Using Flickr For Backlinks
Probably without exception all writers on hubpages are out to improve traffic to their hub. Sometimes this will be to improve clicks on Google Adsense whilst for others it is simply nice to know that someone has visited the hub.
There are any number of ways to increase the number of visitors to your Hub. Some are quite labour intensive and involve writing another article or re-writing and posting elsewhere linking back to your hub.
One of the quickest, easiest and reliable ways to create a permament backlink to your hub is to use Flickr. It does not matter if you are a signed up member of Flickr as long as you use the photographs that are freely available under Creative Commons and you credit the photographer. Presently there are over eleven million photographs on Flickr. You are bound to find at least one to accompany your Hub
Take a look at this Explanation. It will let you know which photographs you can freely use.
- Write your hub
- Choose a relevant photograph on Flickr
- Load the photo into one of your capsules
- Use the photographs http link under the photograph. Along the lines of Photo By: http;//www.12ew45gt
- Go back to the photograph on Flickr
- In the comment box beneath the Flick Photograph write something along the lines of "I am using this photograph in my hub at (insert the hub title and link). Many thanks.
- You should then press the the 'post comment' button.
- That's it. Anyone of the many people who view the photograph at Flickr may see your link and may click on it. They may not of course but the link will remain for a hundred years unless deleted.
It is of course a two way flow. You and the photographer both benefit. Anyone visiting your hub who sees the photograph can link back to the photographer and see more of his/her work.
Go on give it a try. Easy to do. You can always go and edit one of your old hubs today using a new photograph from Flickr.
Follow up the links under each of the photographs I have used as examples on this hub. Scroll down the comments and look for mine.
More by this Author
Bali Safari and Marine Park is an increasingly popular tourist attraction for visitors to Bali Indonesia. Set in a lush and beautiful location it makes for an interesting day out.
Actually The Sex Hubs is a little bit of a misnomer. True enough the subject rears its head ever so slightly in these hubs, though often the word does not. There are no hubs here with pornographic content, there is...
Malabon Zoo is a popular private zoo located within Metro Manila. Easily reachable by the Manila metro it makes an interesting alternative to Manila Zoo.