Should We Care About Our Website? 15 More Ways to Increase Traffic
15 More Ways To Build Your Traffic
1) Better Links: This is the beginning of the most important aspect on writing online. Write a hub and develop a plan to link it to at least three other hubs, blogs, and websites, (of yours) and social networking site. Don't have these things? work on that. Adding links is one of the best ways to increase traffic to a hub. This Is your business so do the work and others will follow, but put the links on your blogs and profile on hubpages, this is a business, so promote your business to increase traffic and make money.
2) Understand Keywords: keywords are the heart and soul of google. Google can not find you without keywords. Internet surfers will not find you without good keywords. You don't-- rather shouldn't-- over use a specific word. This won't help. Look in Google AdWords to help you out. With Google AdWords you can type in your website or hub or keywords and get a general idea of what might drive traffic, this is a guide not an answer, so it is to be used with other methods. Google is the search engine you should target for traffic but also look into MSN and yahoo, as the more sources of traffic in terms of keywords and search engines the better.
Writing on Forums and SEO
3) Forums Good and Ugly: Some will argue that using forums is a great thing, but if your hub is not preforming well, why sit and spend 5 hours a day on a forum when you can work on your hub to make it better and get the traffic.
Yes forums have a place, but they are not to be used every day for hours on end, or even every couple of days, they are addictive, and you can get lost in them. They will not increase traffic. Only you can increase traffic and that is by writing great hubs. The content of your hubs and your other online articles need to inform and make the reader care about what you are saying, and you will also need to work with other things-- such as the search engines for people to find your work.
4) SEO (Search Engine Optimization): A title is just a title except when it's got a few of your keywords in it, and then it's a good way to be found on search engines. For example a series with the same or slightly different title will most often be found together when typing in one of the titles on the Google search engine.
This is a great way to increase traffic and also have several hubs of the same subject. This is useful since on hubpages you can edit your hubs title just not the URL that you began with. Now other writers have pointed out the flip side to my suggestion if you have the same title (or very close to it) over and over and over again this can (and sometimes does) affect your Google rankings and Google doesn't like duplicate content, it also does not like content which is not up to date or is not useful to your reader, so . So don't get to giddy with titles and reusing them. Change is sometimes good.
On Publishing a Hub and Making Money
5) Understand Hubpages and Making Money Online: Hubpages does not pay you to write, sorry so don't think that by writing a great hub you will get money or traffic or followers. That is up to you and google and marketing. The simple fact is that we as writers need to market our work and that is by writing great hubs and then linking between our hubs and working our hubs to get some traffic from google and the social networking sites. Publish your hub and then promote your hub. This will get you traffic and make you money online.
6) Get and Increase Traffic Through Some Different Sources: The only way to get traffic is to find places to put your hub as a promotion. Put your Hub on Social Networking Sites, such as Stumble Upon and Twitter, but also on your email signature, and on your other hubs by adding a link, but also find ways to add it to your blog, all of these have different people who will find your hub, and it is a different traffic source and an extra link. the most important is getting these traffic sources, otherwise you will only have one source of traffic and in this business that is fatal.
Traffic and Content
7) Understand What Helps Get Traffic.. And What Doesn't: This is a vital part to traffic some writers assume that since they have say 2,000 followers all of them will come and comment and/ or click on a google ad, or ad a link, or simply come because it's them. That isn't how it works, sometimes the topic you are writing about doesn't interest all of your readers, and sometimes some people aren't active in the hubpages world or on the Internet often. Traffic is helped by keywords, content and comments, work with these, if you have good content someone will add a link or tell others, it all hinges on content.
It also helps to get some links, done with quality and written on different domains, so for example to get traffic, you will want to add a link to a social networking site, and then to an article writing site, and then to another online writing site, so that you have a larger audience.
8) Make sure You Understand What Content IS: Content is what is written in a hub, it should be many things at once, but it can be funny, useful or something that can help you. Learn what makes you unique and work with that content.
