Writing Online - Handy Keys for Hubpages
First, I would really like to thank all the Hubbers who take time out to visit my Hubs. There are thousands of Hubbers online and I appreciate you stopping by. My last Hub was: Writing Online - A - Z Journal of one Writer.
I would have loved to make one correction in that Hub which is to note that, I am a Writer with a small "w" as I have been writing for just about a year.
In this Hub I just want to share 2 quick useful tips to help save time.
Has this ever happened to you?
You finish reading a Hub and leave a comment which isn’t so short, you hit the enter button only to find that the comment didn’t submit and you can’t recall exactly how you put it because it flowed when you wrote? Or maybe you are like me who replies to 6 people in one comment Box only for it to disappear.
It can be a bit frustrating. To avoid this, here is a simple Tip. Once you have written your comment. Click in the comment box.
1) Hold down the Ctrl button, then Press A (It will select the whole comment).
2) Then, Hold down, Ctrl and Press C, (this copies it to the clipboard, it clipboard is a sort of memory on your computer).
If your comment shows after typing, that’s fine. If it doesn’t:
3)Click in the Comment box, hold down Ctrl and Press V. What you copied will be pasted into the box.
Note: Only do this if you are typing in a long comment.
- Ctrl + A Selects the whole text
- Ctrl + C copies the text
- Ctrl + V Pastes the text
Ps: some Hubs have been set not to show your comments until they are moderated by the Hubber. If this happens, you will still see confirmation that you posted the comment in Hub Feed or your Hubtivity.
For those who have about 70 to 1000’s of Hubs. Some might have already discovered this, but if you are looking for a Hub, may be wanting to Edit it, instead of scrolling down lines and lines of Hubs, simply follow the tips below:
1) While in the Statistics Tab - Hold down Ctrl and press F.
2) A box will appear at the top left hand of the screen. Its empty and by the side will have the word Find. See image below.
"Find" Box (type in a word of the Hub)
2) In my example, I am looking for a Hub: Quiet Time and Relaxation. I type in “relaxation” in the Find Box. You will note the computer highlights the word “relaxation” in my list of Hubs. If you have more than 1 hub with the same name, then press “next” until you find the one you are looking for. See image below.
It makes searching easier.
- Ctrl + F = opens box.
- Type any word of the Hub you are looking for.
- The word will be hi-lighted by the computer.
** Please note these features can be applied to other Blogging Websites, etc
More useful info: Introduction to Hubpages with Snoopy and Woodstock
More by this Author
Hugging is something you tend to do to your friends, family, people you feel warm towards and not something you would expect from a Teacher to his/her students, but sometimes it Just can’t be helped. January 2010.
A look at Pro Ana Websites that encourage Anorexia as a healthy lifestyle and endanger the lives of youngsters. September 2009.
Things I have personally noticed about people who laugh a lot. Thought provoking. Laughter is Good.