Rank Higher In Bing
Optimize your Site for Bing
Bing is an emerging search engine which was launched by Microsoft on April 3, 2009. With its new features Bing is expected to grab some nice share of the search market within the next few years. Microsoft is expected to spend $80-100 million on Bing marketing which will definitely bring more traffic to it. And no one can deny the importance of organic traffic that search engines send to your pages so why not optimize your site for Bing?!
How is Bing Different from Google
As Google currently have more than 80% share of the search market and much SEO is done just keeping the guidelines given by Google in mind. Simply put, we have been optimizing our sites for Google as its Google that sends real large amounts of traffic to the sites. Now with Bing slowly picking up and increasing the number of users and searches on daily basis we got to keep Bing in mind while optimizing our sites. First we'll see how Bing is different from Google.
1) Inbound links' anchor text matters more to Bing than the backlinks.
2) Age and authority of the domain.
3) Only quality backlinks will be counted. It is preferred to have inbound links from sites that included the primary keyword in the referring site's title tag.
4) Google don't take much notice of H1 tags while Bing does.
Optimizing for BING without losing Google rankings
As I mentioned a few differences between Google and Bing above. Here is how you can rank high in both Bing and Google.
1) This is easy. Isn't it? You can optimize your anchor text, as well as build backlinks for Google. These both complement each other.
2) Google also likes age and authority of a domain but it seems to rank new sites higher too if they are worth it. You can always buy domain names which were registered a few years back to rank high in Bing. Bing will heart your domain name if your site's main keywords are included in it.
3) As google counts worthless backlinks, at the same time it naturally gives more value to high-PR related backlinks. Simply put, Google definitely likes quality backlinks and appreciates them. So focus on getting quality backlinks as they are what Bing wants.
4) Use H1 tags when required. This too won't lower your Google rankings.
More Tips to Optimize Your Site for Bing
Make sure each page of your site has a unique title and meta description tags.
Make sure there are text navigational links on your site(as some sites have pictorial based navigation) and the anchor text of those links must contain the main keyword(s) for the page it is pointing to.
Bing don't seem to like frames. Try to avoid them if possible.
URL of each page on your site must contain keywords of the page in it. DO NOT stuff it with keywords, just adding the title in there will do perfectly well.
More by this Author
Here are some interesting, inspirational and touching quotes about rain. I liked them and hope you will also like these quotable quotes. There's always a period of curious fear between the first sweet-smelling...
There are more insects in one square mile of rural land than there are human beings on the entire earth. The tsetse fly is found only in Africa although there are twenty-two different specie of the tsetse fly. In...
I have collected these random facts from various sources on the internet(like Wikipedia), so they may or may not be true. Now please proceed to reading these interesting random bits. Butterflies cannot fly if their...