This hub lists frequently asked questions about hubtrails - the place that links the World in hubpages!
1. What is Hubtrails?
Hubtrails is a collection of travel hubs from around the world. They are written by many different hubbers.
2. Can I join anytime?
Yes, write a travel hub and join it to the trail.
3. I’ve already published a travel article at hubpages can I include it in hubtrails?
Yes, you can include it.
Just add the appropriate tags, RSS feed and the search engines will pick it up.
Capstone Hubtrail Hubs
4. What is a capstone hubtrail?
A capstone is a general or overview hub of a country, state or city e.g. in the United States, hubbers have written capstones for Alabama, Arizona, Florida etc.
In Europe there are capstone hubs for Paris and Ireland to name just a few.
There are country hubs for New Zealand, France and USA to name just a few.
5. Do I have to write a capstone before I can publish my hub in hubtrails?
No you don’t. However, if you have written several articles for one country, area, state or city then writing a capstone hub for them to go under is good practice.
6. How do I find out if someone else has written a capstone for my country/state?
A quick search on HubPages for the appropriate tag e.g. Hubtrail-Pennsylvania will show all hubs written for that state.
7. Where can I go for more hubtrail information?
Ohma has written an excellent hub outlining the important information for hubtrails. Ohma came up with the idea for the hubtrail.
8. Is there a world map showing hubtrail hubs?
Yes there is. Check the link here.
9. I’ve published my hubtrail, how do I get it included on the hubtrail world map?
Once your hubtrail has been published, the hubtrail map administrators will update the map.
10. Why are tags so important for hubtrails?
The Hubpages tags allows us to utilise RSS feeds of similar articles.
It is very important to include the appropriate tags so that your hub can be sorted into the correct feed. The correct tags provide the information so that your hubtrail will be picked up and featured on the websites being used to promote The Hubtrail.
Tags are Important for Hubtrail
What are the Continent tags?
10. The continent tags to use are:
- hubtrail-Australasia (just for Australia and New Zealand)
12. What is the RSS feed and why must I include this link?
An RSS feed connects your travel hubtrail to other hubtrail hubs. It will update regularly so the feed shown on your hubtrail will change automatically.
There are two RSS URL feeds you can include in your hubtrail hub.
- One is for hot travel hubs and the link is http://hubpages.com/tag/HubTrail/hot/?rss
- The other is for best travel hubs and the link is http://hubpages.com/tag/HubTrail/best/?rss
You choose just one. Set the number of RSS feeds to 8, and the change the display just the first message.
RSS feeds also creates backlinks for other articles on your page. They are updated frequently.
If you found this hub useful, please rate it up and pass it on to others. Writers love feedback so comments are always appreciated.
If you have any other hubtrail questions, please just ask and I will try to answer them. Thank you.
More by this Author
Sydney, Australia has some great flea markets with unique character. During the time I lived in Sydney, I found a few flea markets and here is an outline of some of the favorites. Also included are ideas of how to get...
Summer camp jobs are a great way to get some work experience, have fun and travel the world. One way is to teach English abroad and this article gives lots of tips and ideas of how to get one of those good summer jobs...
This funny how to remove girl wedgies story gives smart advice for removing them in public and relative privacy of the elevator.