How To Get More Traffic to Your Blogs: Secrets To Get More Readers Interaction and Comments
Is There a Secret To Getting Attention on The Internet As A Blogger?
You may have noticed that some Hubbers get More Attention on HubPages than others...
They get More Comments, More Traffic, More Followers and their Hubber Score Tends to be Higher. What's Going On? Is There A Secret that I Don't Know About?
The answer to this question is YES! There are Several Secrets for Getting More Attention on HubPages!
This Hub Article Discusses the Secrets That Get Attention On HubPages and The World Wide Web.
We will take a look at What Makes those Hubbers get Noticed and Why.
Learn How To Get Noticed Online, Right Now!
What Can I Do To Stand Out and Get More Attention On My Blogs? What Are the Secrets To Getting More Traffic and Visitor Interaction?
Resources For Building Traffic
There Are Different Types of Bloggers with Different Intentions and Motivations
The first thing you must recognize is that HubPages is a huge online community and is very diverse. Not all Hubbers are interested in "being popular" or making friends. Others want to be the center of attention (no, not Me!)
When you understand that there are different people from all walks of life on HubPages, you will be able to see the big picture. Let's look at some of the different types of people that Publish on HubPages:
- Single Moms and Dads
- Auto Mechanics
- Technical Writers
- Fiction and Non Fiction Writers
- Freelance Writers
- People Who Use English as a Second Language
- Religious and Non Religious
- Arts and Crafters
- Motorcycle and Automobile Enthusiasts
- Web Designers
- College Students
- Political Activists
- TV Junkies
- People in Recovery from Chemical Dependence
- So Many More People From All Walks of Life!
As you can see, this is just a brief list of who is on HubPages. The list could go on and on, but I think you get the point! People from all walks of life decide to join HubPages, and each person has their own individual reasons for joining the site.
How Can I be Noticed In This Vast Ocean of Creativity?
Cast Your Vote Here!
Do You Like To Be the Center of Attention?See results without voting
So What Are the Secrets?
OK, I get it! There are many different types of people who join HubPages and each one of them has their own motivations and reasons for writing and publishing on the site.
What makes the people who get the attention, Get The Attention?
Let's explore some of the Secrets of their Success:
Creating Evergreen Content Will Bring Readers Over Time, Not Overnight...
Secret #1: Quality Content In Your Hubs: Don't Settle For Less!
You will notice that the "In-Crowd" on HubPages all have one thing in common: Quality Content!
How is "Quality Content" defined?
There are certain elements that are present to create and distribute quality content. No matter how pretty your Profile Photo is or how catchy your Hubber Name and Profile are, that alone will not maintain readership. Great Content Gets Readership!
Here are Some of the Elements of Great Content:
- Evergreen Content is content that is not limited to a period of time. Evergreen content is content that will be searched and enjoyed for many years and never goes out of style. Examples of Evergreen Content are Recipes, Holiday Hubs (even though they occur for a short time of the year, traffic will increase around the time of the holiday, so they are "Evergreen"), "How-To" Hubs on topics that people search for year round. Anything that is interesting and is searched anytime of the year can be considered Evergreen.
- Article Length is important. Most Hubs should be at least 500 words. Hubs that have 1500+ words have the added bonus of getting better search results in search engines than shorter articles on the same subject.
- Article Presentation and Looks are probably the most important aspects to getting people to read your Hubs. Messy, unorganized Hubs with spelling errors and grammar problems will present the author as lazy and incompetent. One of the best things that you can do to improve the look of your article is to Break Up Text into Several Text Capsules. This makes the article look "clean" and easy to read and not a long boring paragraph. Another benefit to breaking up your text is that you can add Photos, Videos, and Ads to the different text boxes. This also makes the article look neater and allows for a more effective presentation.
Always Carry Your Camera With You...You Never Know What You May Find!
Secret #2: Original Photos and Video Add To Your Quality of Content!
Do you take your Own Photos and Add them to your Hub Articles?
If not, you're missing out! Adding High Quality Original Photos has many benefits. Here are just a few:
- Original Photos Draw Attention to your Hubs!
- Original Photos are Unique!
- People are Drawn to Great Photos!
- Adding Original Photos will Increase Hub Score and will add to the Quality of your Hub Content.
- Search Engines Love Original Photos and High Quality Content!
- You Can Show Others "How to Do" Something in a Visual Form.
There are many other benefits to adding your own original photos to your Hubs. As you add your original pictures in relation to your Hub Content, you will see the benefits of your efforts.
Here Are a Few Tips for Those Who Are Not "Professional" Photographers:
- Buy A Decent Digital Camera Within Your Budget.
- Buying Digital is a Must for people who want to Publish Quality Photos Online, Quick and Easy!
- Do your Research Before You Buy!
- Once You Buy a Camera, Read the User's Manual and Read It Until You Understand the Functions of the Camera!
- Practice Taking Photos Before You Publish them!
- Many Environmental Variables can influence the Quality of a Photo, particularly, Light.
- Bring Your Camera With You Everywhere!
- You Never Know When or Where the Perfect Photo Opportunity Will Arise!
Using Original Photos will help you get More Traffic to your Blogs!
Quality Original Video
HubPages has now introduced a Brand New Video Feature site-wide! This is going to change the Future of Online Publishing forever!
HubPages will now be able to compete on the Online Video Market but we have an advantage: We can add Hub Content to our videos while other sites can't!
We can promote our videos with all the other features that Hubs already have:
- Text Capsules that can explain what the video is about
- Photos that support the Video Hub
- HubPages Earnings Program Ads
- You will still be able to add Charts and Tables, Quizzes and Polls
- Additional Earning Potential on the Video Itself!
