MichaelJohnMele profile image 47

Anyone here on Hub Pages aspiring to be a professional writer?

I am aspiring to become a professional writer...hoping one day to write for some kind of video game publication or something similar...but I'll take whatever I can get in the meantime for the experience. I use Hub Pages mainly to practice my craft and as a showcase of my work for potential employers. My question is, am I wasting my time here...is there a better alternative and/or a better way to go about things? As you can see from my Hubs my writing style is very unorthodox, which I know is not for eveybody, but I'm hopeful it will one day seperate me from the heard. I welcome any feedback.

TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93

TIMETRAVELER2 says

• MichaelJohnMele profile image

Michael John Mele (MichaelJohnMele) 4 years ago

You are right...if you do make any money doing it (regardless of the amount), you are a professional. I guess I should have said I wanted to make a living out of it...that would have been a better choice of words.

SidKemp profile image94

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) says

• MichaelJohnMele profile image

Thank you so much for the advice...I greatly appreciate it. What books have you written, I would be interested in checking them out?

• MichaelJohnMele profile image

You have a lot of good advice...very helpful and gives me a lot to think about it. Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question and for giving me the benefit of your wisdom...I really appreciate it.

• MichaelJohnMele profile image

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, I was completely unaware of that. I went ahead and corrected some things on my hubs, so in about 24 hours or so they should all show up.

flashmakeit profile image60

flashmakeit says

• MichaelJohnMele profile image

I have thought about writting a book, but I just don't know where to start. I have a lot of interesting (and off-the-wall) ideas...just not too sure it would sell.