26 Hubbers Who Have Inspired Me
Inspirational Writers Here On Hubpages
I have been on Hubpages for eighteen months now, and have just gone over the 100 hubs mark. In order to commemorate this special milestone, I recently wrote a hub called My Hubpages Mentors.
On this hub, I wrote about those writers that I have learned the most from during the last year and a half on this site. My Hub #99 was also a type of tribute, to Hubpages itself: 99 Reasons I Like Hubpages.
I have one more Hub Love type of hub up my sleeve. This is a hub that talks about the Hubbers on Hubpages that have inspired me. There are many, but these are 26 that have especially inspired me in different ways.
So, this is the second part of my tribute to the hubbers I appreciate on Hubpages, in honour of my 100th hub. I appreciate them all. And I couldn't mention everyone. It makes me nervous that I might forget someone that inspired me but please understand that this list is not exhaustive but just a sample. I am glad to show my appreciation to some of those hubbers that have truly touched my heart. Thank you so much.
And the ones that have touched my heart the most are those that have given me comments and just kept reading my hubs. That has meant the world to me. When I signed up a year and a half ago, I had no idea what to expect and I have been blown away the community and the supporters. Thank you to all of you.
These Hubbers Are All Around Inspirational
One of the things I really enjoy about Hubpages is the inspiration I have received here. These next hubbers are ones whose writing is beautiful and inspirational. I love their writing and every time I read something from one of these writers, I am prepared to be moved.
- onegoodwoman is my favourite writer here on Hubpages. Her work is so well-crafted. She is a true storyteller. I recommend everyone to read some of her pieces.
- HappyBoomerNurse is a retired nurse with one of the biggest hearts anyone could ever have. She has been a support to me from almost the day I started at Hubpages. She writes about social issues and medical situations with great compassion. She is pursuing her dreams of writing and photography now, and we are blessed to have her here.
- AEvans is a very gifted, lovely person. She is well-known on the site, as one of the Elite, and she is also known for compiling the "Top 100 New Hubbers" List every year. Although she has been given the name, "elite," she is not a snob. Instead, she writes with such grace and poise that she truly does remind me of the avatar that she used to use: Audrey Hepburn.
- Billybuc has just recently made it over to Hubpages but what a difference he has already made. Bill writes directly from the heart: about alcoholism, writing and living a dream. He and I share a love of the North, of teaching and of the simple life. I am moved every time I go to his special domain of the web.
- Rolly A. Chabot is another former Northerner whose works touch the heart with great precision. Rolly, or the artist formerly known as Quill, is a friend as well as a fellow writer. He reaches out to those on Hubpages and is involved in ministry in other places, as well. As a former Albertan, I also love seeing his pictures, both with text and photo, of my home province.
- Victoria Lynn has been such a support to me here at Hubpages. She is a sensitve poet and a lover of fine arts. She shares about deep issues and important topics that need to be talked about. I love her honesty and her writing style.
- FloBe was one of the first writers I met upon coming to Hubpages. I loved her stories crafted with a touch of irony and sadness. Flobe hasn't been writing much on Hubpages lately but I have to mention her because she played such an important part of my early Hubpages days.
These Writers Helped Me In My Faith
One thing I enjoy about Hubpages is that there are some great Christian writers who have helped me grow in my faith. Sometimes I was amazed to hear just the right word when I opened up my Hubpages "new hubs."
- Whidbeywriter has many great articles about the Jesus and his love. She writes with honesty and directness and I am always refreshed when visiting her pages.
- Lambservant is very skilled in teaching the Word, and her hubs are full of wisdom, knowledge and discernment. I have learned a lot from this woman of God.
- LIfegate is a pastor from a Baptist church in Pennsylvania. He writes directly and strongly about issues of the faith life. His work cuts to the soul and spirit and I appreciate his reminders to honour God.
I've Been Inspired By Their Animal Stories
I am the designated human of three cats and a great animal lover. I have met many fellow pet lovers here, and here are some that have inspired me the most with their stories:
- Kashmir56 writes a lot about health and his dogs. He has been so kind and supportive here on Hubpages and I appreciate him so much. The stories he has written about his dog are so beautiful. (UPDATE: Kashmir is no longer on Hubpages)
- Paw Paw John is involved in cat rescues. I so much appreciate the work he is doing for felines and the stand he is taking. He writes about the cats he is rescuing with such compassion and interest.
