My Award Thank You
Some of you may have noticed when I leave a comment I say I'm a 'johnny come lately' because I'm not often the first to find a new hub. That all started when I was a kid. We lived in Queens, NY which is about 200 miles from Albany (I tell you this for background). My mother would send me to the store to pick up one quick thing for supper and I'd be gone for an hour or so (it should've taken 10 minutes, but I had to stop and play stoop ball, or talk to some friends...) Anyway, when I finally got home my mother would ask, "What did you do, go by way of Albany?" So you see, I'm easily distracted. That long winded explanation is why I'm late doing this Thank You Hub.
When I received the email saying I'd won the Best Avatar for 2012 I was floored! (I knew Cogerson was tough competition.) I was humbled too and wanted to thank everyone for their votes, but then I got reading hubs and my good intentions fell by the wayside.
So what brought me back to reality? I read Lord de Cross's hub thanking everyone for his award and after smacking my forehead realized I should be doing the same! So, here I am writing a thank you to all the extraordinary hubbers who voted in the awards!
I realize you had to take time out of your schedules and some effort to cast your vote. You had to make decisions in each of the categories and then take more time to vote... you even had to check out Avatars. That shows effort on your part and luck on mine.
Stop and think how many hubbers and therefore how many Avatars there were to choose from! When I tried to check by searching "How Many Hubbers" I couldn't find an answer but there was a question, "How many hubbers does it take to screw in a light bulb"....honest! But, I digress, again. We all know there are lots of hubbers. Patty Inglish has something like 6,000 followers so that leads me to believe there must be around 6,000 hubbers. That's a lot of hubbers and coming full circle, that's a lot of Avatars!
Along with my thank you I'd like to send sincere Congratulations to all of the Hubbie winners. This is no small fete when you are being voted on for 'best' in your category...other than Avatar, you had to work for your Hubbie so again, congratulations!!
I known a good hub should be over 1,000 and I would love for this to be a good hub on the one hand, but on the other hand I don't want to bore you to tears. So in closing let me again thank you for voting me Best Avatar and know that it was a happy day when I found out!
Copyright Tillsontitan - All Rights Reserved
2012 HUBBIE AWARDS
In case you missed the awards:
- Best All-Around Hubber: Cogerson
- Best Hub: World War II Movie Marathon in Chronological Order of the Real Events by Cogerson
- Most Likely to Become a Millionaire: alocsin
- Most Political Hubber: American View
- Most Religious Hubber: Michele Travis
- Funniest Hubber: Jeannieinabottle
- Best HubPages Poet: epigramman
- Best HubPages Fiction Writer: mckbirdbks
- Most Likely to Go Viral: Melbel
- Best HubPages Teacher: teaches12345
- Most Cheerful Hubber: RealHousewife
- Most Supportive Hubber: billybuc
- Most Helpful Hubber: sunshine625
- Best Community Activist: Lord De Cross
- Best HubPages Avatar: tillsontitan
- HubPages Class Clown: Mark Ewbie
- Most Likely to Become a HubPages Employee: AEvans
- Most Interesting Hub: Comet Halley (Halley's Comet) by Daisy Mariposa
- Most Useful Hub: 100 Great Things You Can Buy for / with a Dollarby tammyswallow
- Most Beautiful Hub: Adoption: A Letter to My Birth Mother Who I Never Knew by billybuc
- Most Informative Hub: Five Useful Weeds - Beautiful and Edible by CClitgirl
- Most Awesome Hub: Alpine Ibex: The Wild Mountain Goats of Mont Blanc and Where to See Them by LetitiaFT
- Funniest Hub: 50 Rules That Would Be Included If Life Had An Instruction Manual by josh3418
More by this Author
You've heard of "mangy mutts" but did you know your dog can get mange? Caused by a mite it can affect any dog at any time and of course my dog got mange. What to do?
Lemons are not the miracle cure for diabetes—but they may offer some surprising benefits that could be helpful to diabetics.
Miniature Pinschers a/k/a Min Pins are not for the weak at heart, training is a must but the rewards are great. Very affectionate and really good dogs when trained; faithful, affectionate and intelligent!