peachpower profile image 60

Do you get mad when someone's Hub gives advice that makes it clear they have no experience there?

What do you do when you come across a Hub in which the author gives advice that makes it painfully obvious that they've never dealt with that of which they speak? I came across one today that I found very distasteful, personally, and it bothered me- maybe because I have a large emotional investment in the subject at hand. Plus, people are searching for answers that are actually HELPFUL, not search-engine oriented. I realize that I'm new here, and I'm not trying to rock the boat. I am genuinely curious.

• peachpower profile image

peachpower 4 years ago

Well, peeples, the Hub in question is over 18 months old, and the author doesn't appear to be very active anymore. So it would be to my detriment to bother. I was surprised at my reaction to it in the first place. Thanks for your perspective! :)

DrMark1961 profile image90

DrMark1961 says

• peachpower profile image

peachpower 4 years ago

The thing that troubles me is if it's well written, the person reading it may not be aware that the information is faulty. That's unfair, and so sad. I would hate if someone took GARBAGE advice and suffered because of it. I appreciate your comment!

Mazzy Bolero profile image91

Mazzy Bolero says

• peachpower profile image

peachpower 4 years ago

That just seems like it goes against the grain of what this whole site is based on! I wish there were something we could do about it, instead of just getting mad/flagging it.

Cara.R profile image80

Cara.R says

• peachpower profile image

peachpower 4 years ago

Hi Cara.R! As I read through the Hub, thinking about what you wrote, I believe it to be a combination of A.) answering to answer, and B.) not caring... Booooo!!! Thank you for weighing in :)

• peachpower profile image

peachpower 4 years ago

Voting down sounds good. I hear you on frustration, I was too... Good to know I'm not alone here. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

LoisRyan13903 profile image73

LoisRyan13903 says

relache profile image86

Raye (relache) says

• peachpower profile image

peachpower 4 years ago

I do love the way your mind works- I considered it, believe me. I'm a pretty sensitive chick (and I've been working damn hard to overcome it), and I was taken aback. Too MUCH emotional investment in that particular topic, I guess. Thx for your input!