The Real Hub Challenge Is Readership
Please leave a comment.
Attracting the readers' attention....
Do you want your Hubs to be read? Of course you do. The challenge is to understand what makes that happen.
Titles, links, back-links, key words, sharing, promoting, and surely quality, are all important, but there is something else: quantity. The rest you can learn at your own pace at the Learning Center.
Let your production slide and the viewings will slide. The longer the lapse in production, the steeper the slide in viewings, quite likely down to long strings of zero.
1. Write and publish regularly, even if it’s just a quip, an original joke, or public comment.
2. Update your older Hubs to keep them looking timely and fresh.
3. If you receive a Comment, say thanks and reply to it.
4. Market the fact that you have material on www.hubpages.com
5. Let people know they can find your efforts by doing a web search for your HP user name.
6. See which of your Hubs can be sold or republished with a link to your HubPages.
7. Provide a link to your work each time you email someone, perhaps under your name.
8. Speak about HubPages to groups interested in writing.
9. Include a “join here” link or hand-out when possible for new Hubbers are likely to follow you.
10. Make sure to “share” your own Hubs on your social media and make them “Public”., and
11. Read and comment on other Hubbers' Hubs. They are your audience, too.
I think these “11 Tips” can be helpful for review and for application, if you feel your good Hubs are not getting the views they deserve. Most of the tips are probably not new to any of the successful “old timers.
Perhaps us “new timers” and “old new timers” can find one or more of value.
No More Rejections....
Secrets of A Freelance Writer....
Write An Effective Query Email/Letter....
More by this Author
Sight, smell, taste, touch, are all important gifts we share; but sounds take life everywhere. Hearing those sounds makes up so much of life, a precious gift for sure. Guard it well, you can't imagine being without it.
When a senator such as Utah's Senator Orin Hatch runs for a 7th term in the United States Senate, what can voters do? The answer is simple, but the outcome is in doubt!
A lack of political will over many years has set the stage for today's deportations and tomorrow's sacrifices due to America's $20 trillion national debt. Where are the realists?