Ten Ways To Improve Your Earnings With Your Online Articles
Make Money Online... And With Hubpages
Give your readers what they need and they will help you increase your income.
If you want this, you have to build a good website and then correctly link it from there. These websites you read and publish are there not only to show how you write, but to also make money online for you. This concept comes from the fact that you can potentially make money with each hub you publish.
This isn't if you publish they will come, but if you correctly use SEO they will.
The problem is that Google and other search engines work if you do the learning. They do look for quality content but that is not always found if you do not deal with keywords or with an unwillingness to learn about things. Sometimes, it takes effort and a lot of learning. This can be fun, and rewarding but also confusing and disheartening.
After all, you will have to learn about a lot of concepts that you would normally not consider to be a part of the writing process. Keyword research, understanding why a page works and why one does not. Publishing a hub which becomes interesting over time, and also keeping it up to date. This is not something you might need to worry about as much when you publish a book or an e-book.
Writing and publishing and making money in these cases rely on how well you can market both your work and yourself. After all, you are not only a personality online but you have people simply coming to your hubs because you published something of value for them. In essence, by improving whta your publsih, you become a personality. With the search engines you are not a personality rather a mind who wrote and published something useful.
Here are ten ways I've found have helped improve hubs, and blogs, in terms of being found on Google via SEO (search engine optimization) and keyword research but also get better results on the Google AdSense affiliate program. It may even make your life less insane and, and your business on hubpages grow. Focus on quality as a whole for your entire hubpages and you will find more success.
Planning and Linking
1) Have a plan when you write and publish a hub: This is simple business practice write what you know and write the content as best you can. You also will need to take into account some basic SEO and keyword research Why do you do this? Well simple, when you write what you know it develops your credibility with your readers and they will stay longer.
But still you need a plan for each hub, both in the short term and in the long term. Learn from each one that you write and publish, especially from the ones which work. Also learn from the ones which don't work either in terms of traffic and money. Content is a must as is title and other pieces.
Also, as part of what makes the reader experience is something for them, which is your writing, it needs to be useful, if you answer a question for your reader then it is useful and you will be able to gain more readers simply because they know you will give an answer in your writing to the question that they have.
2) Link link and link:This is the biggest thing, add links between your hubs, and put an older hub on as a link to a newer hub, this will add to it, but also add the newer hub to another hub or on your profile, and on your blogs and other places that you can.
This is will improve the value of the hub in the eyes of Stumble Upon and Google and this will of all these things possibly bring the most money. The biggest thing about links it that with links your SEO will be better, and this will increase the chances of making money online. Again linking is a part of it, but it is important to traffic.
3) Understand Google and SEO: SEO is search engine optimization, a nice fancy word for getting your hub or blog into the top ten on google searches. The best way to go about this is to have great content, which is well written and not in a "text- based" format. It also needs to be a good title that someone can type a part of it on to google and find it. It also needs to have many good sources of traffic.
Still you need the Search engines and that also takes keyword research into knowing what creates traffic from the search engines and then creates a better return on investemetn-- or clicks on your ads.
4) Social Networking Sites: I mean it, you want money? you want traffic? You want fame fortune and all that good stuff? (these are also known as social networking sites) now, this is important, put all your hubs on Digg and on Stumble upon and do this for other people's hubs as well. The idea is that people will add a link to their social networking site for your hub, and voila more links.
Do this, it takes about 5 seconds for each hub, make sure the tags are good, and Stumble Upon will take it from there. This will get traffic, and will possibly make some money. Again this does take time, and might make money, but these are links after all.
5) Have a sense of humor: I personally don't like to read hubs that don't help me in some way, and it doesn't need to be a how to. It just needs to help me. Some thing needs to be there to get me to read more ubs of yours.
It can be a poem or something encouraging or even about making money, the thing though is that if you want comments and keep your sanity, have a bit of humor into your hub, some might not "get" it, most will... or at least they will think you are insane and will comment to see what the insane person has to say!
6) Write To your Audience: Face it, your audience is smarter than you, much smarter, they found you and that is one for them. They also commented on your hub, which means they are very smart, and they might return which means by default they are geniuses treat them as such. Always assume that your reader can do more with a gentle pointer than with a sledgehammer of "I am so smart-- S-A-M-R-T!" (d'oh!). People know better. They won't give you traffic if you talk down to them. they also won't come back or as they say in business give you money or links.
You need their help, you need their comments and traffic and links and clicks on your ads, and they don't need to do this. You need them. It is a business and in this business you need readers.
7) Offer some Suggestions: This is the part where those who have traffic and make some money get it, and where those who don't have traffic will wonder. I always offer books as suggestions that people can read, or add some links to my hubs, from either hubs I've read or people who I follow. This is the one way that people will know that you've been reading other hubs. Don't just pick a hub, any hub, but look at the summary of the hub. I tend to leave my summary as the first part of my hub, others don't. Amazon is a bright way to make people want to look at some additions to their personal library and it brightens up a hub.
People often will comment on on books and on a few lines of your hubs, so take their suggestions to heart as well. Still to offer people reasons to stay with you is important as people need to find reasons to either stay long enough to make a comment or to click on an ad.
8) Google and Traffic and Comments Oh My!: These three go hand in hand, when you write a comment you spend time on a person's hub. This helps them and you. Google likes hubs that have traffic but have people who stay on for more than 5 seconds. It can also increase your chances of getting a really high paying google AdSense ad. The art of a hub is to get your message across, help them, and have them leave a comment. It is also a way to get people to go to your other hubs, and to add to social networking sites, and potentially give you some money. All three: google, traffic, and comments go together, so make it easy for people, by responding to comments and by leaving them on others hubs.
9) Write a Good Hub With Good Content: This is my pet peeve and I will say it again and again. (sorry going on a rant with this one!) writing a hub with good content does not mean writing a hub with keywords galore that makes the person want to leave, or writing a hub that is like a text message (yes there are many of these) or worst still making a hub that is about 5 words long and has no point. A good hub has good content and is helpful to everyone, it can easily be found on google and it is fun, and people want to comeback to the writer's other hubs. You'll know you have a good one when the hub has a high score.
Now, I am in no way suggesting that you shouldn't edit a hub to improve it, but at the same time, you need to understand that making money is also marketing and a business, people will not support poor quality. No one will read your work if your writing or hub is not good quality, people need things and want things, and you need to provide this to them.
10) Content is King.. so don't argue with that: I know that some people think content is important, but content is king, because your keywords come from your content, and Google uses your content to find your hub, and social networking sites use your content to suggest some areas you can put your hub in. Google AdSense also uses your content to give an ads by google on your site. Traffic comes because of content. Content is King, and a good hub has content that is suited to its audience.
In fact Google AdSense uses your content to create ads foryour hubs, so if your content is hard to figure out for Google AdSense your ads won't be optimized and people will not click on your ads. This is a big factor in people not making money with Google AdSense.
Go on, and improve your hubs, there is a lot to publish and publish you must, add links and while this is a business, have a bit of fun! The only way to make money online with google AdSense is to write a great hub, and the only way to write a great hub is to hit that publish button and edit as needed. To your success!
More by this Author
What is your website really doing for you in terms of making money online. How to fix it to actually make money with your writing.
Do you think you can make a lot of money with Google AdSense in three day? Can you do it? The harder you work might mean the less you make but on hubpages it is working both harder and smarter to help you grow your...
An email came when I wrote something good about the peoples of Transylvania. It mentions the difference between Hungary, Romania and Transylvania. The question one should ask is are they correct?