Yahoo! Answers - Seek, and Ye Shall Find Traffic!
Seek and Ye Shall Find Traffic!
Yahoo! Answers is a great way to improve traffic to your hubs, blogs and websites. Not only will it improve traffic it is fun too! You will be providing answers and you can also seek and find answers to your own questions as well. Building an account is free and easy. Once you advance beyond the first level any links you include will become active. These links can lead to the topics you write about. Thus, improving and generating traffic.
This hub will guide you through the quick sign-up process as well as tips for use.
Remember, seek, and ye shall find traffic!
How to Yahoo!
- Set up an account
- Ask Questions and Answer Questions
- Points and Levels
- Vote for Best Answer
- Tips & Tricks
Image of Current Registration Page
Step 1. Register!
Registering on Yahoo! is SUPER easy. Yahoo! gives you a choice of creating a new account or signing up with a current account from Facebook, Google or Yahoo! Just remember that the name you use will be the name on your profile.
Click here to Register or Log in - Yahoo! Answers
Yahoo! Answers has MANY categories
Browse Categories - Answer and Ask Questions
Once you have set up your account I encourage you to browse the categories on Yahoo! Answers. Find the areas that interest you the most. Most importantly - find the areas you write about! Use the keywords from your hubs, blogs or websites to find topics. As you continue your search you can begin answering or asking questions right away. "Best Answers" are chosen by the originator of the question and/or the voting public. Be sure to give great answers and include the link to your related hub. As readers seek answers and come across your response they just might click on your link as a source for additional information. Avoid being overly promotional and spammy. Yahoo! does have moderators and you want to be a good member of the community.
Note - Links will not appear hyperlinked until you reach 250 points (level 2). But, go ahead and include your links from the beginning and they will transpose when your level changes. It really does not take that long.
Points and Levels
How it works
- Earn points and work your way up the ranks. Your primary goal should be to reach Level 2. Once you reach Level 2 your links will appear as an actual hyperlink to your respective sites or hubs.
- Building up points is actually a rather easy process. Reaching Level 2 is doable in a very short period of time. I did it in less than two weeks with very little effort.
- To the right of this text box are the point values as well as levels for you to evaluate the process.
- Please be aware that you lose 5 points for every question that you ask. You might want to wait to ask questions until you reach Level 2.
Why do you want to be chosen as the Best Answer?
- Your answer will be the first answer shown and will be featured as the Best Answer to the question
- If your Best Answer is related to one of your hubs, blogs or sites you can include a link in your answer box (add the link when you answer the question - once the answer goes into voting or is chosen you can no longer edit it)
How do you get selected as Best Answer
- voting - the Yahoo! community votes for the Best Answer. Incidentally, you earn 1 point every time you vote. You also earn 10 points if your answer is chosen. Yes, you CAN vote for your own answer (once).
- author selection - the original author of the question can also select your answer as the Best Answer. This process supersedes community voting.
Yahoo! Tips & Tricks
- Give good quality answers. If you have a related hub topic include the link in your answer's source box as a reference. (only include relevant links or you will eventually be banned)
- When adding hub links be sure it includes a referral tracker. You want to get credit for anyone that signs up for HubPages. A referral tracker is the only way to assure you recruited a new hubber.
- Be courteous. If something is inappropriate flag it. Don't rant and rave with an answer against a fellow community member. A rude or snippy answer puts you at risk of losing your account. If something is inappropriate just flag it and move on.
- Be sure your answers and/or questions are clear and concise. Keep in mind that the purpose of Yahoo! Answers is to provide information to the community.
- Check your "My activity" page and keep up with voting. Remember, once your item goes into voting you can vote as well. Voting usually closes on the 7th day unless the author chooses your answer as the Best Answer first.
- Once you get the hang of Yahoo! Answers get SEO and keyword crafty. Build your answers around the SEO/keywords in your hubs. This combined with your link will make for a terrific back-link to your hub. Remember, Yahoo! is a MAJOR search engine and your creative answers can get you to the top of the search engine page. Use your FREE resources to the fullest!
- REMEMBER DO NOT COPY YOUR HUBS! Do not copy your hub as an answer. It is against our HubPages TOS and you can lose your hub. Get creative instead and formulate an effective answer as well as including a link to your hub. Don't forget - the whole idea is to generate traffic TO your hub.
More by this Author
How to do online research writing better and faster. Learn the tips and tricks of preparing and documenting online research, pre-writing skills, reflective editing and the publishing of your respective text. Includes...
Monitor traffic and generate residual income through referral trackers. Includes step by step instructions and video for creating a referral tracker on HubPages.
Natural vasodilators. The nitrates and minerals in certain foods lower blood pressure. The foods that show the most effective results are high in potassium, magnesium, nitrates and calcium. Read for a food list of foods...