMob, a collective effort among interested Hubbers to publish Hubs around the week's designated topic.
3) HubGreeters were the welcome wagon. They reach out to promising new Hubbers and make them feel at home, giving them suggestions on first steps to take and answering any questions they might have.
The gradual changes
- The Weekly Hubmob became the Weekly Topic Inspiration, now being handled by HP Staff (a prolific hubber) Simone Smith
- The HP Elite is now reduced into TEAM WELCOME WAGON.
- The HubNugget is now dubbed as Rising Stars.
- The fierce competition on text-rich content in order to earn monetization from the legit affiliates on HubPages is what we are seeing to be the main reason of such change.
Whatever the outcome of this move, it will be for the benefit of this writing community.
Popularity and Dedication are some traits and qualities on how to be a HubPages Elite.
More Hubs about the HubPages Elites
- Who Are HubPages Elites/Welcome Wagon Team And Why D...
About the Hubpages Elite team and what they do. My experience of being an elite.
- Vote for Me for HubPages Elite
Many acquaintances question my ability to do so, but once in a while I actually try to read something.
- The HubPages Chairman
Making fun of the HubPages Chairman - by Dimitris Mita ( De Greek )
More by this Author
My brother's story on being a victim of witchcraft is hard to believe. I'm still thinking if those symptoms that happened on me, too, seemed so surreal. Bizarre things are happening these days. Films, writings and...
Ever heard of sweet rice cake? Perhaps not, when you're still not living here in the Philippines. Let me teach you on how to make this Filipino delicacy. Get ready with your sweet tooth.
Aside from raising your own children, or just starting a family, why not indulge yourself into another interesting hobby: raising herds of ducks in your own home at your backyard? This will be suitable for you while...