Pennsylvania 6-5000: A State Full of Attractions
The Keystone State
Pennsylvania is not only the Keystone State, but a key that will unlock answers for your travel and vacation wanderlust. It is an awesome state full of multicultural wonders and American Know How. From Native American Nations to breathtaking mountain views to romance and railroads, Amish farms, music, Urban hip hop culture, you will find new worlds in Pennsylvania. Once you visit, you will return as often as you can. If you are looking to start a business or seeking employment, Pennsylvania may be the right spot for you as well.
Pennsylvania 6-5000; Glenn Miller Orchestra
- TEN TRAVEL RECOMMENDATIONS Top 10 Hot Spots in PennsylvaniaI cannot say enough about Pennsylvania travel opportunities. Frank Lloyd Wright's Falling Water is a journey back in time to see the famous architect's work for the owners of a local giant department store. The Jimmy Stewart Museum is most interesting, Mysteries about throughout the state as well. Great diners and restaurants, How about the famous Martin Guitar installation? Parks, pow wows, mountains, and fishing. There are just too many places to see!
- Fantastic Amish farms, food, and multimedia adventures: Top 5 Hot Pennsylvania Dutch Travel Destinations -- The Amish Farm and House America's first Amish attraction open to the public, since 1955. Old Order Amish working farm, complete with food and festivities for the family. Railroads, museums, covered bridges, interesting people, and a cloistered community make for a good week's vacation adventure.
- Local legends, culture, and employment: Top 10 Hot Jobs and MYSTERIES in Lancaster PA
- Crab-Apple Slaw and Other Surprises - Travels through Pennsylvania and Ohio by the first Johnnie Appleseed. There is indeed another Johnnie Appleseed - in Canada.
- Native American Nations of the Northeastern US - Pennsylvania enjoys a rich history of Native American cultures and cooperation with white settlers, as well as conflict and war among tribal nations and with settlers, all resulting in forced relocation for some. At the same time, several groups remain in the state and host local and regional Pow Wows that visitors enjoy. America is home to well over 1,000 different Native Americannations, tribes, bands, pueblos, communities, and other accepted group designations. Some are federally recognized, while others are official only by state standards in a particular US State, like Pennsylvania. Many groups are not recognized at all and receive no government funding, which is not common knowledge.
- Railroading History and Attractions - Top 10 Hot Jobs in Altoona PA - The Altoona Curve is a fantastic railroad adventure and famous in the state among non-railroad enthusiasts as well.
- US History - The 13 Colonies - Includes some information about Pennsylvania as a founding colony of the USA; and, the Battle of Fort Pitt.
Culture, Travel, and Employment
- Economy, Education, and Employment: Top 10 Jobs in Pennsylvania - Jobs have held steady in this state form autumn 2008 to spring 2010, with little change in numbers. In May 2010, 146,000 jobs were listed, gathered from all Internet resources for Pennsylvania employers and recrutieres.
- Endless Mountains Region: Top-10 High Demand Jobs in Scenic Back Mountain and Steamtown. This region on Northeastern Pennsylvania offers a range of activities for outdoor recreation, railroad hobbyists, history buffs, and romantics.
- Carousels: Carousels In America: Things You Didn't Know -- Philidelphia was a famous hub for hand carved wooden carousel creations. Today, these collectibles and historical installations are stil celebrated. A local mall saved the horses from a dismanlted carousel that operated on its grounds and hund them as worls of art in this new covered shopping center in the 1980s.
- The New Nation: Top 10 Jobs in Philadelphia -- Aside from the historical significance for forming the foundation dcuments of the United States of America, how yould it be to visit, work in, or live in this part of the state?
- History, Healthcare, and Vacation Spots: Top 15 Hot Healthcare Jobs in Pittsburgh to 2020
- FACEBOOK - Top 10 Hot Jobs in Harrisburg PA - this town is digitally up to date and maintains its own Facebook pages. You can enjoy several annual festivals: Kipona/Native American Celebration of Sparkling Water; American Musicfest; Christmas pageants; New Year's Eve celebrations; rodeos, and other events, including the Pennsylvania Farm Show.
- CHOCOLATE! - Top 10 Hot Jobs in Harrisburg-Lebanon-Carlisle PA -- The four anchor cities of this market are Carlisle, Harrisburg, Hershey, and Lebanon. They all are full of things to see and activites to enjoy aand about an hour's drive each from one another. The job market has remained generally stable since 2008 and Tourism offers many worthwhile adventures well worth your travel dollar. Millions of people enjoy Hershey Village, but many other venues will entertain and enrich your stay in this part of Pennsylvania.
Rain and Snow
Pennsylvania is a land of valleys and mountains, historic sites, cities, farms and factories. A range of climates is at your choosing as well. Spanning two large climate zones,most fo the state "humid continental" with the Southeast being "humid subtropical."
Up in the mountains such as the Endless Mountains the Appalachians, and the Alleghenies, the climate cools down considerably with sunny and cloudy days and enough winter snowfall for great skiing. Western Pennsylvania, including Erie PA and other cities near the lake, experience a lot of rain and snowfall. Agriculture on Amish, Mennonite and other farms thrive throughout the state and wildlife, wildflowers, and native grasses enhance vacation pleasure.
More by this Author
Enter a Contest or Hub Challenge soon -- The more you participate with us, the more you will earn. Simple!
HubPages offers Hub Challenges created by Hubbers themselves to spur writing ideas and promote your Hubs. Gain reader traffic with participation in these challenges soon- Here's one that worked well!
After much hard work in writing countless resumes, cover letters, and job applications, employment candidates hope to interview well, impress the hiring officer, and secure the job. We can help with the information in...