Content is not spam, or something which you do not get a lot of comment, but it is something that you can come back to over the course of years and still find use in many of the comments and suggestions made to you by the author of the website.
9) Big Text? Too Much!: Some people do this, and it's hard on the eyes and the head. They write a 2,000 word hub in one or two paragraphs. This is bad, not only does it seem challenging to the reader, but people are often turned off in reading the whole thing. Yes you can write a hub that is even 5,000 words (not that I recommend this...) but break it up put a picture or three, add polls, anything to break up the text, once I did this, I got more traffic, and more comments.
10) Understand Evergreen content: Some people call it evergreen content, and some call it, a better traffic getter, and some find it helps with SEO and search engine traffic, whatever you want to call it, this is a basic hub that can be seen at anytime, and still be useful. How to hubs are great for this, and now with the editing button, you can fix up changes. (google how to are famous for needing editing.) Use the evergreen content wisely, as you will often need to fix up certain points. Over time you ill see traffic go up and down, but there will always be some traffic to an evergreen hub.
11) Editing is a Must: Okay I admit I should really look at my hubs for this one, but it is so true, I need to go and edit many of my hubs. Still If one does not try to hit spell check.. hm think people won't comment on how the content is worse because of poor editing. I know that sometimes there is a point to a misspelling, a keyword that you want google to see, or something else, but for the most part, a misspell is a misspell. Edit as best you can and recheck before publishing your hub.
12) Publish that Hub Already!: There is a fine line of writing a hub, some people are perfectionists, and there is no way that a hub can be perfect, edit it, and fix it up, but if it's been unpublished for weeks, that isn't helping you. So publish that hub and get some traffic there. Yes there is a time when you should fix up a hub, but that is after you publish a hub, so jump int eh water and publish a hub. I wouldn't recommend publishing 4 or 5 hubs a day unless you are really really good. So one or two a week is great to start off with. Besides google can't find you if you don't publish your hub!
13)Traffic Cycles and Google: There is a cycle to life, and there is such a thing as a traffic cycle online. There are some days when traffic will be slower and some days when traffic just doesn't seem to stop. This is the essence of a traffic cycle. use this to your advantage, as each hub, and blog and website are unique there are no hard and fast cycle I can point to, but I'll give a basic example Monday to Friday are so busy you don't know what to do with yourself.
Saturday and Sunday you wish you'd get a comment, anything, so a great way to do this is to publish a hub and promote it on say Saturday to get the ball rolling for Monday. Goggle might even be able to get a couple of links by Monday thereby allowing you to get traffic through Google. knowing when your traffic rises and ebbs allows you to edit and fix up on the slower days.
14) Interactive Work: Why do some put hubs with polls or several spots for comments? Because for the simplest reason they want to make it more interactive, Personally I like polls, but quizzes are just as good and this gets people talking. The best part is that it makes people stay a bit longer on your hub which is good for google since google takes into account how long people stay on a sight.
It is all about your reader, and they are your traffic and your source of income, and therefore should be allowed to have a say in what they see. They have a choice not come, or leave fast, or do something there. Give them a good choice-- to stay on your website.
15) Make the Reader Love it Anyway: it's simple when when you publish a hub, you need to make the reader love it. Some will and some won't, and some simply won't care, but focus on the positive, you are getting traffic and that is a good thing right? When the reader cares, they will come back and they will mention your hub to others and this is good for business and traffic and some times even a bit more money. Make us care.
That is how you get traffic to come back again and again.
To your online business success.
More by this Author
The amazon affiliate program is not complex, but it is somewhat harder to work with than Google AdSense. By far I can say most of my income comes from Google AdSense, but like all businesses and writing is one of them,...
15 ways to increase traffic to your websites or on hubpages.com. Simple and easy to follow.
An email came when I wrote something good about the peoples of Transylvania. It mentions the difference between Hungary, Romania and Transylvania. The question one should ask is are they correct?