Tips on HubPages #1 - Writing ideas are everywhere!
Writing ideas are everywhere! Remember that with exclamation point in order for you to be driven when writing on HubPages.
There's no need to be confused between blogs and hubs for they are inter-related. Although blogging comes first, hubbing is a more formal presentation of the subject being developed. It's a magazine-style of writing that is more lengthier than a blog.
It covers everything, except for gambling and pornography that are no-no from the rules and regulations of this online writing site.
If you can stay with my writing journey on HubPages, you'll agree that ideas just pop in whenever you need it. There is no room for memory gap, lapses perhaps. Even that problem is another idea that you can develop later.
So, linger for a minute or more. We can discuss and share important things that will help us be writing winners.
What to write
These are the topics of some hubs that I've written here on HubPages that accumulated into 400 something (plus those without ads and unpublished by the site due to some violations).
- Travel & Places - My very first hub is about the place that I've visited as a seafarer in modern-day Russia. Most hubbers are also doing it, featuring the places they've visited as tourists during their vacation spree and business itinerary. I also feature tourist spots at the local scene just like other hubbers do. Promoting one's place is becoming a trend online.
- Health - Wellness is what we want in life in this period of overwhelming amount of knowledge and ideas. Some of my health hubs were unpublished when I used inappropriate photos (HP staff concluded) that tackled about cervical and prostate cancers. So the caution is: never show vulgar photos of human private parts to avoid such punishment. Take it from me. I apologize if I violated the house rules of HubPages. Yet, I keep featuring insights on the subject because it's one of the most searched and visited topics online.
- HubPages - I'm not that kind of guru when it comes to expressing my opinion about writing on HubPages. Bits and pieces of experiences while writing hubs can be helpful to newbie on hubbing world. Defining what is really meant about hub, helping other hubbers to start, recommending it to your friends, participate in HP programs and contest can make a big difference to yourself as writer. It will make a great impact on this online writing community.
- Poetry & Fiction - Some of prolific hubbers have a book published under their name. They can really give an A-shot when it comes to personal insights with their play of words that activate our senses once we read their works. I haven't make much poems these days or even short stories. Creative writing made me do it during college days. One day, I'll also publish some of my early attempts here on HP.
- Knowledge, Tips & Ideas - The How Tos, the DIY (Do-It-Yourself) hubs and ideas that originate from you or you've overheard from other people and sources that you can't spill out...you ca write all of it.
- Food - Hubbers are all culinary experts, sort of or with some kind of winning streaks. A hub that made it to a million-mark views is a recipe on angel's cake. Thanks to that A-1 hubber! Regional dishes, exotic ones can be shared here. My personal approach is by writing series of tropical food dishes, beverages and desserts, since I came from a tropical country, Philippines.
- Personal Insights and Rants - Some may go overboard with their personal insights, but we must respect them. They have their own ways to present personal opinion and comments, even though it can hurt other hubbers' feelings. That's how rant is all about.
- News & Events - the timelines of an article can evolve into some thing that will last according to your style of presentation. I does not limit on its trending factor for a week or months but it can also be applicable the whole year round.
- Anything under the Sun - or even beneath the Earth and beyond. Literally, we can write about anything but there's always a limitation in every thing we publish here.
How to Hub
It is clear to me now; I hope for you, too.
Writing can never be this easy if you'll just follow a magazine-type of published articles that are called hubs online.
A paperless publication with millions of articles mushrooming the site gains popularity and accolades.
Since its start way back 2006, HubPages continue to inch its way to the top of online writing world.
So, if I were you, I'll join the wagon by viewing the video below for your guidance. Good luck, newbies!
How to Hub - A HubPages Guide for Noobs c/o lyrialzander
More by this Author
Jessica Cox, the first-ever female armless pilot Jessica Cox, driving her car using her feet The first week of December ,as the Advent season opens, is dedicated to all handicapped, in all forms (armless, no feet at...
Water Bonsai is the latest fad in home gardening. The beautiful twist is that you can grow the saplings of your choice inside your home due to a technology initiated by a Filipino inventor, Edwin dela Torre.
Ever heard of sweet rice cake? Perhaps not, when you're still not living here in the Philippines. Let me teach you on how to make this Filipino delicacy. Get ready with your sweet tooth.