Best Online Writing Site - 30 Great Things about HubPages
What's so great about HubPages?
Not very long ago, I saw this question asked: What do you like about HubPages? I'm sure that every hubber on here could answer that question with a number of answers. Many of the responses would be similar because HubPages is a great site. As for me, why do I personally like HubPages? Gosh, there are so many reasons. I don't mind sharing. How about 30 to start with?
Thumbs Up to HubPages!
30 of My Top Reasons for Liking HubPages
Here are thirty of my top reasons for enjoying writing on HubPages. Perhaps you could add some additional ones.
1. HubPages is a cool name.
2. You can write about a variety of topics.
3. You can get feedback on your writing almost immediately.
4. You learn about online resources.
5. You can meet people from all over the world.
6. It doesn't take long to develop your own online writers' support group.
7. It's exciting to see your work in print!
8. It's great to read other types of writing.
9. Writers get ideas of what to write about.
10. We can learn new info from informative hubs.
11. It's a great learning experience in which we can improve upon our mistakes.
12. We can revise as much as we want (see number 11).
13. There's always the hope to make money on this site.
14. It's exciting to learn about different cultures.
15. I meet some really cool people.
More Reflections about Writing on HubPages
- Getting Over the Fear of Writing Your First Hub
Fear is definitely a factor in procrasination. Writing my first hub came after months of researching the site and reading other writers' hubs. At some point, you just have to start writing!
- 6 Best Reasons for Writers to Join HubPages
Why join HubPages? Many writers join HubPages to earn money, but there are actually many more reasons to join this community of writers.
16. Of course I meet really talented people.
17. I have even met some really caring people.
18. And some of the people I meet are really funny!
19. It's cool to meet fellow writers on this journey.
20. Believe it or not, friends on HubPages often become more real than friends on Facebook.
21. Once you make a few cents, you can say, I'm a writer.
22. Or, another cool thing you can say, "I'm a freelance writer."
23. HubPages is a great excuse to spend hours on the computer.
24. HubPages is free to use!
25. You can tell people nonchalantly that you've been doing a lot of writing (cool, mysterious writer).
26. If you embarrass yourself too much on HubPages, at least you can feel pretty certain that you can avoid ever seeing your fellow hubbers again.
27. You are building a great portfolio of writing samples.
28. Sometimes someone does a Google search and comes up with YOUR article. How cool is that?
29. You feel part of a caring and supportive community.
30. It sounds so much cooler to say that you write "hubs" rather than "lenses" or "wizzes"? Or whatever those other sites call their articles. "Happy hubbing" sounds cool. What does happy lensing mean? Or happy squidooing? Happy squidding? And happy wizzing just sounds too personal. Happy wizzing? Seriously?
Join HubPages and start writing!
HubPages is your online space to share your advice, reviews, useful tips, opinions and insights with hundreds of other authors. HubPages is completely free, and you can even earn online ad revenue!
Oops . . . #31!
And the number one reason I like HubPages...(drumroll, please)... is simply all you people reading this. Okay, maybe it's not the number one reason--or maybe it is--but it's a darn good and special reason. Oops, that was number 31. Well, having all of you folks reading this right now is a bonus.
Glad you read this one. Please comment below if you'd like to mention some of your own reasons for liking or loving HubPages! Maybe I can add yours to mine and get up to FIFTY reasons to like HubPages!
Disclaimer: No disrespect was intended toward other writing sites. I do love HubPages, but I have nothing against those other places. My humor--or sarcasm--is all in fun! Happy hubbing!
More by this Author
Can you make money online? Am I making money? Sure,I am. Follow progress on Hubpages and online writing. More is possible, and I have many supporters to thank.
Should you use your real photo as your profile picture if you're a professional writer? Is it okay to use photos with your children or pets? What about a cartoon character or other avatar? This hub explores the...
To be extremely frugal, frugality has to be a lifestyle. Besides frugal and thrifty living, you have to cut things out of your budget and sacrifice. There are also ways to make extra money to add to your budget....