Hubpages: How to Tell If You're Addicted!
Hubpages Addiction - It's Real!
If you've followed my hubs at all, you'll know that addiction can happen anywhere at any time. It all comes down to our basic emotional needs, and hubpages is glad to provide those needs in numerous ways.
By writing for hubpages and being a part of the community, we get the certainty of having a place to write and of having readers to read what we wrote. We get variety, from all the hubs to read, advise, vote up and flag. We gain significance through our writing and comments, and we can't forget our need for Contribution, which is the biggest need hubpages fuels.
We also make connections with people in this interesting community, that we could not necessarily make in other ways. Which helps up re-connect with ourselves as much as the outside world. That alone is enough of a lure into the clutches of hubpages, that few can resist once they've gotten started.
Am I Addicted?
After hours, weeks, months or years on hubpages, you might look around and ask yourself, "Am I addicted to hubpages?". Some of you might already know the answer, while others still aren't sure. So if you're still on the fence (more like hidden in denial), here is the list of signs and symptoms that will let you know when you're officially addicted to hubpages.
- When you get up in the morning, one of the very first thing that crosses your mind is, "I wonder if I got any comments on my hubs today?"
- The minute you see your computer, you wonder how much traffic your recent articles are getting.
- When you're at work, you wish you were on hubpages.
- Most of what you post on your social networks, are hubpages links (yours and others)
- You have two or three favorite hubpages authors.
- You have at least one regular reader who comments on just about everything you right these days.
- You know that the blue arrows mean the traffic is going down on your hub, and the red arrows mean your hub is getting more traffic.
- You have at least a dozen unpublished articles that you intend to finish later.
- You leave detailed comments on the hubs that you read, and not just the regular "good job!" or "great hub".
- When you're having conversations with your friends and family, you sometimes start a sentence with "When I was on hubpages the other day..." or "I laughed so much when this one hubber wrote about..."
- You answer at least three questions on hubpages everyday.
- You ask at least three questions on hubpages everyday
- You know that you can't ask more than ten questions in the answers section, within a 24 hour period.
- If you can't check your hubpages for an entire day, you get cranky.
- You know that no one's ever become rich from hubpages, but you secretly dream of being the first hubber to do it.
- You regularly check the top earning hubbers list, hoping to see your name there some day.
- You have at least 8 hub badges.
- You know how to use your HubTracker links, and you use them most of the time to earn double the revenue.
- You check the Top 50 Earners list, to see if you're on it yet.
- You flag any article of clearly bad quality, not just because it's poorly written or overly promotional, because you know that the more bad hubs on hubpages, the less money there will be for everyone.
- You advertise "writers for hire" on free classifieds
- When you're happy, you come to hubpages
- When you're upset, you come to hubpages
- When you can't find some information on the internet, you ask on hubpages
- You learn more from hubpages then you ever did in college
- You tell you're partner not to wait up for you, so you can keep playing around on hubpages.
- You have a set daily goal of traffic coming into your hubs
- You have hubpages bookmarked on your mobile phone.
- You have more than one hubber account...
- You regularly contribute to the forums
- When you go to bed at night, you think about what you'll write tomorrow...
Are you a hubpages addict?See results without voting
More by this Author
Tired of the endless fights and arguments with your woman? Want to end the hostility in your relationship and get back to lovin? Check out this hub for some help and some humor.
A man born under the sun sign of Cancer is a very complex machine indeed. He has an intense love for the fine culinary arts, a hatred of instability and complete inability to be decisive make him a wonder to behold for...
How to lance a dental abscess by yourself, as a form of pain relief, before seeing a dentist to cure the basic problem.