Sherry Hewins profile image 94

Is it OK to comment on an answer to a question you did not ask?

A couple of times lately I commented on answers to questions I did not ask. Each time my comment has gone to moderation. They were perfectly nice, even complimentary comments. I can't find any rule that says you cannot do this. Is it not OK?

Sherry Hewins profile image94

Sherry Hewins says

• Enelle Lamb profile image

Enelle Lamb 4 years ago

No, not all authors have enabled moderation on their comments. Some have, like RedElf, and there is nothing wrong with that. Some haven't, like me. It is sometimes a matter of personal choice. Some use it to screen comments in case of unwanted links.

Lizam1 profile image82

Lizam1 says

Sapper profile image72

Sapper says

• luvintkandtj profile image

luvintkandtj 4 years ago

I do it as well. for example, now! But I feel seeing the dialog is beneficial at answering the initial question. As long as the comments are positive. You can disagree without being rude or disrespectful.

• Sherry Hewins profile image

Sherry Hewins 4 years ago

LOL... I could understand it if I was saying something like that.

Jackie Lynnley profile image76

Jackie Lynnley says

• Brett.Tesol profile image

Brett.Tesol 4 years ago

I agree, this is a comment on a answer for a question I didn't ask! The whole point is to agree, disagree, discuss and expand. It is not against the rules, it is part of the format (otherwise they wouldn't have a button).

luvintkandtj profile image61

luvintkandtj says