mpropp profile image 85

Is it possible for a person who has been banned from hubpages to still follow you and make comments?

Someone left a comment on one of my hubs and then left fan mail and followed me this weekend. I clicked on their profile and it says "This user has been banned from HubPages". It also says they joined 22 months ago and were last seen 30 hours ago. Were they already banned when they followed me and left comments? Or did they get banned in the last day or so? Also, is there any way for us to know why they got banned?

SoundNFury profile image85

Michael Valencia (SoundNFury) says

• mpropp profile image

Melissa Propp (mpropp) 4 years ago

I have to admit, it made me a little nervous, like what if they had been banned for spreading viruses or something to other hubbers! But, it was probably something much less exciting....

nanderson500 profile image89

nanderson500 says

• mpropp profile image

Melissa Propp (mpropp) 4 years ago

The fan mail shows, but you are correct-I can't see them under my list of followers. Maybe they were banned between the time they made the comments and by the time I saw them and the fan mail (about 25 hours).

Goody5 profile image83

Goody5 says

• mpropp profile image

Melissa Propp (mpropp) 4 years ago

It might be nice to have a general idea of why they were banned...I guess HP doesn't want to share or it might be illegal--but all I know is that this person was there for 22 months before getting banned. They definitely didn't sign in as guest.

0