In Commemoration of My 200 Followers
In Commemoration of My 200 Followers
I am writing this hub to commemorate my 200 followers. It has taken me six months to get that many but given the wide range of topics I write on I am not surprised. I have some of the most talented and generous people who have encouraged me to continue to write. All of my followers I also follow as one good turn deserves another. And I have to be honest with all of you my goal was to be read. Although I secretly hoped to earn a hubnugget and all the accolades that come with success what was most important to me was making new contacts and being read. It all began with one follower. I know that seems like a simplistic thing to write but the people who encourage you in your first days on hubpages are your anchor. And you may not agree with everything they write and certainly don’t expect them to agree with everything you write. It is the Hubpages with people from all over the world who have varying opinions and ideas and is by no means a cult. But lately I have just come into a great batch of new hub followers and I am as enamored with them as I could possibly be. In this article I would like to provide you with details how to recruit people to follow your hubs and then I would like to highlight some more of my exceptional friends which I follow on Hubpages.
How to Obtain Followers
1. Read other people’s work and ask insightful and engaging comments. Try to read as many hubs as you publish. And if that doesn’t work I try to read a minimum of five hubs a day. A little giving is very rewarding in this community. And be genuine and interested in others work.
2. Participate in the forums. I know it seems like extra work but your networking outside of what is written on your hubs happens in the forums. The more your participate there the better your chances of getting new followers. But I would caution you that I wouldn't participate in the forum in lieu of reading a minimum of five hubs a day. I would do both a have.
3. Only comment on things you know about and follow the Golden Rule when commenting. If you can’t say anything nice don’t say anything at all unless you know the person pretty well and you know they will appreciate what you have done. I have a follower from India that is a great person. He let me know I was doing something incorrectly on my hubs. Instead of impugning his critic, which four months ago I might have done, I changed it and appreciated the time and effort he took to inform me. And never criticize an article you are not an expert in. You can ask questions to verify information without insulting anyone.
4. Again read and then follow. When you follow you are agreeing to read everything which the person writes which you understand. For instances I follow a lot of SEO people and technical people. I don’t necessarily understand the things they write but I hope to glean enough to learn how to create back links and SEO. And while they all write incredibly well I don’t always understand everything they write so I rate them and follow them but don’t necessarily comment because I don’t really understand.
5. Be enthusiastic. One of the reasons I believe I have never had writer’s block is that I am enthusiastic to get up every single day and produce, read and participate. And that is the key to success, being excited about your work and other people’s work. When inspiration leaves you turn to reading other hubber’s work. It will inspire you and break any writer’s block you may have had.
6. Rate, comment, vote up and Plus One as much as you can. Being generous with your ratings is exceptionally help not only to you but to the community you wish to have follow you. There really isn’t a competition between writers as they are all unique individuals who bring different talents to the table. By being generous with them, they will be generous with you. The comments, the ratings, the vote up and especially the Plus One are all exceptionally important to each writer as it helps them move up on search engines. And again it is doesn’t take from you being generous. It actually comes back to you.
Some Who I Follow and Who Follow Me.
Now I am probably not really in a position to recommend other hubbers to you to follow but I want to as I think these people are exceptionally talented and they have been so generous to me. They follow me and if you read their work, make insightful and engaging comments and follow them they might return the favor. I am only mentioning a few. I hope to highlight others later.
A professional writer and exceptional person Sean was one of the first people to encourage me. He is a very talented writer and is very thoughtful and considerate.
Shadesbreath is an exceptional poetry writer and fictional writer who I think you might enjoy. He has quite a following of over a thousand people but I think that is because he is so generous and encouraging to all of the hubpages community.
I also appreciate Fennelseed as an all around artist. Absolutely fabulous work which I appreciate every single day.
I have just recently interacted with Lord De Cross though the Hubages contest and I really enjoy his work, his comments and I highly recommend anyone and everyone follow his work.
I also absolutely adore Debbie Roberts work and follow her religiously. I think she is a wonderful and generous writer. And Ms. Roberts constantly publishes great hubs and really provides insightful comments.
Brian is an awesome talent on Hubpages. He is a terrific writer, photographer and even manages to have a wonderful sense of humor. I always appreciate Brian’s comments and I really admire his work. He is very kind, professional and really is an excellent person to follow.
And last but by all means not least is Apostle Jack who has encouraged me all the way. He has a tremendous following but he is a wonderfully giving hubber.
It may seem counter intuitive to recommend other hubbers to you to follow. But I believe all of us have a responsibility to herald the good deeds of others in our community. And I have a debt of gratitude to all of these people who so bravely follow me where I go in my writings. They are supportive, caring, sensitive individuals who has inspired me and for which I have profound respect.
These are only a few of the people I follow. I haven’t even gotten into everyone I follow because the list is long. And they all have wonderful qualities which I truly adore about each one of them. In particular you will notice that this list is predominately male. That is because I will write a separate list for my favorite female writers on Hubpages.
If you read, comment and follow any of the people previously mentioned I am certain your experience on hubpages will be greater for it. Please keep in mind that some of the people recommend here have over a 1,000 followers so if they don’t get back to you immediately be patient. All of these people have been exceptionally generous to me but there are many more that I will share with you in the future, If you follow me and your name is not mentioned here have no fear I plan on featuring all of my followers before I complete my first year. And if you follow me you know I make my deadlines.
- Commemorating My 100 Followers
A commemortive Hub paying homage to the wonderful 100 souls who have followed me on my journey of hubbing.
More by this Author
An article about how to get your child to sleep in their own bed.
A tribute to the one yeat anniversary of my Mother's death.
An article analysizing what it is like to grow up with serial killers and rapists in a small southern community.