kallini2010 profile image 87

What is your goal when you ask a question?

Obviously, there must be a reason for asking questions. I have my reasons and I have always had a strategy. I am curious what others think and do and why? In the meanwhile I find it extremely helpful visiting profiles of people and seeing their Q&A sections. You can say a lot about a person by a single answer and especially by the range of questions the person asks. This resource is invaluable. Do you agree?

melbel profile image92

Melanie Shebel (melbel) says

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 4 years ago

I don't want to make the judgment - selfish, not selfish - if you ask a question, have a certain goal in mind, achieve this goal - I would not call it selfish. If you don't achieve the goal (if there was any) - then it is your judgment call.

alifeofdesign profile image93

Graham Gifford (alifeofdesign) says

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 4 years ago

I agree with you. Sometimes it is hard to think of a question, but once you get the hang of it - it is very stimulating to get responses and get the understanding what interests other people and what does not.

Emanate Presence profile image87

Gary R. Smith (Emanate Presence) says

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 4 years ago

To me asking a question is simply asking a question, seeing what people think. I have to admit it is easier than to expect others to read my hubs which is time-consuming. Sometimes an Q&A is the best beginning for the HP relationship. Simple.

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 4 years ago

I like your approach because it is similar to mine, only I ask more than I answer and I never select the best answer. I think everybody who bothered answering deserves the same gratitude. Thanks!

innerspin profile image86

innerspin says

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 4 years ago

HP did not have that option before, but to me just glancing on questions, the number of answers they generate and the overall impression tells me enough about a writer - even before I get to read his/her hubs.

Rock_nj profile image89

John Coviello (Rock_nj) says

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 4 years ago

I like trying out different topics and different directions and sometimes I see a lot of responses - that means - that I have managed to touch the emotional strings of many people. It's interesting to discuss what we care about. I think.

somethgblue profile image90

somethgblue says

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 4 years ago

I agree that feedback is important, if not surprising at times. On my question of "sapiosexuality", I see that people are rather confused with the subject of sexuality itself.

CrisSp profile image83

CrisSp says

Shawnte87 profile image80

Shawnte (Shawnte87) says

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 4 years ago

Fair enough, thank you for your answer. I am glad I stumbled on your hubs!

flashmakeit profile image60

flashmakeit says

Goody5 profile image84

Goody5 says

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 4 years ago

I agree, but it would become exhausting at one point especially if nobody answers. I looked (randomly at Q&A of some people), their questions are barely answered (1, 2, 4) and they keep on asking the same kind of questions.

haikutwinkle profile image74

haikutwinkle says