Tutorial How To Target Links in Hubpages
Creating Targeted Links
It has been a year or more since the Google Panda Bear created a backlash on all the author mills, including Hubpages. In order to conform and get back onto high google search engine ratings, the regular options to post and target links on Hubpages have drastically changed.
These updated features have been replaced with a method that has no instructions and needs someone to teach us how to use the functions. Perhaps all this information can be found in the tutorial section of Hubpages. But, I'm simply updating this HP for the benefit of my regular followers.
You will see how to insert HTML code to create a targeted link to open in a new window on your browser. I assume most people know how to do this, but just in case any newbies have not been taught the method, you can scan the images to learn how.
- Take a look at the Image capture above, which shows some sample text from the last day of my 30-Day Challenge Hubpages.
- I want the link for "Anish92" to open in a new window, rather than opening in the same "parent" window, which would mean that the reader would not be able to finish reading the flow of ideas in the story.
- Why would I want someone to go away from my hub?
- Notice the CAPSULE Subtitle at the top. This is a great place to set that information apart from the rest of your text and you will also have some 'heading' code automatically place into the html for better SEO.
- Next view the text section and you will see the blue text indicating a linked phrase or word. That's what we want to edit.
- Please put on your thinking caps now, because I will be showing new demonstration images. The old illustrations no longer apply with the drastic changes since one year ago. Follow me to the next set of illustrations.
- The red boxed illustration of the text (shown above) will take us to the next step in the process. We will figure out how to link the 30-Day Challenge Hubpages as a new targeted link.
The picture above shows what happens when you click on any blue highlighted text indicated a linked word or phrase.
- First you see the URL with the title.
- Besides that you see "UPDATES" as you are expected to make your link to any corrections or changes there.
- You may use the SEARCH section to enter key words in order to search for an appropriate link
- Now we have three options from which to choose: Your own hubs with similar keywords, Amazon links, or other hubs from members
- Listed underneath those options are all the titles from which to choose.
Four Easy StepsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Instructions to Make The Targeted Link
Click each thumbnail image above one at a time.
- You probably have the idea now to click the little chain link on the gray menu bar to get to the URL of any highlighted blue text. Arrow points to chain-link icon to add a targeted link. The broken link will remove a targeted link.
- Click the EDIT BUTTON and up pops the next illustration. Click the HTML button on the menu bar.
- You will see the code for the text in that capsule section. Search for the <a href = information. The linked URL is within the open and close carrots or you might call them the greater or less than symbols.
- The fourth illustration tells you how to make the page open in a new window. Simply add the code after the URL and parenthesis as such... target="_blank" ... it is highlighted in blue.
- Once that's done and you hit the SAVE button, you will get the last message about coding. Click OKAY and you're done.
LAST RESORT WITHOUT PROGRAMMING
If you are reading the work of other people on their hubs or elsewhere on the internet, you may prefer to enable the linked text to open in a new tab or new window.
As a reader, you can simply do this by RIGHT-CLICKING your mouse. I happen to prefer the author creating this automatic experience.
Was this helpful?See results without voting
Comments 27 comments
Related Questions and Tutorials
- Twitter Update Status Image Two
Testing the Hubpages Link Options to open up a new window. Nope. You can't even use the automated list of link do this task. This still doesn't solve the problem in the 'in text' links.
- Twitter Update Image One
Testing the automated link to outside Hubpages website.
- I Survived the 30 Hubs in 30 Days Challenge
Anaya M. Baker from North Carolina wrote about her experience on the 30-Day Challenge increasing her shear volume of hubs and also income from adsense.
- Are links to HubPages 'No Follow'?
Listing of the answers to the question: Are links to HubPages 'No Follow'?And what does 'No Follow' mean exactly? Are they totally worthless? How do you get 'Do follow' links - without much effort!!
- How I Refer, Link and Share Hubpages with Friends, Family, Business Associates and Colleagues
Tutorial How many ways can you share your Hubpages?
- Did You Get Your FaceBook Event Invitation? Change Y...
April 4, 2011 Day 4 of the Hubpages ChallengeI Please update your FaceBook Feed so friends can see your update status and you can see theirs, too.
- Hubpages Follow Love Tutorial
If you would like to continue to follow the comments of others on a particular hub, just click the
About the Author
Debby Bruck, CHOM founded Homeopathy World Community social network. Debby believes that homeopathy is the wave of the future that provides hope and healing to those who have tried every other approach. Follow Debby on Twitter.
Disclaimer: This Information is for Educational Purposes Only
- The information on this blogsite is posted for educational purposes only, and not intended to constitute medical or legal advice. As with any important medical or legal matter, you are advised to consult an experienced health care provider and/or knowledgeable attorney concerning your specific health & vaccine exemption or waiver concerns.
- No attorney-client relationship or doctor-patient relationship is intended, implied or created by the posting or viewing of information on this site; nor is a doctor-patient or an attorney-client relationship created by the submission or exchange of questions or information via email or otherwise with Debby Bruck
- Readers are responsible for their use of information provided on this blog or linked to from this site. Debby Bruck assumes no liability for the same.
- Debby Bruck has made reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of information on this blog site, but absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.
- Always check with your health care provider
- If You Enjoy Hubpages You may want to Join Now.
More by this Author
Homeopathy is an unfolding of discoveries to explain observable effects we see transpire in patients. Homeopaths observe and utilize these experiences, yet cannot fully explain in using today's scientific model the...
What's it all About? This Hubpages highlights some unusual activity on this network, that I'm sure will be ironed out before we know it. However, I wanted to get some feedback from other HP members to see if they were...
A frontier in medical treatment. Bloodless Surgery for transplants, trauma, injury and more.