RedGage Review - a social bookmarking and revenue sharing site
Mar 16, 2010
In this article I review redgage.com. RedGage is a social networking / bookmarking site that provides backlinks and revenue generating possibilities. RedGage has a Google Page Rank of 4. I joined RedGage two weeks ago and have had a decent experience so far.
Cool Video Describing RedGage
- Content- the cool thing about RedGage is you can upload numerous types of content (blogs, photos, videos, documents, links). I've put several links to my HubPage articles on RedGage and I've also uploaded several pictures.
- Money- with RedGage, they pay you primarily based on your content popularity. I've made $4.30 in two weeks on RedGage. This is much better than I did on HubPages in two weeks. I made $4.00 for a picture I took while on vacation in New Zealand. I simply posted this picture and it became a "Feature" and I got a $4 bonus for that. Here's the link to the picture, if you're interested: Milford Track Picture. Also, RedGage has a unique way of paying you by giving you a Visa card. Here's an excerpt from their site on this: "When you reach $25.00 in your available balance, you can withdraw your funds. You may also choose to let your earnings accumulate and withdraw funds in increments of $25.00 ($50, $75, etc). When you are ready to withdraw your money, RedGage will ask you for your contact information and send you a RedGage Visa Card."
- Interface- RedGage's interface takes a little getting used to...it's not as intuitive as I'd like, but I have it figured out now.
- Imports- RedGage allows you to import content from other sites, such as Twitter, Youtube, Blogger, etc. The import feature doesn't seem to work all the time. For instance, I have content on Blogger.com, but the "Last Update" on RedGage shows "Never," even though my RedGage account is linked to Blogger. I haven't thoroughly troubleshot this yet, but it's not as simple as it should be in my opinion.
- Friendliness - I mention friendliness because I think it's important. HubPages is one of the most friendly sites I've joined, but RedGage is even friendlier. The members are very nice and willing to help each other. For example, I have 29 friends on RedGage now and that's just been after two weeks. I haven't been actively trying to "friend" people either. I've joined other sites like Digg and Squidoo and I never really felt "part of the crowd" on those sites. On RedGage I feel like I'm a valued member of the site.
Other than HubPages, I've had the friendliest experience and quickest monetary success with RedGage. I'm also on Xomba and She Told Me. I think both these sites are great too, but RedGage is unique. If you're interested in joining RedGage, click HERE. RedGage has several main benefits - backlinks to your HubPage content, revenue opportunities, and a friendly atmosphere!
Mar 17, 2010 Update
I just got up this morning and logged on to RedGage. My earnings are now $33.30! I was a little shocked at first and thought it might have been a mistake. This is based on 34 content uploads and only being a member 2 weeks! That's pretty cool. It took me 10 months to make that much money on HubPages. I'm not just in it for the money, but it is nice to be rewarded for your content!
More by this Author
Viruses, worms, SPAM, denial of services, and security incidents plague many organizations today. There are five easy measures that should be taken to help mitigate information security risks. Two of these measures are...
As an athlete, I spend a lot of time in swimming pools - an average of two to three times per week. I swim at both a YMCA and a Gold's gym, but I've noticed people don't have a clue about swimming pool...
I spend a fair amount of time at the gym and in men’s locker rooms. I have witnessed many strange breaches of gym etiquette in these locker rooms. It has become obvious to me that most men know nothing about...