Ten components of a high traffic blog.
Did you know that you could be the next success story, not just here in Hubpages, but anywhere in the world!
But, What would it take? And how would you go about making this "dream" a reality?
Well, first things first: What do you want to do or write about?
In theory we can all have the next success story of how we went from writing in several different sites, to how we became highly popular and how we got to be so rich and famous. Websites such as Hubpages and even our own blog, are knows to be a good source of income if we know how to manage them and how to "milk" them for all that their worth. There are hundreds of bloggers all over the world that have great and highly trafficked blogs because they constantly keep up with them and make sure that they are appealing to the eye!
Here are ten ways to make sure that your blog get traffic and that it stays active!
- Appearance: what do you have on you blog? Nice colors help, but a great blog that gets a lot of traffic goes far beyond just having nice colors. It has that something else that people like, and that it makes them want to stick around and read what you have to say. So think about putting together a blog that even YOU can't stop thinking about!
- Navigation: Excuse me, How do I get to the videos?? You NEVER want your readers to get turned off or dis encouraged when they visit your blog. You want them to find absolutely everything that they are looking for, and you want them to find fun surprises along the way. Just like you are able to find everything amazingly well in websites such as this one, you blog should be the exact same way!
- Communication: Do you stay or communicate in your blog often enough? Well, according to the rapidly growing population online, more than 50% of all blogger go online at least three times a day! Not to mention keeping up with twitter, Facebook and so on.. So, what are you doing? Are you receiving comments and answering them right back? You should be!
- Post, post, post! This one should be an easy concept, BUT, you can be surprised how many blogger/ writers take this for granted.. You should update your posts regularly. Successful blogs or bloggers take their job so incredibly seriously, its ridiculous to think just how much they write and keep up with their blogs.. Even worse, they are constantly making changes and trying new things out.. So, if you are not doing this: what are you waiting for!
- Social networks and more.. This is perhaps something that every blogger has talked to death about, but its true and it keeps working. Lately, I've been focusing all of my energy, on Re-Launching one of my older blogs and trying my best to promote it as much as possible. How am I doing this? By using very popular and very easy to sign up social networks. This is easier than signing up to Facebook, all you have to do is look up "popular Social bookmarking sites" pick the ones that keep coming up, and roll with it! The more you post, the more traffic you will get!
- Time, Scheduling and commitment: I may be talking too much about this, but I honestly believe and constantly see that this is something that many Bloggers and writers do not take seriously. If you had a job outside of your house, and you were asked to work 10 or 12 hours a day, you would work right??? Well, what do you think blogging is! This is how many, many people make their money and its because they spend THAT much time blogging, connecting and talking to others about what the "newest" trends are!
- Read and write whats Important: So, you think you know whats important, but in reality, or actually most of the time, many people actually just re-write articles that are already online. Why? Because it does get a lot of traffic, but it doesn't get them the attention that they are looking for. If you want to have a successful blog, or website, you need to take the time to write about the most important things. Do your research, connect or talk to people that are looking for information and redirect them back to your site! This is how thousands of people actually double their traffic within days!
- Blog forums: Do you know what these are? Well, these are like Malls online. Where people like to visit as often as they can to promote their writing. Try them!
- Last but not least: Links and what they are worth! Links are basically the easiest and best things that could have happened for any writer. With links any writer can tell people where they can go and find their articles, websites and other links if they have any. Its easy, its fast and anyone can do it!
More by this Author
This hub describes 10 reasons why people choose to work from home. Some of these reasons are standard, others are new.
How to flirt? How do you get the attention of the person that you like? In this article, I cover 10 fool proof ways that you can flirt with your crush, and take the initiative that you need to take your friendship to...
Meeting your future In-Laws for the very first time, can not only only be nerve wrecking, but it can also be hard, because it is the moment where you make your first impression on your boyfriends family. Couples like...