- Stephanie Henkel is a fellow cat lover who has written about her cats and her travelling. She has inspired me with her cat stories and with her stories of crossing the country in an R.V.. How inspirational is it to actually live out of a motorhome and go where your heart desires?
I've Been Inspired By Their Travels
It has always been my dream to travel the world but I've never quite been able to do it, so I love reading the fascinating travel hubs of these following hubbers:
- Prasetio30 is an elementary teacher from Malang-Indonesia. His hubs on a wealth of exotic locations are fascinating and resemble a virtual tour of the world.
- Travel_Man1971 has now been on Hubpages for two and a half years. He has a grand total of 503 hubs at the time of this writing. Now, he is called the Travel Man, and that name truly suits him! This former Filipino sailor has "been around" and now he's sharing it with us. I find his work absolutely fascinating, as I live vicariously through his vast travel experiences.
I Am Inspired By Their Artistry
These are people whose artwork is inspiring. While some of us "look" for photos, these writers "make" artwork and their dedication to truly original work is incredible. There are many talented photographers and artists at Hubpages, as evidenced by last summer's creative contest. These are some of my favourites:
- Maria Cecilia, the sweet writer from the Philippines, who illustrates all of her articles and they are delightful.
- Sofs is an imensely talented photographer whose microphotography is amazing. Her photo galleries are second to none.
- Oceanssunsets is also a very talented picture-taker. She can't seem to stop clicking and I am glad she can't. Her photography is first class and inspires me to get out there and try it myself!
I Am Inspired By Their Poetry
I love reading poetry and was amazed by the number of very talented poets here at Hubpages. These are three whose poems I find particularly alluring. Read them and you will see.
- Pearldiver: The first time I read his poetry, I couldn't stop. I read pages and pages of it. His talent really does explode off the page.
- Poetic Fool is a poet with a big heart who writes about people with compassion and sincerity. I love the way he puts the phrase together and find his poetry very moving.
- The Surburban Poet has poetry that will grab your heart by the collar and rough it up a bit. His writing is raw and honest. I am very moved by his work.
I Am Inspired By Their Intellect
There are some writers on Hubpages that are just so darn smart you can't believe it. When I read their stuff, I am bedazzled by their minds and their class. It's like going to a sophisticated dinner party and meeting some of the brightest and the best. Here are a couple of these, although there are many more:
- Docmo is one of those. He is a doctor who writes about a variety of topics, from comic books to medical conditions to leadership. But whatever he writes, you can definitely see why he's a doctor. He's just plain smart!
- Tonymac04, the teacher-historian from South Africa, writes about history, social issues and politics. He is knowledgeable and as a former teacher, reading his work is like taking one long, interesting Social Studies class. And there's no charge.
I Am Inspired By Their Humour
These hubbers are the funniest ones that I found on Hubpages: These writers have all made me "laugh out loud," more than one time, for sure. There are many more other hilarious writers here, too, but these are a sample:
- Stan Fletcher is hard to describe. He writes the unexpected. He takes you on rabbit trails and makes you love it. He is funny and mysterious and you have to read his "stuff" to understand what I mean.
- Sharyn's Slant came just a few months after me, and I feel like we learned the ropes together. I love her honesty and fun way of writing. And she's hilarious!
- Arlene V. Poma used to write for newspapers. She's a pro at words, from way back, and her skill shows. She tells a story that keeps you spellbound, while making you laugh and laugh and laugh. I can often be heard laughing very loud when I am reading her pages.
The first thing I loved about Hubpages was not the well optimized layout or the Google ranking. No, I loved it because it was a chance to write about real, important things and to read about life, love and ideas. I thank every reader that bothers to stay on my pages. I have valued every comment and vote up. I have met so many amazing people here and I couldn't mention them all. It has been much more an intellectual experience; it's also been a heart experience, both as a writer and a reader.
I thank all the good writers on here who share of themselves, through the written word, for the benefit of us all. For me, Hubpages is just as much a place to read, as it is a place to write.
© 2012 Sharilee Swaity
More by this Author
This is a summary of the advantages and disadvantages of taking a writing challenge, and writing very quickly. The good parts include writing faster and the bad parts include less time to promote your work.
One of the ways Hubpages has added to my life is to introduce me to some very inspirational writing. Here are the ten hubs that moved me the most.
This article give ten mistakes that people make when dealing with a workplace bully, based on the author's own experiences. She shares the mistakes she made, with the hope of helping others not to do the same.