Sherry Hewins profile image 96

Is it OK to comment on an answer to a question you did not ask?

A couple of times lately I commented on answers to questions I did not ask. Each time my comment has gone to moderation. They were perfectly nice, even complimentary comments. I can't find any rule that says you cannot do this. Is it not OK?

Sherry Hewins profile image96

Sherry Hewins says

• Enelle Lamb profile image

Enelle Lamb 3 years ago

No, not all authors have enabled moderation on their comments. Some have, like RedElf, and there is nothing wrong with that. Some haven't, like me. It is sometimes a matter of personal choice. Some use it to screen comments in case of unwanted links.

Sapper profile image72

Sapper says

• luvintkandtj profile image

luvintkandtj 3 years ago

I do it as well. for example, now! But I feel seeing the dialog is beneficial at answering the initial question. As long as the comments are positive. You can disagree without being rude or disrespectful.

Jackie Lynnley profile image78

Jackie Lynnley says

• Brett.Tesol profile image

Brett.Tesol 3 years ago

I agree, this is a comment on a answer for a question I didn't ask! The whole point is to agree, disagree, discuss and expand. It is not against the rules, it is part of the format (otherwise they wouldn't have a button).

Lizam1 profile image82

Lizam1 says

luvintkandtj profile image63

luvintkandtj says

• Sherry Hewins profile image

Sherry Hewins 3 years ago

LOL... I could understand it if I was saying something like that.