Is Hubpages Legit
There are of course many scams on the internet. It is therefor natural for writers, who are considering publishing on Hubpages, to ask: "Is Hubpages Legit?"
In this article I will share my experience with Hubpages, prove that Hubpages is legit and look at the reasons why so many new writers, on Hubpages, fail.
How Hubpages work:
Hubpages is a revenue sharing site. That means they keep 40% of the earnings from your pages, while you earn 60%. Now 40% might seem like much. I however find that a lot of my traffic comes from other people's content. This gives me earnings which I would not get on my own sites. Additionally my content on Hubpages is easier to rank on the search engines. Which means more quality traffic and higher earnings.
One red flag you want to watch out for with internet scams, is that they require large upfront payments. The fact that Hubpages is free to use is an indication that they are legit.
Who should write for Hubpages:
Hubpages is the perfect platform for beginners. It's very easy and the community is very helpful. Here you can publish, learn how to get traffic and how to convert that traffic into money.
For people, like me who have their own sites, Hubpages is a great source of easy traffic.
I often see pictures of people's earnings, that look very dodgy, to me. It is very easy to edit an image like that and pretend that you are making a lot more money, than you actually are. In the video above I have used Camtasia to record video of my earnings and added comments using a microphone.
Last month I earned $109.12 from Hubpage's in-house ads and $554.91 from Amazon. So I got around $660 from my Hubs. This might not seem like a lot of money, but I haven't been writing here much lately. That is all residual income from work I did 6 months ago. I have found that the earnings from here, really help me pay my bills.
When I started out I didn't really know what I was doing. The articles I did later on where much more profitable, compare to the first ones. I am sure there are many writers on Hubpages that do far better than I do.
How to create a successful Hub
What many writers here do is to write one 500 word article and publish it. They get no traffic, so they give up on publishing online.
Points to keep in mind:
- You need to publish at least 50 articles before you can see what's working and what's not working. Some articles will do very well, while others will struggle. The more you learn the more you will earn.
- The older your account is, the better you will do. On a young account an article might get no traffic, but after 12 months that article may do very well.
- Don't obsess over quality. Better to have 2 good Hubs than one perfect one. Volume = earnings.
- Target long-tail keywords. This means the title of an article should be 4 to 8 words long. This is especially important when you are starting out.
Elements of a successful hub:
- 800 or more words of unique text. I copy and paste my text to Microsoft Word and use that to count the words. Some writers like to go for more than 1,000. I wouldn't publish a page with under 700 words.
- 10-15 tags ; Picking the right tags helps the search engines understand what your page is all about.
- 3-5 pictures ; I get many of my pictures from http://www.flickr.com . If you run an advanced search there and tick the Creative Commons box. That will return images that photographers will let you use in your articles. The other pictures, you would have to buy.
- Ebay and/or Amazon modules ; Don't go too crazy with these. 4 in every other Hub is a good number.
- 2 Youtube videos (optional) ; Some publishers use them, others don't. The problem is that they tend to go dead, over time. Then you have to edit your page and remove them. It is worth trying video modules though, as they can be very powerful.
- Poll (optional) Polls and comments improves the interaction between you and your readers and keep your readers on your page longer.
- Use your keywords, a few times, in your article. My keywords here would be: legit, Hubpages and scam. Basically if someone types: "Is Hubpages legit?" or "Hubpages scam" into Google Search, I would like this article to be at the top of the results.
Take action. Don't be the guy who reads all the information, but never does anything.
It should now be clear that Hubpages is not a scam. It takes a good amount of work, but anyone can earn decent money here.
I hope you enjoyed reading: Is Hubpages legit?
Which revenue sharing site would you recommend?See results without voting
More by this Author
In best gaming headphones 2016 we are going to be reviewing some of the best new headphone solutions for gamers. Headsets with microphones These are great for first person shooters like COD or MMORPGs like World of...
Flip phones have become very popular because they are compact, stylish and flip phones have their screens on the inside, protecting them from scratches. Traditionally flip phones weren't as powerful as other phones, but...
Ask any girl: What do you look for in a guy? The first answer is usually: a good sense of humor. With guys it is an important dating factor, but not quite as vital as with girls. If you think about it, being funny...