My Hub Huggin' Friends
I suppose if I thought about which Hubbers have caused my heart to race in frustration I might find the list much longer than the one to come. But, even those who have pissed me off with what I feel to be insane ramblings of non-sense, hold a place in my heart and at times, (usually after a couple martini's) I have even found appreciation for their struggles. I have greatly appreciated those Hubbers that have rumbled with me in the mean back alleys of the forums, (I will miss you Earnest).
Principled Soap Box Hubbers
Know that I never underestimate the strength of those who faithfully carry their own soap box full of beliefs and scriptures into the forums to do battle with their personal brand of righteous anger and old testament vigor (I love you on a spiritual level Brenda Durham). And I respect the knights in shining armor who trot into the forums to courageously defend against such soap box packing warriors (Cagsil you are the bravest of them all) with logic and pure acceptance of the human race. But this hub is dedicated to those Hubbers who through tactfulness, love and compassion have found their way into my Hub-loving heart and settle there among the many wonderful things that only a big K9 kind heart could imagine. So, with that being said, let's move on to the those fantastic Hubbers I call friends!
Starting with the Biggest NFL Fan of All!
I have to start out with a splash, and introduce you to a wonderful little gal who has traveled from coast to coast, but remains faithful to her sport of football. You'll find everything from the The NFL's Greatest Running Backs of all times to those Sexy Butts of the NFL! That's right, I am referring to Wavegirl22. She was the first Hubber to greet and hold my hand through a 60 Challenge in my first months on HubPages. She had to teach me (step by step) how to create a RSS link; I really had NO idea how. Wavegirl22 thank you for treating me like an equal when that was SOOOO not the case!
My Favorite Hubbing Duo
Minnetonka Twin and her mirror-rific sister Healing Touch have been a sweet duo from day one I met them. Deeply brave warm hearts that have only the highest regard for keeping things kind. No matter the trial or struggle, these two stick together and reach out teaching the joy of life no matter what evil may creep into your life. Inspiring and moving, I proudly call these two ladies of Hubages, my friends.
My Hub Hugging Shalom Man
When I first began to read Hubs (before I became a Hubber) I wondered into the LGBT topic for a read or two. I stumbled upon a hub that was refreshing and bright and made me laugh right out loud, Gaydar Secrets. I instantly fell in love with this Hubber! Livelonger had it all,; intelligence, wit, great writing skills, and a defined purpose, and he is Jewish! Which is a big bonus to K9! A year or so later when I discovered his secret identity, (Ha! Thought I was gonna tell you didn't you?) and met him in person, I had no doubt that this was a HubBuddy for life! I am honored and thrilled to call livelonger my friend, and when he uses the phrase, "Shalom my friend" this old heart of mine glows from here clear to the moon.
That Big Bow Says it All!
No matter what I have struggled with here on HubPages, this Hubber Supreme has always had my back. Humor, brilliance, support, and a delightful leader, Simone Smith gives me the joy I need to saunter to my keyboard and keep tapping away. Whether she is inspiring the Weekly Topic Inspiration or creating videos about the Best Moroccan Lemon Cupcakes you will ever taste, Simone keeps this place we call HubPages a fun location to write. Her personality, helpfulness, and kindness are only out shined by her intelligence (she double majored in International Business and Marketing and has a minor in Fine Arts). So, smart doesn't even begin to describe her! If I haven't said it before, thanks for all of the help and support well beyond the call of duty, Simone!
When You Think You Found Kindness, Think Again
This next Hubber on my list of appreciation is Earth Angel. Just when I thought I had located the kindest and smartest place online, I ran across this delightful writer. With an unlimited range of love, SAPPHIRE GRACE (Earth Angel) is an artist, author and spiritual activist. I have yet to find a more willing to love heart anywhere. I am proud to call EA my HubBuddy!
