Daughter Of Maat profile image 97

If you happen to read a hub that is meant to be educational...

...but all of the facts in it are wrong, what do you do? Do you tell the person their facts are wrong? Or do you just leave it? It drives me insane to find a hub by someone who has thousands of followers but all of the information in the hub is completely inaccurate. I just never know what I should do. I don't want to be rude, but people shouldn't be disseminating erroneous information either.

• Daughter Of Maat profile image

Melissa Flagg (Daughter Of Maat) 4 years ago

Thanks Paula! I've left comments before, but they usually always get deleted or ignored. One hubber, I tried to tell them in their title and hub the condition they were reporting on was actually misspelled!! So I flagged it.

DrMark1961 profile image91

DrMark1961 says

• Daughter Of Maat profile image

You're absolutely right DrMark. Comments don't work and neither do emails. But it's scary to just leave the erroneous info out there. Thank you for the congrats. I take it your traffic has improved then? Awesome! Ill be looking for your 100,000 soon!

ArtzGirl profile image82

ArtzGirl says

• Daughter Of Maat profile image

OMG I love you! Why am I not following you??

Rfordin profile image86

Rfordin says

• Daughter Of Maat profile image

I agree, but I think either way most people feel attacked and so choose to ignore it. I've corrected several hubbers on misinformation provided on the eye, and even though I that is my background and expertise, my corrections are ignored.

ScottLoogan profile image76

ScottLoogan says

• Daughter Of Maat profile image

That's a great way to look at it Scott. I, too, would want someone to correct me if an error was found in my hub. I want my work to be as accurate as possible. Paul E once corrected me for a duplicate text error and I greatly appreciated it!

DzyMsLizzy profile image90

Liz Elias (DzyMsLizzy) says

• Daughter Of Maat profile image

Indeed Lizzy. I think that's the route I'm going to take. Email them with the right information and hope they don't take offense!

Sherry Hewins profile image95

Sherry Hewins says

Michelle Taylor profile image81

Michelle Taylor says

• Daughter Of Maat profile image

I would think so too Michelle, but I've gotten emails from ticked off hubbers that I've tried to "help." But I totally agree with you!

• Daughter Of Maat profile image

Wow, the one I read today wasn't as dangerous as misinformation on Bipolar disorder. But I know what you mean. Many people write about the eye, and the majority of them are wrong and that can be really dangerous too! Drives me nuts!

0

Andre Sanchez says

• Daughter Of Maat profile image

I agree Andre, there needs to be a distinction there. And in this case, it was absolutely a fact reported erroneously. In fact, the link to the "evidence" of their fact actually proved the hubber wrong.

Silver Poet profile image80

Silver Poet says

62

datajhonpri says