The benefits to creating Video Hubs are obvious and it will be interesting to see how well this program does competing with other sites over time. If you don't want to publish your own Video Hubs, there is still a Video Option available!
Adding Videos to your Hubs can be done without the Hub itself being considered a Video Hub. You can add videos to your Hubs as you write them or you can even go back to your older Hubs and Add Video to them which will make them more content valuable. Anyone who is serious about getting readers should consider adding video appeal to their Hubs!
Do You Have Original Videos In Your Hubs?
Reading Makes You Smarter!
Secret #3: Reading and Commenting On Other Hubbers' Hubs
Not all of the "Attention Getters" on Hub Pages read or comment on other's Hub Articles. In fact, I have seen a few successful Hubbers that make a lot of money on HubPages, yet they don't even have a Level I Commenter Accolade.
Something else I have noticed, is that Most of the successful people on HubPages do tend to comment on other's Hubs. Leaving interesting and insightful comments on other people's Hubs is a great way to form relationships where both sides benefit.
Leaving comments that thank the author or praise them for their work validates them as an author. You can share with them what you learned or liked from their article, make some suggestions, or even appropriately debate a different point of view.
Commenting on other Hubbers' Hubs is one of the quickest ways to get readership and comments to your own Hubs and adds value to the HubPages Community as a whole
Secret #4: Creating and Sharing On Social Networks
Simply put, the more you get out there, the more activity you will receive. Sharing on the Internet is like Karma; You Get back what you Put In; What Goes Around, Comes Around! If you create Social Networks selectively, you have a chance of creating a wealth of resources that will enjoy reading and sharing your work.
Here are some Tips for Social Networking:
- Follow Selectively: Don't follow just to get followers. This applies to HubPages and any other Social Media Sharing Sites.
- Join Twitter, Facebook and other Popular Social Network Sites: This is where the Readers are! There are many sites that allow you to share your content and content you enjoyed reading from other authors. If you are not on Social Media as a Writer then you are Missing a Big Piece of the Traffic Pie!
- Never Spam your followers or friends (or anyone for that matter!) Constantly updating your status or repetitive and redundant sharing makes you look bad and desperate!
- Don't Become Obsessed with Social Media Sites or your time for writing Quality Material will vanish! Set a time aside from working where you will want to explore what your friends are up to. Then you can re-share what they shared as you want.
- Share From The Source. Once you read and comment on a Hub, that is the best time to share it. You may otherwise forget or go crazy trying to find the right link.
Does Sharing Really Work?
Secret #5: Respond to Comments on Your Hubs!
You don't have to respond to comments on your Hubs. In fact, you can even shut comments off if you want to. But why would you want to do that! When a person leaves a comment on one of your Hubs they are generally looking to do one of the following:
- Comment on your Hard Work and Effort
- Agreeing or Disagreeing with a Point you have made
- Spamming you (which can be deleted!)
- Acknowledging that they Read your article
- Trying to Build Online Friendships and Relationships with other Like-Minded Authors to Create a Network of Sharing
I suppose that there can be other reasons for leaving a comment, but I have found these few to be the most common.
Answering Comments Left by Others On Your Hubs Can Be Very Rewarding:
- It shows the reader that you appreciate them stopping by your Hubs
- It shows that you Value Their Opinions and for taking the time to comment
- It adds a "Human" Element to your articles
- Creates Relationships for Future Readership. Many Hubbers will not go back to a Hubber's Hubs if they don't respond to their comments.
- Generates More Followers
- Adds Additional Content to Your Article
- Shows Future Readers how much your Hub is Valued by others in the Community
If you are on HubPages just to write and try to make some money then don't worry about leaving comments. If you Joined HubPages for the Whole HubPages Experience, then participating in the Community through Comments is a Must!
Use Original Artwork and Photos to Attract Readers to Your Blogs and Articles
You Might Win Some Money In A Contest!
Challenge Yourself by Entering Contests and Taking Hub Challenges!
When you enter a contest you are submitting your work to a panel of Judges and many other Hubbers will read your article to see what they are up against!
What does this mean?
More Traffic and Exposure to your Hubs + More Comments = More Attention!
Taking a Hub Challenge is another great way to challenge yourself while getting support from fellow Hubbers. There are several Hub Challenges including:
- 30 Hubs in 30 Days Challenge
- 15 Hus in 30 Days Challenge
- 100 Hubs in 30 Days Challenge
HubPages hosts several Contests throughout the year. Real Money Prizes are Awarded and you get a few benefits from competing in a contest:
- Refining and Honing Your Style
- Working with a Deadline
- More Exposure
- Potential Winnings
- More Articles = More Revenue!
When you Attempt a Hub Challenge or Enter a Contest You Have Nothing To Loose! Consider Joining the Contest or Starting a Challenge Today!
Joining HubPages is Good For Your Health
More by this Author
- 1017How Do I Get Started On HubPages? Guidelines To Get Noticed by Writing and Publishing Evergreen SEO Hub Page Articles
A How-To Guide to understanding HubPages and getting started with publishing online and getting traffic to your Hubs. If you want to be noticed on HubPages and get readers to comment on your work, then this is the best...
- 187How to Make Money Writing a Blog on HubPages: Earn Money Online With Creative Articles and Affiliate Advertising
A Guide to the basics of making money on HubPages through the various Ad and Affiliate Programs and How To Sign Up for and Use each Program. Programs include eBay and Amazon as well as the HubPages Earnings Program.
Learn about cast iron cookware and its benefits and how to season, clean, and store it.