sparkster profile image 93

Have Hubpages gone too far?

I have just had yet another hub automatically unpublished and the reason is claimed to be because of unrelated links/capsules. As far as I can tell all the links and capsules are definitely related to the content of the hub. It seems that HP are getting too strict, to the point that I am seriously getting discouraged from writing here. I am starting to understand Bard Of Ely's frustration with the site. What really annoys me though (ironically) is the fact that I am making a decent income from Hubpages yet I now have no intention of writing any new hubs for fear of wasting my time.

ib radmasters profile image59

ib radmasters says

• sparkster profile image

Sparkster Hubs (sparkster) 4 years ago

Well, I tried updating the hub and submitted it but received the same email claiming it's against their t&c. Ah well, thats the end of Hubpages for me... At a time in my life when everything else seems to be falling apart too. Just what I needed!

MarleneB profile image94

Marlene Bertrand (MarleneB) says

• sparkster profile image

Sparkster Hubs (sparkster) 4 years ago

TBH I've been having a hard time lately and when this happened it was just the icing on the cake, so to speak. I guess I was a little hasty and I will probably continue to write here though will be a bit more cautious in the future.

nanderson500 profile image89

nanderson500 says

LoisRyan13903 profile image74

LoisRyan13903 says

Joan King profile image79

Joan King says

• sparkster profile image

Sparkster Hubs (sparkster) 4 years ago

Agreed. I've actually just had another hub unpublished. What annoys me is the fact that these hubs have been published for the last year with no problems.

Watford786 profile image60

Watford786 says

• sparkster profile image

Sparkster Hubs (sparkster) 4 years ago

I remember seeing that hub, I can't believe they banned your account over it. That's real harsh! Some ppl are making a living here, having their accounts banned in such ways after spending years building up a portfolio of artistic content is crazy.

0

RobSchneider says

• sparkster profile image

Sparkster Hubs (sparkster) 4 years ago

I have several of my own blogs and websites which receive almost as much traffic as I receive here at Hubpages but my most successful blog has made a whopping 12p! And that's after a couple of years hard work on it!