How to Use Pinterest to Increase Traffic
© by Jennifer McLeod writing as jenjen0703, all rights reserved.
What is Pinterest?
Pinterest is a new social networking site that seems to be the new rave! I recently discovered Pinterest and absolutely love it!
I had been using Pinterest for a couple months when I entered the URL to the hub I just wrote, Don't Feed the Trolls! Deal with them Effectively. It had not yet crossed my mind to pin some of my better hubs to Pinterest because most of my followers have probably already seen them on Facebook. But today, I noticed that five complete strangers had re-pinned my "troll" hub. One of these people had 486 followers, and there was my story, pinned onto one of her boards.
That is 486 more people who can read my articles off of just one person! I suddenly became extremely excited and chose a few more hubs to pin.
The following picture is a picture from one of my follower's Pinterest feeds. She has 256 followers, but my hub that she re-pinned shows at the top, which made it easier to capture this picture.
Have you been introduced to Pinterest yet?See results without voting
There are a few bookmarking sites I use to help promote my stories from HubPages; however, each site has specific rules that must be followed, according to their own guidelines.
Pinterest is a casual social networking environment and pinning Web pages is easier than most sites I have personally used. Here are more reasons to use Pinterest:
- You can arrange your boards according to topics or niches and organize your bookmarks accordingly.
- Pinterest is a creative way to track specific projects, such as home improvements or wedding registry ideas.
- Your number of followers at Pinterest grows quickly. My group of followers if growing faster than any of the other social networking sites I am a member of with little work on my part. If you are an avid writer, you could also consider buying followers and repins from Public Monkey if you are in a hurry to gain a large amount of followers.
- When you pin your article to Pinterest, you receive a new URL, different than the one provided at HubPages.
- The appearance of Pinterest is quite attractive as well as practical. There are several columns for adding pins to your boards, which minimizes the amount of scrolling you need to do to browse through the site.
Another nice thing about Pinterest is you don't have to use it just to promote your hubs. Anything you view online, you can Pin It. Let's say you're looking to remodel your kitchen and browse the internet for design ideas. You find a kitchen idea that you absolutely love and want to keep for later reference. Create a board called "Kitchen Ideas" and Pin the picture to your board. You can look at it later, and your followers will see it. Who knows? Someone else might need a new kitchen and you saved them the trouble of looking for ideas because they loved the kitchen design you just Pinned.
Pin It button on toolbar
Get Started at Pinterest
Are you interested in joining Pinterest? Click the link, follow these steps, and join us for some fun!
- Sign up for an account at Pinterest. You can log in with your email address or your Facebook or Twitter log-in.
- Add some information about yourself under your profile, so people can get to know you.
- Download the "Pin It" button. This will be available directly on your toolbar, so when you want to pin something you like, it is only one click away.
- Create boards and give them personal names that correspond with the things you want to pin. You can add and delete boards at anytime.
- Surf the Web and start "pinning."
- Take time to check out others' pins. If you like something they have, you can repin it to your boards.
- What are you waiting for? Join Pinterest today!
- Don't forget to have fun!!
More by this Author
Want to learn how to make paper snowflakes? Here are a few easy designs to make your home more festive for Christmas.
Trolls can be found in many places on the internet. Dealing with trolls can be irritating. This article will help you understand what a troll really is...
Dealing with a narcissist is an irritating and draining experience. Living with one is even worse. This article gives helpful advice for how to outsmart and avoid falling prey to a narcissist.