~Only Choose Love~
From The Same Wheelhouse We Fish
This Hubber I happened upon when writing about one of my favorite pastimes, fishing. Freshwater, deep-sea, from a boat or on the shore, Gordon Hamilton and I connected deeply around the art of fishing. He is a huge advocate of sustainable fishing (as am I). His support and following has more than once brightened my somber day. He also has a very astute knack for the culinary side of life. I have often found his recipe and cooking techniques from How to Cook Pouting and Pouting Recipes to the simplest of chefly joys of How to Cook Parsnips. When I sign off with Gordon, I call him "my friend." I have no doubt this Scottish resident feels the same! (Don't tell anyone, but this handsome hubber is also my secret HubPages crush!)
The Many Hubbers I Adore and Respect
The list of Hubbers that interest me are far too many to place in a single hub. If I have not listed you among the few here, it is my error! In a sea of highly talented creative writers it gets difficult fitting each of you among the numbers of authors residing within the rising cream. The following is a list of a few of you that "popped up" and caught my attention:
- Just Ask Susan - From Dogs to Hard drives, this writer has the answers! I trust her work and research and bookmark and refer to her works often. And she is a real class act!
- Cardisa - A "taboo free" writer offers so much diversity I can hardly resist her work. She is a true warrior and advocate against content thieves, which we can all get behind!
- Denise Handlon - Who doesn't love a dedicated beach bum? I know I do! This real woman, mother, grandmother, nurse and author has had my attention from the second I read her work. Kind, with a flair for hubber support, Denise is among my favorite writers on HubPages.
- Nell Rose - Strange phenomena and quantum physics anyone? Well if you don't have the time for such things now, maybe you can travel back to them later via Time Travel! Never a question for me, this hubber has a variety of intellectual offerings that stimulates my brain like no other. Having such a kind heart doesn't hurt either.
- Marissa Wright - Whenever she Dances into the forums, she is there for the right reasons! Fun, honest and a warrior for humanity, this Hubber never leaves any questions as to just where she stands! She writes on useful topics that range from Suitable careers for introverts to Greek Dancing! No matter where you find Marissa, know it is where the cool kids are!
- Kerryg - One of my all time favorite Hubbers from the moment I stepped onto the HubPages site. Kerry's hub on The Price of Hate: Violence Against LGBT People Around the World showed me a level of compassion that was inspiring. Always open to who she is and willing to help those who seek a worthy job, Kerry has me following her work on a regular basis.
- Steph Harris - The epitome of gracious living, this UK author has all the information any of us require about our home lives. Ever wondered who would win in a Smelly Dog Smell vs Bicarbonate of soda war? Well, Steph knows! Another big heart on my list of favorite Hub Authors.
What You Think Really Does Matter!
Do you follow HubPages authors?See results without voting
The Never Ending List Goes On...
I could go on for hours about how many Hubbers I adore. But, I must take my leave as the homemade holiday toffee in the other room is calling for me, and I wouldn't want to disappoint my ever expanding waistline.
My hope is that each of you who writes on HubPages knows that you are appreciated for your work, your good original content, your expertise, and above all for simply being among this thrilling community of writers. If you have in any way been inspired to write about some of your favorite Hubbers, please do so. Appreciation for those we work with and around is far too often ignored. You have the perfect forum, the perfect skill, and the perfect timing for expressing your feeling for your HubBuddy's.
Don't let what you feel go unknown. That would be a terrible waist of a very good thing!
HUBHUGS TO THE COMMUNITY!
Where To Find A Variety Of Great Articles
If it is information, recipes, reviews, or even the obscure you seek, than HubPages is the place to land! The topics provide a broad variety of written works about...well...everything! Read articles written by some of my favorite authors or discover your own favorites by hopping over to "HUB TOPICS YOU LIKE" right now!
More by this Author
Discover some pretty common reasons why your female dog is humping. You will also find simple techniques for stopping humping behavior in your k9.
Practical and easy to understand education on "Long Tail Titles" and how they improve SEO for any online article. Simple step by step advice for Long Tail Success.
The most common people foods are the most deadly to your dog. This list surprises even the most knowledgeable of dog people.