Travel Man's Best Hubs - with Most Comments and Trending Topics the Readers Want
Is this travel_man1971?
My 2010 Year-Ender
I've been looking at my Hub Statistics and see some hubs having the most comments. I've made more than 300 hubs for more than a year of my stay as hub/blog writer on Hubpages. My topics ranges from the trending topics of the week, my personal experiences and trivialities of life.
With the help of Google Analytics, I've been able to trace the number of people who visited my hubs in more than 130 countries and territories. It also revealed the 'hot' hubs on my account that they've been following.
With this year-ender for 2010, Travel Man is posed to another year of challenge on HubPages and the changes that he will face onwards.
It was September 2009....
My curiosity on Hubpages was aroused when I googled the word 'hub'. "Did you mean HubPages?" This was the clarified question of Google Search. I opened the first link and there it was...I was lured to sign-up on this virtual writing community.
And the rest is history.
Writing with a pen name as travel_man1971, I've learned the odds and ends of being a hubber.
What's the difference between a writer and a hubber? Nothing much, I will say. It's more like I'm a writer-hubber and blogger at the same time.
Travel Man's Home
Travel Man hails at Baliuag Nuevo, Minalabac, Camarines Sur. It's like a bubble view of the world, where you can enjoy the scenery around his place.
Travel Man's recent photo (27Nov2010)
My Hubs with Most Comments
Some of my hubs that created impressions among my fellow hubbers and readers are the following:
- The Strangest Places in the USA - It is nominated as one of HubNugget's topics during the last quarter of 2009. It's also my most researched hub to date.
- Baby Herbal Soup in China - a Hoax? - It's just an e-mail sent to me by my cousin, with those horrible photos that I've searched for it's authenticity.
- Maria Venus Raj: Her Bumpy Journey into the Road of Miss Universe Beauty Pageant 2010 - She almost grab the title, but, her 'MAJOR, MAJOR' answer just got her the fourth runner-up. Most comments came from intranet users of those readers who are not registered HP users or hubbers. My friend in Japan told me that he used to visit my hub because of the beautiful photos of the candidates; and the videos, too!
- The Hidden Danger of Eating Street Food - I don't want to discourage the public on eating food being vended on the streets. I just heard a news about it's danger on televesion and developed it as a hub.
- The Hot Springs of Albay - Although, it didn't won an award on the HP contest regarding travels, its Hubscore reached 100! I wrote about the blow-by-blow events that happened during my visit at the two 'hot springs' in Manito, Albay; just overlooking the Mayon Volcano on the other side of Manito bay.
- Cyber Bullying: A Threat to Everyone - This hub caught the attention of my Facebook friends. Some of them have been victims of cyber bullies, including me. I also made a Group Page advocating against this virtual abuse. This also caught the attention of ABS-CBN to feature a segment on Cyber Bullying through Ted Failon's weekly show, Failon Ngayon (Failon Today). It was his researcher Sharmaine Yu who called me at home and informed me about their topic. One hubber whose wiriting a thesis asked me my true name as her reference. This is the most trending topic to date.
- Is your child a gifted one? - I received inquiries, rather than comments, from parents who wanted their children be tested on giftedness. Some even shared their excitement of being proud parents on their gifted children.
- Who is Nick Vujicic? - This hub is an inspirational article about a famous motivational speaker, without arms and limbs, but continue to draw more God believers than any other preachers.
- World's Scariest Roads - This hub features the most treacherous, steepest, roughest roads ever traveled around the world. This is a travel advisory which broadcasts warnings if you want to travel by road in those countries, including Philippines.
- How to make an organic soap at home - This hub offers the most pratical way to re-make or reconstitute your bath soap at home.
Among my 300+ hubs, these are some of my most-read or visited articles that also drew comments from fellow hubbers and readers.
Just lately, I've been closely monitoring some of the news around the world that also affects me as a hubber and an individual who's eager to participate in any topics being talked about in the neighborhood.
The clash between North and South Korea, the hostage crisis in the Philippines, the Travel Advisory that superpower countries issued....these are some of the topics I've been following.
Health hubs are always an 'in' thing on HubPages. It's been a yearlong topic and often draw more comments than any other things. I've also written hubs about it, being the trending topic on HubMob Weekly.
With the results being given by Google Analytics, I am closely following what I've written and see the most 'hot issues' that readers are visiting on my Hubpages account.
How to Hub - A HubPages Guide for Noobs c/o lyrialzander
What other hubbers did showcasing their notable hubs
- The View Inside My Head During a 30 Hubs in 30 Days ...
I want to play tour guide and take you inside my head on a typical day during the 30 Hubs in 30 Days Challenge. Fair Warning: My brain looks more like a hoarder's domain than a beachfront cabana.
- My Thirty Hubs In Thirty Days
When I first learned about the Hub Challenge of publishing thirty hubs in thirty days, I took quite a bit of time to read the main forum thread. I was amazed at what some Hubbers had successfully done, publishing a slew of hubs. I noticed that...
More by this Author
Circumcision in the Philippines happens every summer to help teenagers for the personal hygiene and entry to manhood or rites of passage.
Water Bonsai is the latest fad in home gardening. The beautiful twist is that you can grow the saplings of your choice inside your home due to a technology initiated by a Filipino inventor, Edwin dela Torre.
Aside from raising your own children, or just starting a family, why not indulge yourself into another interesting hobby: raising herds of ducks in your own home at your backyard? This will be suitable for you while...